Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

@RedSavage Housing construction never really went back to normal levels after late 00s crash. Now we've got a generation that's finally in a financial position where buying a house is feasible (about a decade late), but construction of new housing units is so far behind that there's probably no real chance of it catching up. Welcome to the new normal.
Yep. We are nowhere close to where we need to be on new housing starts to meet demand. Covid has not done us any favors either.
Even after rates go up it will take a bit for inventory to catch up.
Even then, it will take years to even get close to where we need to be, IMO.

Pissed at myself. Was looking at some SPY puts, watching 415 strike for Friday, big open interest, saw some activity on the twitterverse, especially a key level break...broke level, didn't buy. Could have got in at .6 was up to 1.9 a contract.

RIP stonks

752.jpg

And may I ask why the fuck the real estate fund I own is down so much when home prices are soaring? 😡

talking about the real estate market bruh

didn't drop at all in 2020, total opposite

Housing Market hasn't had a drop since 09, longest period in US history without a drop.

Bubble city
My bad, I read "Market hasn't dropped.." and didn't read the message prior. Is that true though? Outside of 2008-2012, when was the last time aggregate home prices went negative? 1990? The 70s? I feel like there had to have been a way longer run than the last. Either way, yeah...home prices are shitty.

Last edited:
Really would like to upgrade our housing situation as well. Especially moving closer to one of the private golf courses in Lincoln.

But I'm going to hold some down payment cash and hope this market has a blip at some point and some of these people in big mortgages don't make it. Feels like a really bad time to buy right now.

My bad, I read "Market hasn't dropped.." and didn't read the message prior. Is that true though? Outside of 2008-2012, when was the last time aggregate home prices went negative? 1990? The 70s? I feel like there had to have been a way longer run than the last. Either way, yeah...home prices are shitty.

Here is the bubble as of June 2021 and it’s only gone basically straight up since then.

IMG_7830.jpg

holdon-toyourbutts.gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back