Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Situation developing in Cockeye City (1 Viewer)

Wasatch Husker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Nebraska scored on an electric Gilll/Smith option run a couple couple plays after this
But my dad (farmer who really didn’t follow football) immediately when Fryar dropped that pass said “he dropped Thst on purpose”
My 12 year old brain at the time couldn’t wrap my head around that & argued with him about it
He was right, it was intentional

&it’s just as obvious Nevraska has been tanking mens sports for the last near decade
The way we have lost & never cover the spread is as close to a sure thing in sports as there has been
I was the same age - that game broke my 12 ye old heart. I can’t remember what had happened to Rozier that Smith was called on on the fourth quarter.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Should have 6 nattys. 7 if count FSU loss
Frost would have had a natty if Adrian didn't get hurt in 2018.

Pissing Circle Of Life GIF by Four Rest Films

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I was the same age - that game broke my 12 ye old heart. I can’t remember what had happened to Rozier that Smith was called on on the fourth quarter.
Rozier went out with an ankle early 1st half
Smith played well. Our defense was shit
& I missed 2 days of school after
I should have known Nebraska football would be continuous Charlie Brown moments
I became a fan immediately after seeing Jarvis Redwines 90 yard TD run against OU in 1980 only to see us piss down our legs & lose at the end
Then in 81 start the year with a loss to Cockeye & then be back in the title hunt at the end of the year only to let Clemson (a school nobody heard of) end up beating us for the Naty
82- robbed at Penn St (otherwise Naty)
Then the 83 heartbreak
84 #1 & upset at Syracuse & OU goes on a run for the rest of the decade
I should of known the glory of selling our souls to the devil for mid 90s glory would end in the Hell we are now
So “fuk u Jarvis Redwine” this hell is ur fault

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Cockeye State too

These people are sick

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ion-for-possible-online-gambling/70197218007/

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Rozier went out with an ankle early 1st half
Smith played well. Our defense was shit
& I missed 2 days of school after
I should have known Nebraska football would be continuous Charlie Brown moments
I became a fan immediately after seeing Jarvis Redwines 90 yard TD run against OU in 1980 only to see us piss down our legs & lose at the end
Then in 81 start the year with a loss to Cockeye & then be back in the title hunt at the end of the year only to let Clemson (a school nobody heard of) end up beating us for the Naty
82- robbed at Penn St (otherwise Naty)
Then the 83 heartbreak
84 #1 & upset at Syracuse & OU goes on a run for the rest of the decade
I should of known the glory of selling our souls to the devil for mid 90s glory would end in the Hell we are now
So “fuk u Jarvis Redwine” this hell is ur fault

81 had to play without Turner Gill at QB
82 stolen game at unhappy valley, Even Joe Pa admitted it on a TV interview once.
83 as mentioned. Bad DEF got us behind quick early, then again after the 30 min halftime show.
84 maybe the best DEF ever, save for '71 with Glover or '09 with Suh, but the Scoring Explosion was gone.

doublewing

Running Back
Nebraska scored on an electric Gilll/Smith option run a couple couple plays after this
An interesting factoid for X and O nerds like me is that play was an RPO and I think that TO was one of the first to ever use an RPO.

They called it "Turner Gill Special" and only ran it sparingly during the Gill era. I think Tommie ran it a few times as well. On the Miami version, you can see Gill do a quick look to the WR on the play side. If the corner bites on the option, that's where you go. If the corner retreats with the WR, you run the option as they did here.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Shortly after Cockeye State announced that 15 of the current student-athletes engaged in on-line sports wagering, Cockeye issued their press release which indicated that 26 players from baseball, football, men’s basketball, men’s track and field, and men’s wrestling participating in sports wagering.

May 2: University of Cockeye leadership was notified of potential criminal conduct related to sports wagering that also suggested possible NCAA violations.

The concern here for Cockeye athletics is the use of the phrase “potential criminal conduct”. We don’t know what that might include, but it is certainly a troubling combination of words.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Shortly after Cockeye State announced that 15 of the current student-athletes engaged in on-line sports wagering, Cockeye issued their press release which indicated that 26 players from baseball, football, men’s basketball, men’s track and field, and men’s wrestling participating in sports wagering.

May 2: University of Cockeye leadership was notified of potential criminal conduct related to sports wagering that also suggested possible NCAA violations.

The concern here for Cockeye athletics is the use of the phrase “potential criminal conduct”. We don’t know what that might include, but it is certainly a troubling combination of words.
That's too bad. Hate to see it.
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
First of all, that's hilarious.

Secondly, AI is going to be a problem, isn't it?
The opening of Running Man has Arnold convicted of a crime he didn't commit because they made a deep fake video of him. We're only a few years away from that being possible, if we aren't there already

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Secondly, AI is going to be a problem, isn't it?
Yes, we're looking at another technology that will be as life altering as the internet. Combine AI with some of the amazing things Boston Dynamics is doing with robots and there's a very real chance it could take every single job out there, imo.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds