Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Adam Carriker Gameday Experience (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I just read the thread on Tater Island. Holy shit, what a complete scam. I thought about buying tickets to it because of the extra perks but glad I didn’t.

Legit sounds like a Fyrefest situation. Anyone on here having those issues?

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
View attachment 18345
View attachment 18346

IDK how much people paid for this, but sounds expensive.

I was following. $1000 a ticket I think.

The fact that these people don’t realize they are getting scammed still is wild.

If you pay for something via CC, they can just reverse the charge. They keep asking for a postal tracking number and a physical check that they’re told is coming.

It makes no sense. Feel bad.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I was following. $1000 a ticket I think.

The fact that these people don’t realize they are getting scammed still is wild.

If you pay for something via CC, they can just reverse the charge. They keep asking for a postal tracking number and a physical check that they’re told is coming.

It makes no sense. Feel bad.
The email responses some people are getting are crazy. The main contact said he is in a different state until January so he can’t help. The are waiting for “a CPA to cut checks and provide tracking numbers” All of the title have “Pro Bono” in them

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I mean at a certain point this is fraud right?
I thought it was interesting that all payments flowed through Adam to that company. Did he get spoofed or is he in on it? Is he liable for the fraud?

There are fake accounts in the thread obviously from the company claiming it’s not a scam and that they got the refund.

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
It was a charity fundraiser, and a cool idea. Does feel like a crazy scam based on the delays and changing stories.

I bought two sets of two with the intention of helping Team Jack and having fun. Based on the bogus info I’ve gotten, I’m providing info to the state Attorney General.

Being told at 6pm on a Friday that the crap hit the fan is really a poor way to have things go down - especially if you are bringing family from 7 hours away.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
It was a charity fundraiser, and a cool idea. Does feel like a crazy scam based on the delays and changing stories.

I bought two sets of two with the intention of helping Team Jack and having fun. Based on the bogus info I’ve gotten, I’m providing info to the state Attorney General.

Being told at 6pm on a Friday that the crap hit the fan is really a poor way to have things go down - especially if you are bringing family from 7 hours away.

That sucks man. I missed the original story so have no clue about everything. Stiffed on game tickets too?

Also, they set it up as a fundraiser for Team Jack? Feel like something like that could add to their potential future trouble.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That sucks man. I missed the original story so have no clue about everything. Stiffed on game tickets too?

Also, they set it up as a fundraiser for Team Jack? Feel like something like that could add to their potential future trouble.
I actually thought it was Sam Foltz Foundation. The Sam Foltz family was allegedly at the Minnesota tailgate.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
I was there and the sign had many foundations on it. Was told everything was going to support multiple. Jack, foltz, neb greats, etc….
Clearly they got a lot more than fans did for their “donation” at this point.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds