Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (11 Viewers)

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Federal Reserve Bitcoin Meme GIF

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
The ol pump and dump?
If I had to guess... the markets about to rip like a community college student at a house party just chimping out, for the next 9 months. Then the hangover will hit.

If they really do pause hikes due to this bank fiasco, then there really must be something systemically concerning. If that's the case we're probably fucked. They seemed to have inflation tamed to a point where there really could have been a soft landing (some stagflation) but if poor decision making by the banks leads to an unplanned pause, I bet inflation comes back. Imo it was originally caused by equalish parts QE, supply chain issues, and natural greed. The first two are basically gone, if markets keep pumping and jobs reports stay hot, companies won't lower prices even if they can. Shit will hit the fan eventually.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
The depositors taking any losses would have been a complete disaster and created bank runs across the country. What would you have proposed they do?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's interesting - and a little weird - to me that crypto suddenly turned into the "safe haven" of choice for some over the weekend.

Gonna be a fun couple of weeks to see how this all shakes out.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
The ol pump and dump?
This Friday brings us a quad witching hour... Many a weird things are to come this week.

hocus pocus witch GIF

Max pain (where most option contracts expire useless) level is around SPY 400.. So this week could be very interesting.

400 spy calls are trading at 0.60 right now

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
It's interesting - and a little weird - to me that crypto suddenly turned into the "safe haven" of choice for some over the weekend.

Gonna be a fun couple of weeks to see how this all shakes out.
Yup this is interesting.

Herbie

Quarterback
rates no longer going up and now potentially projected to fall 50-100 basis points will throw fuels on the fire

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds