Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Satterfield (4 Viewers)

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
He is really hamstrung by the QB position. There were passing plays with wide open guys and decent enough protection and HH throws it into triple coverage.

When the D doesn’t have to give a shit about the passing game, it really limits the running game.

There were plenty of times, though, that I thought we were moving the ball well on the ground and we abandon it. I’m sure he had a reason and was trying to set shit up, but I felt that counter (?) was working great and we just stopped running it. I just wish every run play would not include HH anymore, cause the guy has absolutely not agility at all. If it isn’t a straight line, may as well be a 300lb lineman back there.

Pro_V_DMB

Linebacker
Elite Member
There have been times where the coaching is absolutely hampering the QB play (A Mart). This is a time where the QB play is hampering the coaching.

HH is bad. Satterfield gets a pass this year IMO. Now if the offense is the issue again next year? Bye bye

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
He has asnt great. But between untimely drops, Haarberg missing throws and taking bad sacks, I feel like a lot of his calls were there with competent offensive skill players.
Maybe, but you know, I know, Satt knows, and every opponent knows that we don't have competent OL or skill guys.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d be cool with a new OC. Would rather run it back with a QB worth a shit, though.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Maybe, but you know, I know, Satt knows, and every opponent knows that we don't have competent OL or skill guys.
I really don't think our OL was that bad. HH took a few sacks looking ridiculous sitting back in the pocket.

WRs have to get better, but we are running with 3 true freshman and a walkon, sophomore from Prep. But I also think that a competent QB would help the WRs too - DBs are able to play a lot more aggressive because they don't fear the QB. That being said, Coleman has burned DBs multiple times and guys just grab him as he goes by...

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really don't think our OL was that bad. HH took a few sacks looking ridiculous sitting back in the pocket.

WRs have to get better, but we are running with 3 true freshman and a walkon, sophomore from Prep. But I also think that a competent QB would help the WRs too - DBs are able to play a lot more aggressive because they don't fear the QB. That being said, Coleman has burned DBs multiple times and guys just grab him as he goes by...
For sure. If you don’t have a quality qb in today’s college football you’re fucked. If Rhule makes a bowl he deserves a lot of kudos. Next year we can’t miss on a transfer like we did this year.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member

This.

To me it’s looked like our OLine has steadily improved game over game despite injuries. I’m pretty happy there going into next year.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This.

To me it’s looked like our OLine has steadily improved game over game despite injuries. I’m pretty happy there going into next year.
I agree. I actually really like this team next, minus the QB position. Need to add another decent RB, but E Johnson has impressed me enough for me to believe that he can be RB #1 next year. Young WRs are getting a ton of quality reps. It literally comes down to the QB position.

We desperately need NIL to step up and pull through for a big time portal QB. Kienholz would be my #1 choice....

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I agree. I actually really like this team next, minus the QB position. Need to add another decent RB, but E Johnson has impressed me enough for me to believe that he can be RB #1 next year. Young WRs are getting a ton of quality reps. It literally comes down to the QB position.

We desperately need NIL to step up and pull through for a big time portal QB. Kienholz would be my #1 choice....
EJ is okay. Closer to an average FBS back than an above-average one. We absolutely should be looking for someone better.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member

E Johnson is fine but if that’s your standard for RB then be prepared for 6-6 to 8-4 seasons. We need dudes, especially at the RB position!

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
E Johnson is fine but if that’s your standard for RB then be prepared for 6-6 to 8-4 seasons. We need dudes, especially at the RB position!
8-4 is a bit optimistic if we're settling for guys who are 'just okay'

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
EJ is okay. Closer to an average FBS back than an above-average one. We absolutely should be looking for someone better.

8-4 is a bit optimistic if we're settling for guys who are 'just okay'

He is averaging nearly 5.5 yards per carry - same average as Blake Corrum. But he is on an offense where you have almost no passing threat.

I get it, you guys love to be negative, but EJ has been a bright spot for me. Definitely a young guy that we can build off of.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
He is averaging nearly 5.5 yards per carry - same average as Blake Corrum. But he is on an offense where you have almost no passing threat.

I get it, you guys love to be negative, but EJ has been a bright spot for me. Definitely a young guy that we can build off of.
EJ is 1000 times better than grant.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

He's not bad, just not really a game changer or someone an opponent has to really worry about. Should be aiming a little higher imo.

With ypc like that we should be getting him 20-25 carries a game though.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
He's not bad, just not really a game changer or someone an opponent has to really worry about. Should be aiming a little higher imo.

With ypc like that we should be getting him 20-25 carries a game though.
I agree that I'm not sure that he is a game changer, but he is a solid this year. But he is still only a RS freshman. With an off-season of training of him being THE guy, I really think he could turn into that RB that takes over a game.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't we shouldn't try to identify another RB in the portal, but QB has to be the highest priority. The other skill positions aren't nearly in as bad of shape IMO.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I agree that I'm not sure that he is a game changer, but he is a solid this year. But he is still only a RS freshman. With an off-season of training of him being THE guy, I really think he could turn into that RB that takes over a game.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't we shouldn't try to identify another RB in the portal, but QB has to be the highest priority. The other skill positions aren't nearly in as bad of shape IMO.
Oh yeah, QB better be highest priority.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds