Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking I think the house next door was purchased to launder money (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
For starters, I have so much goddamn work to do today and I really don't have time for this, but now it's all I can think about.

It all started a year and a half ago, when the house next door to us was listed for sale. It's a nice house, very well updated, decent size, and it also happens to be where Warren Buffett lived when he started what would become Berkshire Hathaway. The house was listed during the annual shareholders meeting and ended up selling for around $800k all cash, which was above asking.

Anyway, the woman who owned the house moved out and then nothing happened. Nobody ever moved in. The house was never listed for rent. Nobody was mowing the lawn or doing anything.

Eventually, I talked with another neighbor who said that he was in contact with the buyer and that it was some guy from California who was a fan of Buffett's and had made money starting his own businesses. Anyway, my neighbor has a son who he offered to put "on retainer" to do yard work and maintenance, but that ended about as quickly as it started and the yard goes months at times without being mowed. We haven't given it too much thought over the past year, except when we're annoyed about having to trim back their trees and weeds that are growing and hanging over our driveway. It's even kind of convenient to have an extra driveway, since ours is only single car width.

But this morning we got an OPPD bill in the mail. My wife opened it without looking and then realized it was actually a shutoff notice for the house next door. At this point I'm wondering who the fuck pays $800k in cash for a house, can afford to leave it vacant, but is too cheap to pay for landscaping and willing to risk their pipes bursting over the winter without any fucking heat.

So we find the Real Estate Transfer online, and we see that the buyer lists two different LLCs, both with the same address in Florida. One of them is called Mus Associates LLC and the other is Facelook LLC. I'm not kidding, those are actually what's on the document. However, it does list an individual name to go on the Tax Statement, so i google the name. Nothing shows up. Guy doesn't exist.

Eventually my wife finds a match for someone with a very similar name (just one vowel different in the last name). His Facebook doesn't even look real, it looks like a bot account:
FKgRXFs.jpg

vVjKtDb.jpg

M0uQn1W.jpg

His LinkedIn also doesn't show much in terms of how he would afford to buy this house, but it does list a company where he's been a "sales manager" for the past 9 years at a company called Greek House.
OMq2Bpl.jpg

ZCgOd61.jpg

So I look it up. Apparently they design and screen print apparel for sororities/fraternities, but it’s pretty clear it’s all outsourced and they don’t have any in-house operations. This is just a marketing company/brand selling shitty screen printed merch. While looking over the employees listed on the website, I discover the one of the co-founders has the same last name as our mystery buyer.
IRtYnwh.png

It also says that the co-founder has launched three other "brands" which are Athletes Thread, College Thread, and Threadly. None of these are real companies, and if you look them up you'll realize that right away. It's just a fully outsourced platform that sells screen printed merchandise to companies, and customers. They have virtually no real followers or engagement on their social media, so it's starting to feel a bit scammy.

I checked the Athletes House facebook page and there are only two reviews, both from people saying that they purchased items that either never showed up or were absolutely horrible quality. Mind you this is a company advertising that they sell fully licensed athletics apparel.
GSh9gb2.png

9mAGzJt.png

I will say that Greek House does seem like a real company, but even their instagram account doesn't have any actual follower engagement, the only people commenting on their posts are the "brand ambassadors" who are current or recently graduated sorority girls trying to become influencers. There's simply no way that this company is making a fortune.

So this all brings me back to the mystery surrounding the sale of the house next door. Why would someone from Florida, or California, or wherever else buy Warren Buffett's old house in Omaha, and then leave it sitting vacant? Is this guy laundering money through his brother or a fictional persona and LLCs because he knows the IRS will eventually come knocking? Are his businesses actually money laundering operations and that's how he's actually getting so much cash that he can throw close to a million at some house in Omaha without any thought? Why is this person's last name misspelled on the tax document (seems obvious)?

I'm so far down this rabbit hole guys.

TL;DR - out of state buyer pays $800k cash for house next door, leaves it vacant and unmaintained, potentially because they're concealing funds from the government and running illegal businesses

Last edited:

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Guys, I know you can call the city about yard care. That’s not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that I’ve been working 16 hour days for over a week straight and I’m starting to lose my mind.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Probably BlackRock
I've convinced myself that if it was an actual investor, they'd have this thing rented and maintained. He could've already received ~$50k in rent after the property managers cut, but instead it's sitting empty with a misspelled name on the tax documents. If you rent a house, you actually need to have a real person interact with the property managers, the city gets more information, etc. That's why they're leaving it vacant.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Excuse me, OP...dig deeper!

"In general, the IRS will pay an award of at least 15 percent, but not more than 30 percent of the proceeds collected attributable to the information submitted by the whistleblower. The award percentage decreases for claims based on information from public sources or if the whistleblower planned and initiated the actions that led to the noncompliance. Awards will be processed as either a section 7623(a) or 7623(b) award."

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Excuse me, OP...

"In general, the IRS will pay an award of at least 15 percent, but not more than 30 percent of the proceeds collected attributable to the information submitted by the whistleblower. The award percentage decreases for claims based on information from public sources or if the whistleblower planned and initiated the actions that led to the noncompliance. Awards will be processed as either a section 7623(a) or 7623(b) award."

Anyone got some non-public information I can attach to this?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds