Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (3 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Open price was $27.35 on those, or $2,735 per contract. Not sure when he got them, but assuming he got them at $2,735, he ponied up $136,750.

Closing trade on those was $65.80, or $329,000 for his lot. Now with the after hours price action, this will go a lot higher tomorrow. Assuming it opens around $200, his lot will easily be worth over $500,000. Volatility will go up, so would not be shocked if it was $700,000 or so.
Holy fuck

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I'm sure others can explain this better, but.....

1. Game stop is in a short squeeze. It is common to short a company you think is going down. When a company gets run up and has a large amount of people shorting it the shorts will try to cover. By doing this they have to buy shares at the current price. Driving the price through the roof.

2. My post is about somebody who bought 50 call option contracts on game stop. Call options allows you to buy a stock at a given price ($115) by a given date. Each contract is worth 100 shares. Gme is trading $209 after market. So you made stupid money on this

Thanks for your help Sean. I'll look for a trading glossary so that I can parse it.

I keep reading about Tesla and the short's, and it continuing to rise in value.

I get the gamestop shorts, since their business model doesn't make sense to me. They don't produce anything, or as far as I can tell, have an upside in the internet world.

I don't get the Tesla shorts as much. They are building cars, growing, and increasing their production capacity with what I expect to be higher demand for their products.

At any rate, I'm risk averse and relatively poor, so I'll be happy to just learn about these things. Thanks for the short tutorial.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Thanks for your help Sean. I'll look for a trading glossary so that I can parse it.

I keep reading about Tesla and the short's, and it continuing to rise in value.

I get the gamestop shorts, since their business model doesn't make sense to me. They don't produce anything, or as far as I can tell, have an upside in the internet world.

I don't get the Tesla shorts as much. They are building cars, growing, and increasing their production capacity with what I expect to be higher demand for their products.

At any rate, I'm risk averse and relatively poor, so I'll be happy to just learn about these things. Thanks for the short tutorial.
Tsla is worth 840 billion

Ford is 43 billion
GM is 74 billion

Target 94 billion
Walmart 440 billion

A lot of traditional/fundamental investors look at that and can't understand it. It trades at 1,800 P/E ratio.... It trades at a time sales rate what the P/E should be.

Just when you look at the fundamentals to value a company it doesn't make sense. Musk just has a following and a vision.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm sure others can explain this better, but.....

1. Game stop is in a short squeeze. It is common to short a company you think is going down. When a company gets run up and has a large amount of people shorting it the shorts will try to cover. By doing this they have to buy shares at the current price. Driving the price through the roof.

2. My post is about somebody who bought 50 call option contracts on game stop. Call options allows you to buy a stock at a given price ($115) by a given date. Each contract is worth 100 shares. Gme is trading $209 after market. So you made stupid money on this
What was the premium though. Couldn't find it in the ss.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Open price was $27.35 on those, or $2,735 per contract. Not sure when he got them, but assuming he got them at $2,735, he ponied up $136,750.

Closing trade on those was $65.80, or $329,000 for his lot. Now with the after hours price action, this will go a lot higher tomorrow. Assuming it opens around $200, his lot will easily be worth over $500,000. Volatility will go up, so would not be shocked if it was $700,000 or so.
It has to crash at some point. Wonder where he put his stop in.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Could, but from my understanding the bull thesis with GME and the Chewy founder joining is a lot stronger than anything with AMC.
I think the longterm outlook is much better for AMC than GME.

Both could easily go bankrupt, though.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I was too scared to get into GME, I didn't think it would go this high. I figured they would drive the price up to $50-$60 and then it would crash. It has to be a ticking time bomb.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
The suits are losing their asses on GameStop. At some point they will need to cover. They will take huge losses. Why is it so hard to understand what WSB is doing?
I don't think people are confused at what WSB folks are doing...it's pretty clear...

Remember, WSB folks have to exit their trades also...

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think people are confused at what WSB folks are doing...it's pretty clear...

Remember, WSB folks have to exit their trades also...

Yeah but they are on the winning side. Price only goes down when they sell to the short sellers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds