Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Prairie Club (Valentine, NE) (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Drama This Is Gonna Be Good GIF

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I went there a year or two after it opened and it was a great time. I preferred the Pines course, but the Dunes is awesome too

Maggs

Bench Warmer
What do you want to know? It’s very nice. Doesn’t open until the middle of May. Step below Sandhills, but very nice.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
What do you want to know? It’s very nice. Doesn’t open until the middle of May. Step below Sandhills, but very nice.
Looking at planning a golf trip either this summer and next and am evaluating options. Have never been to the Sandhills area in general so it’s on the list of choices for the trip.

Sandhills would be incredible to play but have heard it’s fairly difficult to get on if you aren’t a member/don’t know one. So looking at Prairie Club instead.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looking at planning a golf trip either this summer and next and am evaluating options. Have never been to the Sandhills area in general so it’s on the list of choices for the trip.

Sandhills would be incredible to play but have heard it’s fairly difficult to get on if you aren’t a member/don’t know one. So looking at Prairie Club instead.
That’s an understatement

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Prairie Club is awesome. Went on a golf trip in 2021 with some buddies and we play Awarii Dunes, Wild Horse, Prairie Club and then Bayside.

We didn't stay on site so I can't comment on the lodging. It was $250 a person for all you can golf basically. They have two courses, The Pines and the Dunes course. They alternate each day which course they use. Public gets to use one and private members get to use the other. The day we went we were playing the Pines. They also have this area called the "Horse Course". It is basically 10 greens set up in a field with no tee boxes and you just go out there and make up your own holes and have fun. Basically just went out there with 12 guys, a case of beer and a hand full of wedges. Settled up bets from the round and playing closest to the pin.

I also got the pleasure of playing which is an hour and a half south of Prairie Club. Awesome place as well!

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Prairie Club is awesome. Went on a golf trip in 2021 with some buddies and we play Awarii Dunes, Wild Horse, Prairie Club and then Bayside.

We didn't stay on site so I can't comment on the lodging. It was $250 a person for all you can golf basically. They have two courses, The Pines and the Dunes course. They alternate each day which course they use. Public gets to use one and private members get to use the other. The day we went we were playing the Pines. They also have this area called the "Horse Course". It is basically 10 greens set up in a field with no tee boxes and you just go out there and make up your own holes and have fun. Basically just went out there with 12 guys, a case of beer and a hand full of wedges. Settled up bets from the round and playing closest to the pin.

I also got the pleasure of playing which is an hour and a half south of Prairie Club. Awesome place as well!
This is perfect. Thank you for laying that out- exactly the itinerary im loooking at

Which course did you also play? I don’t see a name there in the last sentence

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
If you can take the time to do it, stay at the lodge or in the cabins for one night and you can golf both arrival/checkout days and get to golf at least two rounds each day as part of the stay n play...accommodations are decent and the food is pretty good at the lodge as well. If you decide to stay in Valentine, the Peppermill Steakhouse is also solid for eats.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
It’s similar to getting on at Augusta
Much easier than that, but still difficult. You can write a letter to the club and they’ve been known to accommodate a one-time-only round as a guest of the club. Worth a shot if you don’t have a better connect.

As for Prairie Club, it’s a cool experience and worth the effort. Dunes is better than Pines. Make time for the horse course. Fredericks Peak is a 10 hole course in town that’s supposed to be pretty wild as well. Also make time to float down a river in a cow tank.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG

That's an awesome trip.

Prairie Club is awesome for all the reasons you describe. My parents live 5 min from Bayside so I play that one a few times a summer. I've done a few similar trips with buddies over the years.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds