Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Adam Carriker Gameday Experience (4 Viewers)

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Carriker’s tweet asking for patience is rich!

They’ve had our money since mid summer. Promised a few days before Wisky game refunds would be sent 12/5, then later that they’d be mailed 12/8.

Then 12/21 sent us bogus USPS tracking numbers that a week later still show package has not been received by post office.

The Wisky game was 11/19 and it’s now 12/28 with no refund in sight and they’ve all gone silent.

Patience my ass!!

Last edited:

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

Hacking Rocco Botte GIF by Mega64

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
the CC statements say the payment went to Adam Carriker, so I'm not sure how he's just putting this together. either he's had the money this whole time, or the supposed "good guys" that hacked him stole the money from him too. If his story is true I'd expect him to pursue legal action against those people. the longer he goes without doing that the worse Adam looks

trueluk

Bench Warmer
I believe him that he never actually sent any emails. I don’t believe him that he just found out about it. People were dming him on Twitter prior to the first game about it 2 months ago. I wouldn't consider that "recent".

My thought is Adam, or his web guy, gave the Nfluence guy/team an admin account to Adam's wordpress site (or even access to the webhost). Nfluence guy/team could have told him it will be easier to just give them access, then they could make the posts and Adam wouldn't have to worry about anything. With that, the Nfluence guy/team could easily make any email address he wants using Adam's domain. For example, adam@adamcarriker.com or nfluence@adamcarriker.com or experience@adamcarriker.com or gameday@adamcarriker.com. You get the idea.

As far as the CC statements go, it depends on the payment processor, but some processors let you set that text. It is possible the money was going to Nfluence and the statements were setup to say Adam's name because they were running a scam from the beginning.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My thought is Adam, or his web guy, gave the Nfluence guy/team an admin account to Adam's wordpress site (or even access to the webhost). Nfluence guy/team could have told him it will be easier to just give them access, then they could make the posts and Adam wouldn't have to worry about anything. With that, the Nfluence guy/team could easily make any email address he wants using Adam's domain. For example, adam@adamcarriker.com or nfluence@adamcarriker.com or experience@adamcarriker.com or gameday@adamcarriker.com. You get the idea.

As far as the CC statements go, it depends on the payment processor, but some processors let you set that text. It is possible the money was going to Nfluence and the statements were setup to say Adam's name because they were running a scam from the beginning.
Frustrated The Office GIF by myHQ

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
my money would be on Carriker probably having good intentions, not doing enough research on the people he was getting involved with and then hoping the problem would go away once it became clear they were scamming. and now that the evening news is involved, he releases this. it would be a nice gesture if he could do something for those fans affected just to regain some goodwill if nothing else.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Husker fans fighting to get what they paid for after subpar gameday experience​

Mike McKnight updated 5 hours ago

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Avid husker fan AJ Brink pictured himself and three out-of-state friends watching a Nebraska football game from a skybox.

“I was under the impression the $2,000 I paid was going toward suite tickets and that money would go to charities,” Brink said. “Instead we got some $25 tickets.”

Instead of regular stadium seats, AJ expected to watch the Minnesota game in a suite as part of a private promotion called Nebraska GameDay Experience promoted by a group called Nfluence.

“It was absolutely not what we were sold, and not what we were expecting,” Brink said.

Just before kickoff, the Minnesota gameday experience started with a red flag. The promoter posted a sign that “due to not enough seats reserved by our benefactor, all experience buyers are being refunded.” This group paid for the less expensive packages.

“Each of you paid $1,000 for two tickets plus perks did any of that come true. No.”

“We were promised refund dates, I think three or four different times,” said buyer Troy Hughes. There was a perk package to come along with it.”

“I want my money and perks to that,” said fellow buyer Cody Salsman. “I was promised perks like a Yeti Cool and custom Husker jersey.”

Through his lawyer, former husker Adam Carriker says he was never paid to be a pitchman for the Nebraska GameDay Experience. Carriker says he’s deeply saddened and angry to learn numerous fans didn’t get what they paid for.

“We are raising money for great Nebraska charities,” Carriker said.

The Nebraska football hall-of-famer says he was misled into promoting the expensive ticket package after being told proceeds would go to a dozen charities, which is one reason this fan paid $1,000.

“We were misled because we thought we had ticket perks and the money was a fundraiser for organizations doing great things in our community,” Salsman said.

6 News contacted several charities listed that proceeds would benefit. A spokesman for the Ronald McDonald House says it’s not received a donation in relation to this experience. And the Sam Foltz Foundation hasn’t heard of the promotion.

“I donate a lot to events and non-profit groups, and this makes me second guess ‘Should I be contributing,’” said buyer Adam Bayse.

Most of the Nebraska GameDay Experience fans paid with credit cards last summer and are disputing charges with their banks if it’s not too late in the game.

“It wasn’t what any of us were expecting that’s for sure,” Brink said.

In a statement, Adam Carriker says the promoter called Nfluence used his website and sent emails in his name without his knowledge or permission. Carriker’s attorney says he’s sent the promotions group a cease-and-desist letter. One of the promoters texted that their attorney would be sending out a statement but none so far.

Carriker’s full statement:

“Last summer, a company purportedly specializing in pro bono and charitable work, and doing business as “Nfluence,” asked if I would agree to promote a charitable project, which would be known as the Husker GameDay Experience. The representatives of Nfluence represented to me that the Husker GameDay Experience would raise funds for charities by giving fans the opportunity to purchase Husker swag, suite tickets in Memorial Stadium, and watch Husker football games alongside former Husker players. I was told that the proceeds of the Husker GameDay Experience would be donated to 12 different charities whom I knew to be reputable.

Because the proceeds were going to a charitable cause, I agreed to promote the Husker GameDay Experience; however, my participation in the Husker GameDay Experience was limited to allowing upcoming events to be posted on my website and appearing on one promotional video. I recently discovered that numerous fans who used their hard-earned money to pay for the Husker GameDay Experience never received certain tickets, swag, and other benefits that they paid to receive.

After further investigation, I was also shocked to discover that, without my authorization, Nfluence obtained complete access to my website and had been sending numerous emails concerning the Husker GameDay Experience through an email account that Nfluence created in my name without my knowledge or consent.

Unfortunately, these unauthorized emails created the appearance for fans that I was directly involved in the Husker GameDay Experience, which was never the case.

I am deeply saddened and angry to learn that numerous fans did not get what they paid for, and although I had no involvement in the situation, my team and I are committed to doing everything reasonably within our power to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions, including but not limited to demanding that Nfluence and its principals agree to reimburse the affected fans for the funds that they paid for two Husker GameDay Experiences which never occurred (and for related perks and swag which were not received).

We are still investigating this matter and will continue to do so aggressively. I want to thank my fans, followers, and supporters for their patience and support as we work through this very unfortunate matter.”

Copyright 2023 WOWT. All rights reserved.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
feel bad for all involved but a good idea is to spend no money on this program in any capacity until they start winning. I haven't dropped a dime on Husker Football since probably 2017 when I watched us get throttled by unranked Cockeye at home by 11 billion points. Used to buy new merch every year, go to at least 2 home games (from 5 hours away) and a road game a year, an occasional hoops game, concessions, money spent in downtown Lincoln pre and post game, etc. Finally just put a stop to it by the end of the Riley era and it's been a good decision. The only team on that campus I'd pay a dollar to support is volleyball, the other teams I'm fine letting the Peed and 1890 boys support financially until they get their shit right. Too many people grifting off Nebraska athletics for too many years. I mean literally LOL at the amount of people stuffing their pockets off that fucking Northwestern game last year.
Isn't that a little fair-weather of you? You're only willing to support the team once they are winning???

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Isn't that a little fair-weather of you? You're only willing to support the team once they are winning???
I understand not spending during the last few Frost years, but NU is clearly trying to rectify the situation. We made a big boy hire at HC and Turd has done a lot of good behind the scenes. Time to be All N!!

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
still watch every game, unfortunately for me, just have better things to spend my $ on. particularly since under Moos, UNL leadership didn't even seem to have much interest in winning as long as the seats were full, tv checks coming in, and all Frosts drinking buddies were getting a paycheck.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
“6 News contacted several charities listed that proceeds would benefit. A spokesman for the Ronald McDonald House says it’s not received a donation in relation to this experience. And the Sam Foltz Foundation hasn’t heard of the promotion.”

Yikes.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Yeah…it’s funny how dude is all the sudden washing his hands of everything when he spread the initial promotion on multiple message boards. His good friend is now an acquaintance. Very weird.
You’re gonna get through this. Easy to place blame when you’re hurting.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds