Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Yeah, looks like LF did go down. I'm not sure that means anything, but it does look like LF% did drop .1% too.
So what am I missing number of people working effectively stayed the same but number of jobs went up?

Certain segment of people that don't count towards labor force like retired people? Way they calculate it is funky?

I can only speak to the tech market, but have pretty good insight on that from our comp consultant that hiring is still as insanely competitive as it's always been for the past 1.5 years or so.
Yeah locally there doesn't seem to be any change. If you can't find a job you aren't looking or you're too picky.

So what am I missing number of people working effectively stayed the same but number of jobs went up?

Certain segment of people that don't count towards labor force like retired people? Way they calculate it is funky?
Total employed/employment still went up...changes to LF would impact unemployment rates(LF is the denominator). Retired folks, students (hint hint), insane brains and broke folks...they all impact eligibility in LF. I'm not really sure why we are looking at month over month changes in LF though...it doesn't provide any real insight and is subject to churn and seasonality.

Total employed/employment still went up...changes to LF would impact unemployment rates(LF is the denominator). Retired folks, students (hint hint), insane brains and broke folks...they all impact eligibility in LF. I'm not really sure why we are looking at month over month changes in LF though...it doesn't provide any real insight and is subject to churn and seasonality.
Ok. Labor force is effectively the total available to work including the unemployed. I was equating it with people employed. That's what I was missing.

The ups and downs in the labor force are just # of people wanting to work. Students going back to school, people retiring, etc reduces labor force.

As you said the tweet is poorly worded and it's really not a strange combination.

Yeah locally there doesn't seem to be any change. If you can't find a job you aren't looking or you're too picky.

Spot on statement.

We (employers that are hiring) have been fighting for employees for 2 years now.

Our McDonalds is even advertising on their bags that they are hiring full time and part time positions and offering sign on bonuses, loan repayments and other benefits.

PS: don’t ask me how I know about the McDonalds bags… but the McGriddle and bacon egg & cheese was delicious.

Spot on statement.

We (employers that are hiring) have been fighting for employees for 2 years now.

Our McDonalds is even advertising on their bags that they are hiring full time and part time positions and offering sign on bonuses, loan repayments and other benefits.

PS: don’t ask me how I know about the McDonalds bags… but the McGriddle and bacon egg & cheese was delicious.
The Sausage Egg McMuffin is fine dining...

Had that this morning and coffee....

2 hours later

poop GIF

Bloomberg: A Soft Landing in the Economy is Starting to Look More Likely

If we’ve learned anything the past couple of years, it’s that the old economic playbooks are no help for what is happening now. Nobody has any experience with the aftermath of an economy that stops on a dime, jettisons some 17 million from the workforce over two weeks and contracts 31% only to rebound just as quickly on the back of free-money government programs that injected trillions of dollars directly into the pockets of consumers to go along with ultra-easy monetary policy. As such, anyone who expects the economy to follow the usual boom-bust patterns is going to be disappointed. It’s plausible that the old economic models are irrelevant, and we need to find something entirely new to guide us through what is happening.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back