Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Satterfield (1 Viewer)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a feeling we will be looking back in a few years saying we saw it coming with Satterfield. The guy has a track record of producing subpar offenses and by being paid the top 6 OC or whatever I’m just not seeing the return on investment with what he is doing this year. Time will tell.
I think we can all agree he’s overpaid

Definitely not a million dollar OC

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I have a feeling we will be looking back in a few years saying we saw it coming with Satterfield. The guy has a track record of producing subpar offenses and by being paid the top 6 OC or whatever I’m just not seeing the return on investment with what he is doing this year. Time will tell.
We'll be looking back, saying "what if" we had hired a real OC.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I’ve been fighting you on it but now I realize you have been correct on him. He’s gotta move on
I’m pretty much a major over reactor during and immediately following the games.

I’ll say this…he’s not awful.
I thought he called an alright game in the first half. The play action shots were good. Shit. They ran duo pretty well most of the game.

I get it. You’re dealing with a shit show on offense. And doing your best to move the ball and score a few points.

That said. These are the things that drive me bonkers.

1. This team and OL in particular in my mind….is clearly a better gap scheme than zone. Play to those strengths. They ran Duo pretty well today.

2. Set them up for success. Today was nuts. I don’t know how many times they ran IZ. But it was a lot. And they had 2 free hitters. Every. Fuckikg. Time. We were taking our 5 OL and a TE. 6 guys. And only get 4 blocked. That’s dumb. Not only that. They played an 8 man front defense the whole game with a bear front. Inside Zone sucks vs a bear front. That’s how Bud Foster and Va tech demolished Ohio States offense several years ago when they were just juggernauts.

Finally, they’ve ran power read. Pretty damn well. And I’ve seen it maybe 4 times. Go back to that well.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If someone told me pre-season we'd be 5-3 thru 8 games with Heinrich Haarberg as our starting QB I would've called them a fat fucking retard.
If we knee before the season what injuries we'd have none of us would have predicted more than 2 wins

The fucked up part is that H² is exactly as shitty as we all expected and we still have 5 wins

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm almost all the way over my criticism of Satterfield...and ready to jump fully in on the boat that McGuire and the TE coach need to get their shit together.
Meaning Go On GIF

OmahaHusler

Bench Warmer
I'm almost all the way over my criticism of Satterfield...and ready to jump fully in on the boat that McGuire and the TE coach need to get their shit together.
TE blocking was bad Saturday. Boerkicher in particular struggled. Watching replays, he missed some block that could have been huge plays. Especially Loyd's reverse.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Satt is going to be Rhule's Cosgrove if he doesn't make any changes....
Bored, and watching back through the purdoodoo game. The WR, TE, and H/FB blocking leaves a lot to be desired...whom I kidding...it's a bucket of hot dog water. There were several big plays to be had in the first half that would have blown the doors off of Purdoodoo.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
TE blocking was bad Saturday. Boerkicher in particular struggled. Watching replays, he missed some block that could have been huge plays. Especially Loyd's reverse.
He's been a pretty poor blocker the entire year. Fidone is hit or miss, some good, some awful.

OmahaHusler

Bench Warmer
He's been a pretty poor blocker the entire year. Fidone is hit or miss, some good, some awful.
His playing time is getting smaller and smaller each week. On Loyd reverse if hold block a little longer probably touchdown. I remember couple other plays where the potential for chuck run is there except, he missed his block.
I know OL is not great, but the perception would be better if TE blocked better. Several plays are blocked well by the OL but TE miss the block.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds