Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Prairie Club (Valentine, NE) (2 Viewers)

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
That's an awesome trip.

Prairie Club is awesome for all the reasons you describe. My parents live 5 min from Bayside so I play that one a few times a summer. I've done a few similar trips with buddies over the years.
West Nebraska is very under rated for golf

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
OCC is probably the #2 course in the state IMO, and I’ve played pretty much all the good courses out west (Sandhills, Caprock, Dismal, Prairie Club, etc.)
Have you had a chance to play Lost Rail yet? I hear that place is insane.

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
Stayed for two nights and three days. Easily got in 40 holes a day. The HORSE course is a lot of fun at night for some gambling. Stayed on-site, spent just under $1000 for everything. Well worth it. Pro-shop is a disappointment as is most of the merch. Other than that it was great.

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
No, but I’ve heard good things. Same thing for Landmand. Also looking forward to Greybull in the next couple of years.
Yeah I've heard that too. Excited to try to play Landmand this year. Graybull I haven't heard too much about other than it's in Maxwell.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Yeah I've heard that too. Excited to try to play Landmand this year. Graybull I haven't heard too much about other than it's in Maxwell.
Architect for GB is the same guy that did Bandon Dunes. Will be a Dormie course and I think you’ll have to stay out there in order to play.

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Lost Rail is fantastic. Landmand may end up being my favorite course I’ve played in the US once it’s had a few years to mature.
I wish I had a chance to play Lost Rail haha. I've heard really good things about Landmand. Super excited to check it out.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
I wish I had a chance to play Lost Rail haha. I've heard really good things about Landmand. Super excited to check it out.
My only complaint with Lost Rail is that it should be a little more spread out. The actual holes are great.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Much easier than that, but still difficult. You can write a letter to the club and they’ve been known to accommodate a one-time-only round as a guest of the club. Worth a shot if you don’t have a better connect.

As for Prairie Club, it’s a cool experience and worth the effort. Dunes is better than Pines. Make time for the horse course. Fredericks Peak is a 10 hole course in town that’s supposed to be pretty wild as well. Also make time to float down a river in a cow tank.

You still have to play with a member at Sandhills. I don’t think they really allow any exceptions.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
You still have to play with a member at Sandhills. I don’t think they really allow any exceptions.
They allow an exception once in a person’s lifetime, as permitted by the club. So if you write a fantastic letter and they decide you’re worthy of a tee time, then you’re never getting back on the course again unless it’s with a member.

skerohio

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
They allow an exception once in a person’s lifetime, as permitted by the club. So if you write a fantastic letter and they decide you’re worthy of a tee time, then you’re never getting back on the course again unless it’s with a member.
Accurate. One of my caddies in Bandon did this, they let him and three buddies stay one night and play one round because of a letter he wrote.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds