Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

FQ6XDCnXwAAHAvn

I laughed at the meme I saw where they had a Spirit Halloween sign draped over a building with “CNN+“ on it.

Looked exactly like every spirit Halloween store/pop up I’ve ever seen, which is why it made it so funny.

In all seriousness it’s a shame to see these cable/broadcast giants run by Boomers who have no idea what they are doing re: streaming.

Two good examples of this are NBC with Peacock and CBS dumping tons of money into creating/redesigning/rebranding their streaming service into Paramount+.

They pay tons of money to create streaming services out of thin air, building out websites and apps, cloud space and servers, credit processing info and security, etc etc just shit tons of cost. Especially since these 2 companies had virtually no current in house, so they had to poach middle and upper management positions from existing streaming services.

On top of these massive costs they lost money by pulling their content from all the other services to add into their own streaming service.

Totally antiquated thinking IMO. You should want your brand and IP owned content out there as much as possible on a variety of streaming platforms (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc) so you can stack page view/video play count data to use as ammo when renegotiating for more money or have the other streaming services get in a bidding war for your content.
(Especially since most of your best earning IPs are older and your “cost” to produce or acquire them was long ago)

Pros: virtually no costs and steady revenue flow… but most importantly the increased visibility is almost innumerable.

Every video play with your watermark in the corner of the screen or your brand in the intro/outro is free advertising, especially since most of those views will be from younger Millennials and Generation Z who are not consuming your traditional content/do not have a history with your brand. (and obviously you want to always target younger audiences to build a customer base that is loyal or at minimum identifies your product/brand)

PS: if CBS/Paramounts show Yellowstone was on Netflix or Prime it would have already won so many awards and been a much MUCH bigger hit TV show than it already it. CBS execs are just retarding their own growth because they think they “have” to have their own streaming service. Idiots

PS PS: only slept 3 hours last night and I’m taking a huge coffee/adderall and nervous shit. Today, for the first time in 3 years, I am appearing in Court to represent somebody that’s not 1 of my businesses or a family member. Excited to suit up and run the damn ball again baby.

That has to bea fake statistic, no? There is no way that is true...
When you think about the incredible debt people take on in their 20s, it isn’t far-fetched. Still have big student loans, many buy houses, cars. I don’t find it that hard to believe, but hope it isn’t that bad. But by the time they are 30, a good percentage of Americans haven’t even started saving for retirement.

When you think about the incredible debt people take on in their 20s, it isn’t far-fetched. Still have big student loans, many buy houses, cars. I don’t find it that hard to believe, but hope it isn’t that bad. But by the time they are 30, a good percentage of Americans haven’t even started saving for retirement.
I mean, all that is definitely true...but the average net worth for a 30 year old is definitely not negative. That's pretty far outside of any other source I looked at.

I do have to say that this conversation is really making me feel great about my net worth though...

That has to bea fake statistic, no? There is no way that is true...

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I think @dsbigred1 is probably right.

I mean, all that is definitely true...but the average net worth for a 30 year old is definitely not negative. That's pretty far outside of any other source I looked at.

I do have to say that this conversation is really making me feel great about my net worth though...
1650636023289.png

Here is what I found as of 2019...

How the fuck can you retire with 266k in net worth? That is basically a house, social security and a few bucks in the bank...

View attachment 9148

How the fuck can you retire with 266k in net worth? That is basically a house, social security and a few bucks in the bank...
A LOT of people basically just plan to live off social security in retirement. They don’t really have grand plans for retirement other than not working.

View attachment 9148

Oh yeah, I can totally believe if median net worth was something crazy, but average net worth is way higher... definitely positive.

I did a program internship for the State of AZ back in college dealing with long term healthcare and was utterly shocked at seeing how fucking poor the average elderly person is...and how terrible most of their living conditions are...and how most of their family members don't give a shit. It's so depressing...

Oh yeah, I can totally believe if median net worth was something crazy, but average net worth is way higher... definitely positive.

I did a program internship for the State of AZ back in college dealing with long term healthcare and was utterly shocked at seeing how fucking poor the average elderly person is...and how terrible most of their living conditions are...and how most of their family members don't give a shit. It's so depressing...
Cot dayum sumbitch! Us Olds are poor af. Have to barter toilet paper for my medicines (brand name for Nancy only).

Truthfully though, those olds are living it up getting their STDs from Tom and Jerry out in sun city west, standing in line for Red Robin. There are some areas out here in the west valley that definitely have poors(areas of buckeye south of the 10), Avondale for sure, parts of west PHX.

lookin at those stats make me happy I got the hell out of Colorado where the dollar doesn’t stretch like it does in AZ.

Cot dayum sumbitch! Us Olds are poor af. Have to barter toilet paper for my medicines (brand name for Nancy only).

Truthfully though, those olds are living it up getting their STDs from Tom and Jerry out in sun city west, standing in line for Red Robin. There are some areas out here in the west valley that definitely have poors(areas of buckeye south of the 10), Avondale for sure, parts of west PHX.

lookin at those stats make me happy I got the hell out of Colorado where the dollar doesn’t stretch like it does in AZ.
Oh yeah, the folks down here in Sun Lakes are living fat...just cruising around on the golf carts and eating lunch at 11am on the dot. Think they are selling old people's organs in Mesa still though, so that's sad and all.

Oh yeah, the folks down here in Sun Lakes are living fat...just cruising around on the golf carts and eating lunch at 11am on the dot. Think they are selling old people's organs in Mesa still though, so that's sad and all.
OOHHH YEAH those olds are somethin else. Entitled isn’t even the word, there has to be something else to describe them. Drunkasses on their golf carts at 10am swerving around traffic.

they are pretty much gone now for the summer, but those 6 months are sort of miserable for the community even though businesses thrive. Just give us your money and get out is the mindset lol.

Did some buying lately....

$WAL - One of my biggest winners. Trimmed when it got to 100. Bought back in.
$DE - Added to my position today. Big winner for me.
$AZEK - Started new position.
$YETI - Started new position.
SWKS - Started new position.

Still carrying a lot of cash for me, but DCA back into the market now.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back