Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (2 Viewers)

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
For those who don't know, TSMC is the main chip maker for Apple, Nvidia, AMD, and others...

Seems like a short term issue...

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
This Is Fine GIF

Those inflation #'s, tho ...

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
This Is Fine GIF

Those inflation #'s, tho ...
I think any projection being under 3% by EOY(the consensus about an hour ago) is pretty much gone now. We may see some seasonality get us close in Oct/Nov possibly, but yeah...pretty much gonna be above 3% until maybe April/May 25? Implications on cuts? No cuts? Lol.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I think any projection being under 3% by EOY(the consensus about an hour ago) is pretty much gone now. We may see some seasonality get us close in Oct/Nov possibly, but yeah...pretty much gonna be above 3% until maybe April/May 25? Implications on cuts? No cuts? Lol.
I mean.... has anybody seen a reason to cut rates?

It feels like if they cut rates this year, they will lose their grip on inflation.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
I mean.... has anybody seen a reason to cut rates?

It feels like if they cut rates this year, they will lose their grip on inflation.
Well, I mean, there are lots and lots of reasons to cut given financials and spreads, lol. Given that wages/employment/growth seem to be working against them...it's probably just slog city for the rest of the year. I'm not sure a quarter or half a point cut would have a sizeable impact on inflation, given that most of the inflation now is indemnity and cost inflation sectors who have embedded lag costs. No credit/liquidity issues, no need for cuts though...so yeah, who knows.

Reactions: Toe

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds