Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
33826356-271C-4106-A1A7-9F56524664CB.png

That seems unrealistic. What does "this year" mean? Next March/April when inflation was like 8% in March/April 2022?
I don't know how they do that without killing demand.

This administration seems to have zero interest in helping supply side in their economic theory.

What type of supply side policies do you think would they should target?
Incentivize big oil to open it. But that won't happen. Release oil from the strategic reserve is a joke and is going to prolong the problem, because it's going to have to be replenished.

Incentivize big oil to open it. But that won't happen. Release oil from the strategic reserve is a joke and is going to prolong the problem, because it's going to have to be replenished.
Yeah, I think the only thing that is going to give you more production is probably some significant guarantees and shared subsidies. After 2018 and 2020, I just don't see domestic production blowing up anytime soon(double digit growth).

Don't be hostile and threaten to pull leases at the drop of a hat would be a start
I don't know the impact this has on actual production numbers, but if I had to guess...it's probably little to no impact.

Yeah, I think the only thing that is going to give you more production is probably some significant guarantees and shared subsidies. After 2018 and 2020, I just don't see domestic production blowing up anytime soon(double digit growth).

I don't know the impact this has on actual production numbers, but if I had to guess...it's probably little to no impact.
Big oil isn't going to do shit in terms of expanding production right now, despite demand telling them to do exactly that, because of the uncertainty. Some guarantees would go a long way IMO.

Sure, so subsidies to energy/oil companies? Or what?
You would need to encourage oil companies to produce more, but comments like this.....

didn't make him any friends among oil companies.

How do you get them to produce more?
  • Don't make it your mission to take them out.
  • Provide stability in the marketplace.
  • Have a pro domestic energy policy.

Bottomline we needed to be encouraging a plan for more production the second it looked like we were opening up post covid. We obviously didn't in oil and we are paying for it now.

Those two statements seem contradictive to me.
I don't think they are. The guarantees I think I'm talking about is really around price support/shared risk...while the second is discussing future capacity.

Pulling future leases will obviously reduce the rate of production growth...but given capacity and utilization rates currently, new land leases aren't providing any new production.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back