Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tired of 1620 in the afternoon.... (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Severe and Benning in the morning -> this is the one you should listen to their husker coverage

These are good

The recruiting hour with Schaffer
Gary Sharpe show
Early break with Sip

Others that are hit and miss

HOL/247
No block no rock
Go big redcast
I'd add on Husker Doc Talk for football (only about monthly during the off-season but weekly during the season).

For Big Ten coverage, both Bigger Ten and Eyes On B1G are solid.

College Football Bros is pretty decent for national coverage during the season - it's hosted by three brothers who are just OK tbh but the sound quality is good and two of them are Husker fans. Nothing bugs me more in a podcast than shitty sound quality.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I listen to Pat McAfee on occasion he is the goat

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I'd add on Husker Doc Talk for football (only about monthly during the off-season but weekly during the season).
Man he rustle the shit out of me sometimes. He panders to the old run the ball guy. He said something like "we don't run plays today that are physical like we did in the 90's." I'm sorry but iz mz power etc can be physical no matter what the formation. They are the same plays at the end of the day.

I don't think he is dumb. I think he just tries to appeal to a certain part of the fan base.

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
I listen to severe & benning in the AM then Gary Sharpe right after that . At 2 if I’m still listening I switch to Handley on 590 , vastly better than the dumbasses on 1620 in the afternoon. Never got the draw for 93.7 the ticket , Sipple is the only one on that station I can stand to listen to especially after Gregath left...

But it’s offseason & lately I’ve been listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, most guests are
interesting , just finished listening to his interview with Dan Crenshaw today, good stuff!

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
I stopped listening when it was Stevens and someone else. They were awful. I haven’t given DP a listen.
I like the recruiting hour with Schafer, but usually forget to go back to the radio once I start streaming music.
Yeah Stevens is a fucking Moron, DP is an arrogant ass

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Sports talk is an exhausting medium even DURING the season. Filling up endless hours of radio and coming up with topics that will generate callers and conversation is hard to do and leads to hosts taking stances just for the sake of filling time and stirring the pot. It's all part of the profession. Offseason is even more difficult.

That being said, Bishop and Peterson come across so amateurish so I just never listen to their show.

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sports talk is an exhausting medium even DURING the season. Filling up endless hours of radio and coming up with topics that will generate callers and conversation is hard to do and leads to hosts taking stances just for the sake of filling time and stirring the pot. It's all part of the profession. Offseason is even more difficult.

That being said, Bishop and Peterson come across so amateurish so I just never listen to their show.

I loved NY sports talk radio because it reminded me that anyone complaining about the kids gloves treatment Nebraska coaches get has probably never left the state

sexmonster

Linebacker
Can't get me to listen to that shit. Need my guys like Frost to show you guys he's the long term fit. Periodt. Don't need farmer joe or lib trial lawyer from Omaha slandering the team with shitty half facts. Ok, pal? That's not directed directly at anyone. Ok...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds