Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (11 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I just buy whatever Jim Cramer says I should.
He had a segment the other day about his go list.... That basket returned something like 30% and then Dow did 18%. He is a smart guy. When he was breaking down the charts of the 10 year my mind was blowing. I need to become better at technical analysis. I base a lot of my buys off of fundamentals and the company itself. I think if I was better at the technical side I would get a better entry point.

I follow him, Motley Fool and a few other areas for stock ideas.

Some of my best returners are....
  • Regi - cost basis of about 24/share - Really like this company, but is a volatile holding that has some technical corrections. So, I would wait for a day it pulls back. I really like the fundamentals here.
  • GRWG - 15/share (pick and pan strategy on pot)
  • F - 4/share
  • TQQQ-42/share (biggest winner here)
  • NVDA
  • TXRH
  • WAL
  • ALK
  • RCL
  • AAPL

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
The anti sales squad putting the handcuffs on you.....

Advisor in a sales role or strictly asset management?
No sales, it involves managing client accounts for FA’s who don’t have the time/capability to manage them themselves when it comes to rebalancing, etc. Since we are actually trading on the end client accounts that’s where compliance has to make sure their ducks are in a row.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
No sales, it involves managing client accounts for FA’s who don’t have the time/capability to manage them themselves when it comes to rebalancing, etc. Since we are actually trading on the end client accounts that’s where compliance has to make sure their ducks are in a row.
I got you. I am on the sales side and use third party managers unless it is a start up account. Then I'll just do A shares, but don't do a ton of those a year. Mainly family, friends or referrals.

They have access to my brokerage accounts, but I can manage it pretty much however.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I usually buy whatever @LoudHogRider tells me to, but then take profits way too early and miss out on 15x returns. Then I complain about how stupid this current market is.
I owned 400 shares of NVDA at $29 and sold it at $48. I still feel sick to my stomach thinking about that.
Gather round, children, while Uncle LHR shares some stories of trades gone wrong ...

I'm not crying; yore crying!

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
So do you short it now?
Not sure if that is even possible at the moment, before today it had 140% short interest, not sure how much got covered today but I doubt there are many shares out there for the brokerages to lend, if they are even willing. Whole thing will be interesting to see how it plays out with WSB, they are on a total mission to fuck market makers and institutional finance in the ass, rightfully so IMO. Might be worth selling way OTM puts and pray it doesn't completely crash, but I'm staying far away personally.

I'd keep an eye on SPCE (Virgin Galactic) it is the second most shorted stock in the market at the moment behind GME at around ~80% short interest, could very well be the next target for the autists at WSB. I got a decent position that I bought during the dip in March in my Roth which I plan on holding for the next 40 years or so, I think space tourism will end up being huge, especially when scalability is reached.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I'd keep an eye on SPCE (Virgin Galactic) it is the second most shorted stock in the market at the moment behind GME at around ~80% short interest, could very well be the next target for the autists at WSB. I got a decent position that I bought during the dip in March in my Roth which I plan on holding for the next 40 years or so, I think space tourism will end up being huge, especially when scalability is reached.
I had a client bring that up to me back then. I want to say it was trading around 16 ish at the time.... I frankly think you are right. It is hot right now

Not sure if that is even possible at the moment, before today it had 140% short interest, not sure how much got covered today but I doubt there are many shares out there for the brokerages to lend, if they are even willing. Whole thing will be interesting to see how it plays out with WSB, they are on a total mission to fuck market makers and institutional finance in the ass, rightfully so IMO. Might be worth selling way OTM puts and pray it doesn't completely crash, but I'm staying far away personally.
Ya I am staying away. I have a feeling if I do anything with it I will end up losing some money on it.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

They’ve meme’d SPCE up once, and I actually did quite well with some LEAPS on the way. It could happen again.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds