Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So what's really wrong at Nebraska? (3 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Midwest schools that aren't able to recruit elite talent.
Minnesota seems to be doing ok with RPO spread.

Do you think Nebraska should be totally different and recruit from a totally different pool offensively and run something like the flex bone?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Midwest schools that aren't able to recruit elite talent.

If you guys think Nebraska ever has (or can) recruit like Ohio St/Bama/UGA are now you will forever be crying on a message board.

Nebraska ain’t ever gonna win anything cuz we have “elite” talent. Good to great talent + a system and culture is the only way Nebraska has ever won and is the only way Nebraska will ever win again.

Recruiting is important but that’s not the reason Callahan/Pelini/Riley/Frost have shit the bed.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If you guys think Nebraska ever has (or can) recruit like Ohio St/Bama/UGA are now you will forever be crying on a message board.

Nebraska ain’t ever gonna win anything cuz we have “elite” talent. Good to great talent + a system and culture is the only way Nebraska has ever won and is the only way Nebraska will ever win again.

Recruiting is important but that’s not the reason Callahan/Pelini/Riley/Frost have shit the bed.
I don't think they will ever recruit like Ohio State/Bama/UGA, never have thought that at all. Frost's scheme needs that talent though to do what he wants. I think his scheme sucks. I think Callahan's scheme sucked. I think Riley's scheme sucked. Bo had a mix with some good talent and a good culture and that's why he did what he did.

Pass happy/West coast doesn't work in the Midwest at schools that don't/can't recruit elite talent.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Minnesota seems to be doing ok with RPO spread.

Do you think Nebraska should be totally different and recruit from a totally different pool offensively and run something like the flex bone?
Minnesota runs the shit out of the ball though. They aren't pass happy/spread like I'm talking about. They hang their hat on running the ball, and hitting crossers and hook routes (whatever they're called) with the occasional deep ball.

I'm fine with the way we've recruited the last 2 or so years, but I think we should run something similar to Cockeye, with option and spread passing concepts built off of the run game.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Minnesota runs the shit out of the ball though. They aren't pass happy/spread like I'm talking about. They hang their hat on running the ball, and hitting crossers and hook routes (whatever they're called) with the occasional deep ball.

I'm fine with the way we've recruited the last 2 or so years, but I think we should run something similar to Cockeyes, with option and spread passing concepts built off of the run game.
I'm in. Fleck to Nebraska

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

I'm fine with the way we've recruited the last 2 or so years, but I think we should run something similar to Cockeyes, with option and spread passing concepts built off of the run game.
True story. I think Minnesota is 70% run and one of the slowest play calling offenses in the nation.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I could see Fleck to USC if they strike out on some guys.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Harsin's work he's done this year makes you hesitant on a guy like Gus Malzahn. Bo Nix looks like an actual competent QB now.
Really wanted Harsin after they fired Riley. Didn’t think Scott was ready. Wish I had been wrong.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
bruh thats like not even close to enough hours for a Power 5 coaching job

they are working 12+ hours a day 7 days a week (or should be)

I mean a Saturday game day alone is a 16+ hour day
“game day alone is a 16+ hour day”

Not if you get to Gate 25 early enough to make Happy Hour…….😎

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Whereas I blame the 308 for turning out "softer" athletes. Back in St. Osborne's day, you could count on Western Nebraska producing a strapping young lad that was already country strong from slinging hay bales around all day. Now they sit in their fancy tractors and watch their equipment spit out big round bales that are moved with hydraulics, not muscles. SMH.
Cozad/Crick is NOT western Nebraska. 😠

(But it’s close)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I blame Dean.
I realize that a lot of programs have similar fish bowls, but do you think the massive amount of media and internet communities that are solely focused on the program are a part of the problem? Whether that’s in overhyping recruits, protecting staffs or attacking staffs

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I realize that a lot of programs have similar fish bowls, but do you think the massive amount of media and internet communities that are solely focused on the program are a part of the problem? Whether that’s in overhyping recruits, protecting staffs or attacking staffs
I don't think it creates a unique pressure. If anything uniquely undermines Nebraska it's the divide between doing it the Nebraska way and accepting that there are lots of ways to win in college football in 2021, but only among the stakeholders in the programs (boosters of substance)

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes- I think it’s a catch 22. It’s great we have such passionate fans. However they can be super unrealistic and when things don’t go our way the first instinct is to fire. IMO you have a few snakes in the media who thrive on this vicious cycle and take advantage of the Nebraska fishbowl.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds