Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

I get quality advice from golf club professionals and B movie actors. Oddly enough the advice overlaps.
Happy Gilmore Cinema Supremo GIF

Extremely. Why just 4%? Even at that rate, it isn't going to change the environment enough to make an impact on buybacks. Plus, you know that isn't happening with the House, so you've just given the Republicans free ammo on tax raising. Really great stuff.
Should just do away with it... Along with a few other duplicate taxes...

I think he throws it out there as a bargaining chip. Similar to what taking away the step up gets floated.

I've been a "crypto bro" for a while now. Most of it is absolutely useless garbage, but it can make you a ton of money if you don't fall in love with the little shit coins you buy and refuse to sell.

The 4 year cycle is a real thing caused by Bitcoins mining rewards halving. This creates a supply shock bc miners now need to sell for more to remain profitable. At the bottom of the cycle more traders start buying to hold, miners start holding and sell pressure gets eaten up. Then it runs up, gets media hype, dumb money starts buying scams, there's a mania phase, and everything crashes again.

Outside of Bitcoin and Ethereum, most everything else doesn't actually do anything and solves problems that don't need solving, yet. I like to follow crypto because it's relatively predictable and there are good money making opportunities. It currently might not be at the bottom, but it is the time to accumulate. For fun buy $100 of the smallest market cap coins you can find on Coinbase, then delete the app for like 2 1/2 years. Log back in next time crypto is all over the news.

For fun buy $100 of the smallest market cap coins you can find on Coinbase, then delete the app for like 2 1/2 years. Log back in next time crypto is all over the news.

For fun, I mined a little over two bitcoin back in 2012-1013. I went to cash out one bitcoin right at the time that MtGox disolved when those coins went to "whatever happened there." Then, I forgot the password for my wallet for the remaining coins.

I'm out basically zero in cash investment, but still sitting on about 0.95 BTC in the wallet that I can't remember the password to. When is the best time for me to try to figure out the wallet password to make millions?

For fun, I mined a little over two bitcoin back in 2012-1013. I went to cash out one bitcoin right at the time that MtGox disolved when those coins went to "whatever happened there." Then, I forgot the password for my wallet for the remaining coins.

I'm out basically zero in cash investment, but still sitting on about 0.95 BTC in the wallet that I can't remember the password to. When is the best time for me to try to figure out the wallet password to make millions?
Ooof still have the old computer? Maybe there's a .dat file containing your password info.

For fun, I mined a little over two bitcoin back in 2012-1013. I went to cash out one bitcoin right at the time that MtGox disolved when those coins went to "whatever happened there."

Also there was a settlement and mt gox is paying back lost funds. I think the deadline is pushed back until May. Not sure if it's too late to get your lost coins back.

That entire genre of movies has never appealed to me. I have a hard time getting that stuff out of my head, and have simply chosen not to fill my head with it.
lol not mine either. The guy just happens to be from my high school and got big into crypto out in LA.

I “invested” $500 in a combo of BTC, ETH, LTC, and XRP on his advice 3-5 years ago. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and a different buddy here in Omaha explains to me why XRP is going to $50k/share. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

It makes so much sense I’m shocked it wasn’t happening before.

For many it would be thousands out of pocket for installation and all the likely electric work to even make installation possible, that all should be covered as part of the loan if the borrower applies for it.

Lenders do tons of shit like this all the time for housing.

It makes so much sense I’m shocked it wasn’t happening before.

For many it would be thousands out of pocket for installation and all the likely electric work to even make installation possible, that all should be covered as part of the loan if the borrower applies for it.

Lenders do tons of shit like this all the time for housing.

It's actually a huge impediment for widespread adoption. I don't have a single 220V outlet in my house, and I'm not sure I've got enough capacity left in my switch panel to pull from to even run one out to the garage.

Putting a full solar array on the property and using a "Tesla Wall" battery storage unit (or two) as the solution is currently prohibited by covenant in our neighborhood, so I'd likely be paying OPPD to run a new line from the power box a few houses down to my property. I'm sure the neighbors would be thrilled about them trenching through their property/sprinkler system lines, etc.

Regardless, any of those solutions would be an extra expense associated with an EV. Good thinking on BofA's part to "puff" the loan amount to include that, if needed.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back