Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Adam Carriker scammin? / hunger games grocery store / where do the poors shop Thread (1 Viewer)

trueluk

Bench Warmer
This?

The links to purchase still work, too. Ex. https://buy.stripe.com/fZe041cxrcPn2Os7sK Though it is peculiar that the page doesn't list who is receiving payment.

I'll reiterate what I wrote in the other thread. Adam probably gave webhost/website access to NFLUENCE so they could post on his site. He runs a Wordpress site, so I imagine Adam just gave NFLUENCE an admin account (they could have asked for that, too, knowing their own intentions). With that admin account they can post to his site and handle everything for Adam so he didn't need to be involved at all. However, in giving them that access they would be able to make an email account for his domain (EDIT: I see on that archived page they were using gameday@adamcarriker.com) and use that to communicate with people, giving others the impression that Adam was involved with every step of it.

EDIT: Seeing that they made the email account gameday@adamcarriker.com and even posted it to Adam's site makes one question Adam's explanation even more. Adam explained: "I was shocked to discover that, without my authorization, Nfluence obtained complete access to my website and had been sending numerous emails concerning the Husker GameDay Experience through an email account that Nfluence created in my name without my knowledge or consent."

It'd be nice to give Adam some benefit of doubt here that he gave NFLUENCE access and just got duped by someone he thought was his friend. But then for him to come out and lie that he didn't give them access in order to protect himself is some complete bullshit.

Last edited:

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
The links to purchase still work, too. Ex. https://buy.stripe.com/fZe041cxrcPn2Os7sK Though it is peculiar that the page doesn't list who is receiving payment.

I'll reiterate what I wrote in the other thread. Adam probably gave webhost/website access to NFLUENCE so they could post on his site. He runs a Wordpress site, so I imagine Adam just gave NFLUENCE an admin account (they could have asked for that, too, knowing their own intentions). With that admin account they can post to his site and handle everything for Adam so he didn't need to be involved at all. However, in giving them that access they would be able to make an email account for his domain (EDIT: I see on that archived page they were using gameday@adamcarriker.com) and use that to communicate with people, giving others the impression that Adam was involved with every step of it.

EDIT: Seeing that they made the email account gameday@adamcarriker.com and even posted it to Adam's site makes one question Adam's explanation even more. Adam explained: "I was shocked to discover that, without my authorization, Nfluence obtained complete access to my website and had been sending numerous emails concerning the Husker GameDay Experience through an email account that Nfluence created in my name without my knowledge or consent."

It'd be nice to give Adam some benefit of doubt here that he gave NFLUENCE access and just got duped by someone he thought was his friend. But then for him to come out and lie that he didn't give them access in order to protect himself is some complete bullshit.
I mean, there’s a video of Adam hawking this package, on the archived web page of his website from 7/14/22. So no benefit of doubt is warranted whatsoever

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
That’s the one I need to find.

Here is an email that was posted on TOS. I know there is a web archive link on that site that pulls up all the info. Looking for it now.

Mon, Jul 25 at 4:37 PM

Hi XXXX

Thank you for supporting our Nebraska Game Day Experience. You will receive a confirmation email for your game.

You will receive the special perks (YETI Cooler from Dick’s Sporting Goods, A Nebraska Star Beef bundle, and a Hy-Vee $250 gift card) for your $1,000, along with your suite tickets and the regular perks.

And…besides yours truly…who is your favorite Husker?

Adam Carriker
Host Of The Carriker Chronicles & Carriker Live
Nebraska Football Hall of Fame Class of 2016
Motivational Speaker

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

I 100% believe that is what happened. Not saying Adam didn't know it wasn't there, but I believe nFluence took on a lot of things and did so without his knowledge.

I do website dev, and a lot of existing site updates, migrations, and development. You'd be amazed the level of access everyone gives, it does make it easier to do what I need. But, I'll log into servers or sites and see several, if not dozens of admin user access setup and never removed. Most of this access is given blindly without contracts or oversight.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

My understanding was that one of the dudes helping with the event and connecting Adam was also his web designer which would lead me to believe he could've made the email without Carriker's knowledge. Probably wrong as all this info is resembling a game of telephone.

Either way, the whole thing looks like a giant clusterfuck and is pretty fascinating to watch unfold. Obviously, I feel bad for everyone who is out money.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Here is an email that was posted on TOS. I know there is a web archive link on that site that pulls up all the info. Looking for it now.

Mon, Jul 25 at 4:37 PM

Hi XXXX

Thank you for supporting our Nebraska Game Day Experience. You will receive a confirmation email for your game.

You will receive the special perks (YETI Cooler from Dick’s Sporting Goods, A Nebraska Star Beef bundle, and a Hy-Vee $250 gift card) for your $1,000, along with your suite tickets and the regular perks.

And…besides yours truly…who is your favorite Husker?

Adam Carriker
Host Of The Carriker Chronicles & Carriker Live
Nebraska Football Hall of Fame Class of 2016
Motivational Speaker
Thank you.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The Nebraska Attorney General’s Office has filed a complaint against Nfluence, accusing the group of taking advantage of Nebraskans last year.

Its complaint says “The Nebraska Game Day Experience” sold by Nfluence promised fans would be able to watch football games in a luxury suite at Memorial Stadium, with former players.

The group also reportedly told customers some of the proceeds would benefit nonprofits tied to former Nebraska football players.

People paid at least $1,000 to receive all of these additional perks, according to the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office.

But it says people didn’t get their suite tickets, and money never went to charity.

The complaint goes on to accuse Nfluence of abusing the public’s trust, while engaging in unfair and deceptive trade practices.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The Nebraska Attorney General’s Office has filed a complaint against Nfluence, accusing the group of taking advantage of Nebraskans last year.

Its complaint says “The Nebraska Game Day Experience” sold by Nfluence promised fans would be able to watch football games in a luxury suite at Memorial Stadium, with former players.

The group also reportedly told customers some of the proceeds would benefit nonprofits tied to former Nebraska football players.

People paid at least $1,000 to receive all of these additional perks, according to the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office.

But it says people didn’t get their suite tickets, and money never went to charity.

The complaint goes on to accuse Nfluence of abusing the public’s trust, while engaging in unfair and deceptive trade practices.
Get they asses!

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member

@BBTown Bomber was always inquiring about this. He was fired up.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Does anyone know the McCants guy who is the alleged ring leader of the scam? I had to laugh at the complaint filed by the AG's office. It stated he used the money to pay for tickets to Disneyworld and a Hawaiian Vacation.

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
Does anyone know the McCants guy who is the alleged ring leader of the scam? I had to laugh at the complaint filed by the AG's office. It stated he used the money to pay for tickets to Disneyworld and a Hawaiian Vacation.
Keithen?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds