Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The next 9 months are going to be wild (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't one of Tuioti's sons about to play his senior season at LSE next year? Would seem to be an odd time to walk away from a job where you'd be paid well, you're appreciated, and you've stockpiled some pretty decent talent.
Yes he is. I wouldn't move right now if I was him or Fisher. The options they have now will likely be there a year from now (I'm also more bullish on the D being a sustainable thing than some). But if they were to leave it won't be because we aren't willing to match the money they would get elsewhere

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Nationally we definitely are a punchline. I'm sure that makes it easier for people to negatively recruit against us.

Yea, like I said, I'll defer to guys like Bob Stoops instead of whoever you follow on twitter. His opinion holds a little bit more water, imo.

And negative recruiting tends to hurt the coach doing the negative recruiting more than help. Telling a 17 year old kid he's an idiot for considering this or that school usually doesn't help their cause.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Yea, like I said, I'll defer to guys like Bob Stoops instead of whoever you follow on twitter. His opinion holds a little bit more water, imo.

And negative recruiting tends to hurt the coach doing the negative recruiting more than help. Telling a 17 year old kid he's an idiot for considering this or that school usually doesn't help their cause.
I'm not talking about the talking heads, even though guys like Cowherd will inevitably go back to trashing Nebraska when we're losing again next year.

I'm talking about real people. You think NU getting laughed at constantly helps when you're trying to pull a kid out of Texas, Florida, or Cali? Prestige matters to recruits.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm not talking about the talking heads, even though guys like Cowherd will inevitably go back to trashing Nebraska when we're losing again next year.

I'm talking about real people. You think NU getting laughed at constantly helps when you're trying to pull a kid out of Texas, Florida, or Cali? Prestige matters to recruits.

We've had top 20 classes every single year under Frost...

doublewing

Running Back
Calling us a national laughing stock is really dumb. The people you're worried about laughing at us either don't care or don't matter. The ones able to look at the situation objectively and whose opinions I think hold more value, like Bob Stoops, think kicking Frost to the curb would have been a bad move. I'll take his opinion over Cletus from Cockeyes City any day of the week.
I'm not talking about media that laughs at us, I'm specifically referring to teams that play us. IDGAF what Bob Stoops has to say.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What are the chances we target Max Duggan? I haven’t watched the kid & reading TCUs fans glad to see him pulled, must mean he isn’t performing, plus if a more option offense probably wouldn’t suit him.

I still believe Frost will put all his chips on AM but we gotta have a legit backup since he can get hurt at any moment.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm not talking about media that laughs at us, I'm specifically referring to teams that play us. IDGAF what Bob Stoops has to say.

So you said a national laughing stock and what you meant was we're a laughing stock to the teams that play us.... Got it. Lol

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
So you're saying recruits, their families, and their friends are laughing at Nebraska?
In some cases. If the recruit isn't in or near Nebraska everyone around them probably is. If not laughing then feeling sorry for us.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
In some cases. If the recruit isn't in or near Nebraska everyone around them probably is. If not laughing then feeling sorry for us.

You think everyone around every recruit that isn't in or near Nebraska is laughing or feeling sorry for us? What planet do you live on?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
You think everyone around every recruit that isn't in or near Nebraska is laughing or feeling sorry for us? What planet do you live on?
Not everyone, but certainly happens a hell of a lot more to us since we've been a clown show.

doublewing

Running Back
So you said a national laughing stock and what you meant was we're a laughing stock to the teams that play us.... Got it. Lol
At some point you need to accept the fact that we've become Kansas Football and have fully embraced that. So far you're not processing it.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
At some point you need to accept the fact that we've become Kansas Football and have fully embraced that. So far you're not processing it.

Ok, so if we're Kansas Football and you've accepted it and being awful, why are you so worried about being a laughing stock? Sounds like you're the one who needs to accept it...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds