Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The next 9 months are going to be wild (2 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
So many things will be happening now it is gonna make our heads spin. The dynamics and situation are a little different this time around.

1: We will see some immediate transfers out IMO. (round 1)

We can get into a guessing game about who but there is no doubt it will happen.
Will it be a huge number or small? Will depend on what comes next.

2: New Hires

I assume that the OC has to be the first new hire.
My guess is that coach will want to help pick who gets the other spots.
Will we finally dedicate a spot to ST?
Will we be able to attract any top guys to what some might perceive as a "dead man walking" situation?

3: Decisions by players with remaining eligibility.

This is going to be the wildcard. Adrian's decision will affect so many things.
Or does Scott or the new OC make a decision for him? Would Nebraska push
him out the door? I assume that Daniels and Allen are gone. (and they should take their chance to turn pro)

4: Reshaping recruiting again.

Will the new hires also come with a new philosophy and want to change something about the roster
and who we target?

5: Transfers in

Needs to be numerous. Needs to happen fast to get here before spring. (Especially if we go for a new QB)
Needs to include a kicker (what will that make like 12 since Frost was hired?) and possibly a punter (fucking again...???).
Time is of the essence here since we need whoever that comes in to be ready to roll at the beginning of the season.

6: Spring will be under an even larger than usual microscope.

Fans are gonna be antsy for improvement and reassurance. I'm sure Turd will trying to sell positivity
and calm. Will it work?

7: Transfers out (round 2) after spring.

It is inevitable in the modern day of college football.

8: Summer of building anxiety for the fan base.

Months of "what if" articles. The pressure will be a continuous building wave.

9: And it all culminates into another season opener against a team that we will feel like we should beat (Northwestern)
in Dublin, fucking Ireland to set the tone for the new year much like Illinois did this year.

As if this game needed more pressure or weirdness.

I didn't even mention the NCAA investigation and the monkey wrench that could throw in here. (I dont think it will be anything in the end)

Turd and Scott are going to have to walk a hell of a tightrope to get this to work out. A tightrope that only Turd crosses with the benefit of a safety net because
Scott is out of chances.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So many things will be happening now it is gonna make our heads spin. The dynamics and situation are a little different this time around.

1: We will see some immediate transfers out IMO. (round 1)

We can get into a guessing game about who but there is no doubt it will happen.
Will it be a huge number or small? Will depend on what comes next.

2: New Hires

I assume that the OC has to be the first new hire.
My guess is that coach will want to help pick who gets the other spots.
Will we finally dedicate a spot to ST?
Will we be able to attract any top guys to what some might perceive as a "dead man walking" situation?

3: Decisions by players with remaining eligibility.

This is going to be the wildcard. Adrian's decision will affect so many things.
Or does Scott or the new OC make a decision for him? Would Nebraska push
him out the door? I assume that Daniels and Allen are gone. (and they should take their chance to turn pro)

4: Reshaping recruiting again.

Will the new hires also come with a new philosophy and want to change something about the roster
and who we target?

5: Transfers in

Needs to be numerous. Needs to happen fast to get here before spring. (Especially if we go for a new QB)
Needs to include a kicker (what will that make like 12 since Frost was hired?) and possibly a punter (fucking again...???).
Time is of the essence here since we need whoever that comes in to be ready to roll at the beginning of the season.

6: Spring will be under an even larger than usual microscope.

Fans are gonna be antsy for improvement and reassurance. I'm sure Turd will trying to sell positivity
and calm. Will it work?

7: Transfers out (round 2) after spring.

It is inevitable in the modern day of college football.

8: Summer of building anxiety for the fan base.

Months of "what if" articles. The pressure will be a continuous building wave.

9: And it all culminates into another season opener against a team that we will feel like we should beat (Northwestern)
in Dublin, fucking Ireland to set the tone for the new year much like Illinois did this year.

As if this game needed more pressure or weirdness.

I didn't even mention the NCAA investigation and the monkey wrench that could throw in here. (I dont think it will be anything in the end)

Turd and Scott are going to have to walk a hell of a tightrope to get this to work out. A tightrope that only Turd crosses with the benefit of a safety net because
Scott is out of chances.
The only point I would differ with you is Martinez. There is no way Frost will push him out. He will do everything he can to get him to come back.

doublewing

Running Back
Yesterday accomplished two things IMO: prolonged the inevitable and revealed the odd fraternity that NU Football has become.

On the latter, that OWH Editorial Board article was strange AF. That and Turd coming out and giving Frost credence because he's "a brother, he's a Husker, and he's a Nebraskan," is a pathetic statement.

NU Football has become an incestuous men's club that believes its own bullshit hype despite years of evidence that dictate otherwise. It's one thing to have a bad program, it's another to lean into it like we're a good one. We're a national laughingstock and did a favor to the rest of the B10 yesterday.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yesterday accomplished two things IMO: prolonged the inevitable and revealed the odd fraternity that NU Football has become.

On the latter, that OWH Editorial Board article was strange AF. That and Turd coming out and giving Frost credence because he's "a brother, he's a Husker, and he's a Nebraskan," is a pathetic statement.

NU Football has become an incestuous men's club that believes its own bullshit hype despite years of evidence that dictate otherwise. It's one thing to have a bad program, it's another to lean into it like we're a good one. We're a national laughingstock and did a favor to the rest of the B10 yesterday.
The happiest people about this are Minnesota, Cockeye and Wisconsin. As they should be.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
All of this and I’ll be fully expecting a clunker in Ireland where we make identical mistakes as we have in years 1-4 and lose by 6.
This is what I thought about this year. Since most teams didn't change all that much because of the COVID year, I thought that we would just see more of the same as last season. I was right except for our kicker....he was worse.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
You forgot that local media will be going full ham on talking up the changes and how the team is more prepared than they've ever been. They'll be talking about some of the previous deficiencies and how the new staff has addressed them, and a ton of people will buy it.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Also OP not only is Nebraska needing to hire some coaches, they will also have to do work to keep a couple coaches on the defensive side. Fisher and Tuioti may need some persuasion to stay.

Yore right, I'm guessing (hoping) they factored that into the equation when expanding the pool for assistants' pay.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member

Calling us a national laughing stock is really dumb. The people you're worried about laughing at us either don't care or don't matter. The ones able to look at the situation objectively and whose opinions I think hold more value, like Bob Stoops, think kicking Frost to the curb would have been a bad move. I'll take his opinion over Cletus from Cockeye City any day of the week.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yore right, I'm guessing (hoping) they factored that into the equation when expanding the pool for assistants' pay.
I'd imagine Nebraska will match whatever salary they could get elsewhere, but if either of them move it'll be for reasons that don't have anything to do with money, imo

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I'd imagine Nebraska will match whatever salary they could get elsewhere, but if either of them move it'll be for reasons that don't have anything to do with money, imo

I dunno, I think they've got it made in the shade. They've got some pretty good players coming through the hopper and a chance to bolster their resumes again next year. We're probably going to need to bust out the checkbook for Chin as well.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't one of Tuioti's sons about to play his senior season at LSE next year? Would seem to be an odd time to walk away from a job where you'd be paid well, you're appreciated, and you've stockpiled some pretty decent talent.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Amen, brother. I talked to a lot of Ohio State fans Saturday, both tailgating and sitting around me (plenty of cheap tickets were available), and they could not believe our program was the state it is in. Some of their comments were:

- “you guys have everything you need to be successful.”
- “your fans are amazing for continuing to pack the stadium for a losing team.”
- “when are you guys going to get serious about winning again?”
- “no way should your expectations be this low. You guys deserve better.”

Ultimately, our fanbase has become afflicted with Battered Fan Syndrome. We have come to be okay with poor results because we love the people in charge. It's kind of fascinating in a way, but also pathetic.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Calling us a national laughing stock is really dumb. The people you're worried about laughing at us either don't care or don't matter. The ones able to look at the situation objectively and whose opinions I think hold more value, like Bob Stoops, think kicking Frost to the curb would have been a bad move. I'll take his opinion over Cletus from Cockeyes City any day of the week.
Nationally we definitely are a punchline. I'm sure that makes it easier for people to negatively recruit against us.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds