Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

You would need to encourage oil companies to produce more, but comments like this.....

didn't make him any friends among oil companies.

How do you get them to produce more?
  • Don't make it your mission to take them out.
  • Provide stability in the marketplace.
  • Have a pro domestic energy policy.

Bottomline we needed to be encouraging a plan for more production the second it looked like we were opening up post covid. We obviously didn't in oil and we are paying for it now.

Yeah, Biden and the Dems haven't been friendly and you can argue it has hurt their ability/credibility in asking for more production...but I don't know the impact it's actually made on production. I'm not sure it has had a big impact at all.

Reactions: Toe
Yeah, Biden and the Dems haven't been friendly and you can argue it has hurt their ability/credibility in asking for more production...but I don't know the impact it's actually made on production. I'm not sure it has had a big impact at all.
Yeah that is why it was a portion of my post. I don't know how much words have hurt because you can't quantify it. If I had to guess it probably didn't hurt much/at all, but it didn't buy him any favors which is hard to quantify any impact there.

Where I think Biden failed was in the lack of foresight that we needed to be ramping up production around the day he took office and his role in the Ukraine/Russia war.

Yeah that is why it was a portion of my post. I don't know how much words have hurt because you can't quantify it. If I had to guess it probably didn't hurt much/at all, but it didn't buy him any favors which is hard to quantify any impact there.

Where I think Biden failed was in the lack of foresight that we needed to be ramping up production around the day he took office and his role in the Ukraine/Russia war.
Yeah, I think that's fair. No argument from me on that.

Live look at @BingoDingo just replying with: “don’t matter, no impact at all” after like 10+ posts from various posters giving him multiple examples.
141246e85d0050805b3b3a5019f2634c0fb2b14d.gifv

Gotta respect it

Live look at @BingoDingo just replying with: “don’t matter, no impact at all” after like 10+ posts from various posters giving him multiple examples.
141246e85d0050805b3b3a5019f2634c0fb2b14d.gifv

Gotta respect it
I'm just glad we were able to have a mature, civil conversation (in which all of us came away pretty much in agreement) before you were able to come and join the conversation!

I don't think they are. The guarantees I think I'm talking about is really around price support/shared risk...while the second is discussing future capacity.

Pulling future leases will obviously reduce the rate of production growth...but given capacity and utilization rates currently, new land leases aren't providing any new production.
Fuck you you dirty bitch!

JK.

Yeah I didn't mean the leases specifically. Just being hostile with leases as an example.

Interesting look at the rise of mega-ships, and how they've contributed to global supply chain issues:

Great article, I read it a few days ago when a bunch of shipping and infrastructure accounts I follow on Twitter were talking about it.

(just realized I might be on the ‘tism spectrum for following so many Twitter accounts about boats and trains and shit)

Twitter jumps now that Musk is saying he will put another 7 billion toward financing the purchase.

This market is fucking nuts...

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back