Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (7 Viewers)

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
View attachment 22283

I know it's 4/20 but god damn, Cathie. Put down the pipe
She's getting better...and it's making Wall Street nervous!

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
She's getting better...and it's making Wall Street nervous!

And other's are calling for a $TSLA share price of $28. Somebody is going to be horribly wrong ... and wonderfully right.

Toe

Wide Receiver
I mean how does Tesla get there? That is 2x Apples market cap.

I mean they're already at about the same market cap as Toyota, GM, Volkswagen, Ford, Honda, Mercedes, and BMW combined. The current price only makes sense if you expect Tesla to pretty much completely wipe out the existing global automotive industry. When you're already that far out into complete irrationality, what's a few trillion more? 🤷‍♂️

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I mean they're already at about the same market cap as Toyota, GM, Volkswagen, Ford, Honda, Mercedes, and BMW combined. The current price only makes sense if you expect Tesla to pretty much completely wipe out the existing global automotive industry. When you're already that far out into complete irrationality, what's a few trillion more? 🤷‍♂️
It blows my fucking mind... Like you might be able to convince me if it was all the shit he was working on. SpaceX, Twitter, Tesla, etc... but we are just talking about Tesla.

Trillion is thrown around it almost makes people numb to what it actually is...

1 Thousand seconds is 16 mins 40 seconds
1 Million seconds is 11 Days
1 Billion seconds is 31 years
1 Trillion seconds is 31,688 years
5 trillion seconds is 158,549 years

Last edited:
Reactions: Toe

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
@Faux Sean Callahan Meanwhile, Tesla's revenue barely cracks the top 20 auto makers globally, behind such well-known companies as Geely, GAC Group, BAIC Group, Dongfeng, FAW Group, and SAIC.

So Tesla currently trades at 6 time sales... TTM

To get to a 5T market cap it would need to sell 833B per year in sales or the top 4 on that list combined.

FYI Industry standard (auto manufacturing) is to trade at 0.3 times sales. So if they use that they would need to be doing 16T. They did 81B last year (or 53b compared to your website).

Fucking dumb... How does she get this much attention?

Last edited:

Toe

Wide Receiver
I mean by some predictions from last year, we were supposed to be pretty deep in a recession by now. I think we've probably at least avoided a worst case scenario. Not saying we couldn't still have a recession, but things definitely could be looking worse.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
I mean by some predictions from last year, we were supposed to be pretty deep in a recession by now. I think we've probably at least avoided a worst case scenario. Not saying we couldn't still have a recession, but things definitely could be looking worse.
The "recession is coming" has been going strong since late 2021...but it does look like Q3/4 might be pretty rough. Just looking at credit and loan churn, rate expectations, and base sentiment...looks like that might do it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds