Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Transfer OT Jacob Hood On Campus For Official Visit (2 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Hunter Anthony started some for us, right?
Annette Bening GIF by A24

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
From the Georgia Tater Island site -

One of the most intriguing prospects signed by Georgia in the 2022 class is taking his talents elsewhere. Jacob Hood has entered his name in the NCAA’s transfer portal, opening the door for other schools to reach out and recruit him.
Hood did not play for Georgia in 2022 after enrolling in the spring. He was dinged up for most of the year, dealing with various lower-body ailments.
At 6-foot-8 342 pounds, Hood was rated as a three-star prospect. Georgia, along with a host of other top programs, pursued him because of his rare frame and upside. He was ranked as the nation’s No. 490 overall player and No. 27 offensive tackle per the industry-generated, equally-weighted Tater Island Consensus. He was also the No. 17 player in Tennessee.
“I visited to watch the UGA vs. Kentucky game, and it was amazing. I can honestly say UGA has the best and most supportive fanbase in the SEC,” Hood said after a visit last fall. “The offensive line held their ground against Kentucky’s defense. It was great to see all my future coaches and have a chance to talk and build on the relationships we have. I spent most of the day enjoying the game and talking to commits and recruits. I enjoyed the love from the fans.”
The giant offensive lineman will have four years to play four once he picks his next home. Players have until January 18 to use the NCAA’s transfer portal. The window opened up on December 5.
Georgia has had instances in the past when a player has entered the portal only to return to the program. Robert Beal did it in 2019 and decided to come back. He went on to lead the Bulldogs in sacks during the 2021 National Championship season.
Amarius Mims entered the portal after the 2021 season, visited Florida State, but ultimately chose to return to Georgia. He rotated in at right tackle throughout the year and started Georgia’s playoff wins against Ohio State and TCU.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hopefully not Javorio (sp?) Burkes hurt, but.....

Actually, have we ever had a hurt offensive lineman transfer to us and start?
The big German Nouilli started at Guard
After Alex Lewis got done beating up students he transferred from Colorado and started at Center
Didn't Kevin Williams start a game before he got hurt?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
The big German Nouilli started at Guard
After Alex Lewis got done beating up students he transferred from Colorado and started at Center
But were they hurt before coming to Nebraska? Colorado has been good to us for OL transfers for sure though.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
But were they hurt before coming to Nebraska? Colorado has been good to us for OL transfers for sure though.
aw shit, hurt. Never mind. Reading comprehension and friday afternoon aren't meshing.

I really can't think of many transfer linemen who we got after they were hurt besides Miller from Cockeye

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds