Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Michigan spy (3 Viewers)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So with the NCAA investigation and timeline, their punishments won’t come until after season. But if the B1G gets more information from NCAA, they can issue punishments before that. If the B1G sees the evidence, could they issue a B1G championship ban on Michigan and maybe even their playoff slot?
Can the playoff committee take all this outside stuff into consideration?

Hate Michigan but it’d be a bad precedent to set. I’m not sure what the selection committee’s criteria are.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member

Hate Michigan but it’d be a bad precedent to set. I’m not sure what the selection committee’s criteria are.
Yeah it’s a tough call. On the one hand, you do nothing until season ends and Michigan potentially wins the national championship. Can you imagine the outrage? It would extend well beyond the Big Ten.

On the other hand, you punish them now and it causes a loss or two. The screaming and lawsuits by Michigan would be insufferable.

It’s a no win situation. Honestly, the best outcome would be for Slimebaugh to move on to NFL or retirement. The guy is a natural born cheat and that won’t change.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter

More than likely, they will. If B1G suspends JH and/or penalize Michigan somehow, then that will be considered. If the playoff committee believes if there is a chance that Michigan will have to forfeit this year and last year's wins, then yeah, they could easily say no Playoff invite.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan will be in if their resume supports it. The entire cloud over it will still likely be there but they're not going to hold them out. That's not to say every member of the committee except Warde Manual will be rooting their respective dicks off for Ohio State in The Game

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If Harbaugh never coached another game in college football, I would be fine with that. The guy doesn’t need to cheat and yet he does. Thats what makes him so despicable.
In this case, though, his team was trending down. His employer renegotiated his contract to pay him less and make it easier to fire him.

And then the sign stealing operation started. And he got all kinds of praise for "betting on himself."

He's a very good coach, but he was facing the end of his career in Michigan and was willing to do anything to salvage it.

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

The selection committee went on record to say that this is an NCAA thing. Basically seemed to be washing their hands of any responsibility.

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member
More Stalions/Michigan hijinks:

Michigan RB Blake Corum denies involvement in Connor Stalions business: 'I have no businesses with him'​

Michigan RB Blake Corum's name appears alongside Connor Stalions as an organizer of an LLC.​

Alejandro ZunigaAlejandro Zuniga21 mins

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Michigan RB Blake Corum, whose name appears alongside Connor Stalions as an organizer of an LLC formed in Wyoming, says he had no knowledge of the apparent partnership.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday night at the U-M football facilities, Corum said he was as surprised as anyone else to see his name listed alongside Stalions, a former analyst believed to be the center of an in-person scouting operation that may run afoul of NCAA rules, as an organizer of “BC2 Housing LLC” in Wyoming.

“I know exactly what you're talking about. My first time hearing it was when I went out to practice,” Corum said. “First of all, I have no businesses with him. I don't have any business with Connor or anything like that. But I'm glad whoever found it, whoever was searching the web was able to find that. I appreciate you. My attorneys are on it. We’ll definitely get that figured out right away and give my name taken off or whatever it is.”

Asked if he’s involved in any business with Stalions, Corum replied: “Heck no.”

“I don’t know what he did. … I don’t know how that works. But it’ll be taken care of. I was talking to my attorney right before I came out here, so they’re on it.”

More details about Stalions and his non-Michigan dealings emerged Tuesday in the Wall Street Journal. That paper described how Stalions had been accused by his HOA of “allegedly operating an appliance refurbishing business out of his home in violation of its bylaws.”

“That’s something I’m not really into,” Corum said of the reports of Stalions’ apparent vacuum cleaner business. “Vacuums aren’t my thing. I’m a clean person, but I’m not a cleaner. Vacuums aren’t my thing. I don’t know anything about that.”

Corum says the apparent legal process is “not a distraction.” But it does add a somewhat bizarre twist to what has become one of the largest stories in college football.

On Oct. 19, it was announced that the NCAA had opened an investigation into Michigan allegedly using improper methods to scout opponents and steal their signs. While sign-stealing is neither against the rules nor uncommon in football, “off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents (in the same season) is prohibited,” per NCAA bylaw 11.6.1.

One day after the investigation began, Michigan suspended analyst Connor Stalions, who was cited as a person of interest in the investigation. In the week that followed, it was confirmed through multiple media outlets that Stalions bought tickets to more than 30 games involving Big Ten teams in his own name, with the intention of sending third-party members to attend those games and record a future opponent’s sideline signals. The Naval Academy graduate and former Marine captain volunteered as a low-level assistant for Michigan while living out of state from 2015-21, and was hired by the program in 2022.

While the NCAA is investigating how he obtained the information and if others on Michigan’s staff knew about or endorsed his allegedly improper tactics, Stalions took considerable pride in his ability to pick up opponents’ signals, touting it on his LinkedIn account and bragging to others trying to get into the coaching industry. During games, he could often be seen next to Michigan’s coaches and coordinators offering his thoughts on what the opponent’s play call would be.

Stalions resigned from his position Nov. 3.

Though Stalions is to date the only Michigan staff member implicated in the investigation, that has not calmed the contempt other Big Ten programs hold toward Michigan and head coach Jim Harbaugh over the allegations. According to multiple reports, Big Ten coaches and athletic directors each held emotional, impassioned phone calls with Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti last week, urging the conference to do something this fall, presumably before the NCAA investigation concluded. On Friday, the Michigan Insider’s Sam Webb confirmed that Petitti met with Michigan president Santa Ono, Michigan regents and athletic Director Warde Manuel.

As the NCAA investigation continues, Michigan continues to dominate on the field. The Wolverines are 9-0 on the season, winning every game by at least 24 points.

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Ok here we go. The poster shared this link to an OSU board. Read it for at least a laugh.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds