Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NIL situation (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Conspicuously, Gabe Ervin doesn't have an announced deal.

But Anthony Grant and Ajay Allen were among the first.

So no NIL deals for 1890 since Feb 28th and the team's latest poster boy has no deal. (That we are aware of)

Can any of our insiders ask what's going on with NIL?

@Faux Sean Callahan @HuskerGarrett @kenyanfeline

People in this thread have mentioned that you will need to be a top player to really earn from now on, but that doesn't explain JUCO transfer Kai Wallin having a deal and other guys on the team don't. I imagine that was part of some promises made during his recruitment. Buford got a deal despite being injured. Fidone has a deal having never done anything but get injured. Deals seem to be being handed out for all sorts of reasons including just potential.

Can we get an insider at one of the collectives? That would seem to me to be a treasure trove of interesting information.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
People in this thread have mentioned that you will need to be a top player to really earn from now on, but that doesn't explain JUCO transfer Kai Wallin having a deal and other guys on the team don't.
Obviously I have no idea how this wild west shit works, but it's possible that randos like this Wallin character sign with 1890 in order to use their infrastructure to seek out NIL opportunities, while someone like Ervin who is decently well known may have enough freelance NIL stuff coming his way without 1890 that he doesn't feel the need to sign a contract with them.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds