Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Players Club (1 Viewer)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just found out I now can get access to The Players Club in swimtown via my local club’s network. Is it worth taking advantage of the next time I am back in the motherland?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
It’s not a bad club. If you’re a golfer, go for it. If not, you can skip on it.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Yeah. Most clubs have social memberships.
I was about to sign up for one, but I only want a country club membership where I can get 3 other drinking okay golfers for the weekends and maybe league.

Edit: throwing an edit in here because finding three avid golfers for friends is more and more difficult it seems.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Just found out I now can get access to The Players Club in swimtown via my local club’s network. Is it worth taking advantage of the next time I am back in the motherland?
That’s where I play. Solid course. Clubhouse/amenities on the lighter side. Pretty good younger crowd.

What’s your local club?

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was about to sign up for one, but I only want a country club membership where I can get 3 other drinking okay golfers for the weekends and maybe league.

Edit: throwing an edit in here because finding three avid golfers for friends is more and more difficult it seems.
Same here. The guys I usually golf with aren’t gonna join a club anytime soon so I’m trying to figure it if it’ll be worth it.

I did reach out to champions and they said that you have to join as a social member while you wait for a golf membership spot to open up.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's nice. It's probably top 5ish course in Omaha. Maybe as high as 4? OCC, Champions, Happy can't think of any more I'd rank higher.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
It's nice. It's probably top 5ish course in Omaha. Maybe as high as 4? OCC, Champions, Happy can't think of any more I'd rank higher.
Haven’t played there yet, but Lost Rail probably. Also Quarry if you count Ashland

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
On golf alone I’d rank OCC, Lost Rail, and Platteview as better in the metro.
Is the loser from the other board there? He seems more like a Happy guy. Such a pretty boy.
Haha nope. Funny you say that though as his FIL is a member at Happy.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
A fellow DFW Husker!
I haven’t played Old American but played the Tribute a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. Which do you like better?

They are two completely different courses, hard to compare (which actually makes it great that we have both). Old American is definitely harder. If someone could only play one, I would say play Old American. Tribute is wonderful, but OA is an original design.

If you ever want to play, hit me up. Always looking for more people to play with.

gtlacey

Defensive Lineman
They are two completely different courses, hard to compare (which actually makes it great that we have both). Old American is definitely harder. If someone could only play one, I would say play Old American. Tribute is wonderful, but OA is an original design.

If you ever want to play, hit me up. Always looking for more people to play with.
That is awesome that y’all have both. How long does it take you to get to the courses?

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That is awesome that y’all have both. How long does it take you to get to the courses?

I don’t live in the Tribute community, I live about 15 minutes north. Technically little elm because as I say we live on the wrong side of 423 🤣

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds