Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NCAA being sued to prevent any transfer restritions. I hate this. (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
If you read through this guy's Twitter feed, he has some good coverage and points about what is going on with the NCAA in court.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
idk what that means. But I hope they say it
It basically means employers can’t band together to control where their employees can work and thereby affect how much they can make - it’s illegal and has been for many decades (and control where they go to school)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn't we just experience a transfer window with this rule basically in-effect?

I guess I don't see the issue.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn't we just experience a transfer window with this rule basically in-effect?

I guess I don't see the issue.
The suit is about restricting the number of transfers

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The suit is about restricting the number of transfers
I thought the suit was about the NCAA's unreasonable transfer restrictions?

"The amended complaint alleges that the NCAA unreasonably restricts college athletes’ freedom to transfer between academic institutions by limiting their eligibility to participate in intercollegiate contests if they transfer more than once during their college careers. By deterring transfers, the rule also denies athletes educational opportunities."

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I thought the suit was about the NCAA's unreasonable transfer restrictions?

"The amended complaint alleges that the NCAA unreasonably restricts college athletes’ freedom to transfer between academic institutions by limiting their eligibility to participate in intercollegiate contests if they transfer more than once during their college careers. By deterring transfers, the rule also denies athletes educational opportunities."
Yes that’s what I just said

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes that’s what I just said
You said it's about restricting the number of transfers not eliminating transfer restrictions altogether.

One sounds in-favor of the NCAA and the other in the athlete's favor.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
??? I do not understand your point. Saying the NCAA illegally penalized transfers after the first transfer is effectively an argument about the NCAA restricting the number of transfers,

Last edited:

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Y’all gotta think long game on this one. The easier it is for kids to leave, the more the programs that do their diligence in recruiting good kids and are straight forward with them will have an advantage.

Sure there will be chaos for a few years, but this will all play out and the mindsets like Rhule will win.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
It basically means employers can’t band together to control where their employees can work and thereby affect how much they can make - it’s illegal and has been for many decades (and control where they go to school)
Eeehhh that actually does make sense. NCAA eventually will be gone anyway, tell ‘em to fuck themselves

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds