Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Satterfield (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not going to lie, I'm so torn about him. Our QB's and lack of offensive talent really leads us to nothing. Is he making something out of nothing? Do the questionable calls he do help set up the actually good plays?

I. Really. Don't. Know.
The thing that sells me Satterfield will never be good is his shit track record.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Takes a real fucking tater to defend Satt at this point.
You previously admitted to not watching 3/4ths of the game yet here you are bitching about Satt's offense after a 17 point win.

You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Too many times he ran HH up the middle, 2 of those fumbles. That shit just wasn't working today and drove me crazy that he kept calling it. At least when they did pass, they executed some big plays which is what they needed to put some points on the board.

Mixed reviews on Satt today, but we got the W which is what I care about ..

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
You think he called a good game? Like running inside zone constantly into a bear front and 8 man box is smart? Or calling your Qs number after he just got his shit rocked.

Or how about running power read for good yardage and never coming back to it.

Straight trash homie.

I’ve been fighting you on it but now I realize you have been correct on him. He’s gotta move on

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
Satt had a master plan going in the second quarter, running your QB (even a chance) after getting blasted seems absolutely indefensible.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
He’s been underwhelming (obviously) but I don’t think you’ll see him move on.

To me, it seems that:

1. Satt clearly has Rhules full permission to run the offense how he envisions it down the road

and

2. Satt knows he doesn’t have the players to run it how he wants. (Inherited a weak roster, TE playing QB, Sims is worse than anyone could ever imagine).

The reason the offense looks bad is a combination of these two. He calls some plays that we clearly won’t be a successful with with the current roster we have and I think Rhule is very OK with that. We’ve seen improvement and we are by all accounts, exceeding expectations.

In Rhules mind, I would guess that any win after win #3 is just window dressing and he is looking at the remainder of this season with a process oriented mindset instead of an outcome oriented mindset.

Rhule knows that if we have as good of a defense next year and our offense becomes at least average, we’re looking at a 9-10 win season. He’s gonna be patient and if that means the offense looking like shit while getting quality game reps for developing players, he ain’t gonna lose a minute of sleep about it. One of Rhules best character traits that may pay off down the road is that he doesn’t give a shit what it looks like. He cares about 1.) the final score and 2.) getting better.

And guess what? We are currently having our best season in 7 years with arguably our worst roster since the 1960’s.

Quit bitching and enjoy the process.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

To me, it seems that:

1. Satt clearly has Rhules full permission to run the offense how he envisions it down the road

and

2. Satt knows he doesn’t have the players to run it how he wants. (Inherited a weak roster, TE playing QB, Sims is worse than anyone could ever imagine).

The reason the offense looks bad is a combination of these two. He calls some plays that we clearly won’t be a successful with with the current roster we have and I think Rhule is very OK with that. We’ve seen improvement and we are by all accounts, exceeding expectations.

In Rhules mind, I would guess that any win after win #3 is just window dressing and he is looking at the remainder of this season with a process oriented mindset instead of an outcome oriented mindset.

Rhule knows that if we have as good of a defense next year and our offense becomes at least average, we’re looking at a 9-10 win season. He’s gonna be patient and if that means the offense looking like shit while getting quality game reps for developing players, he ain’t gonna lose a minute of sleep about it. One of Rhules best character traits that may pay off down the road is that he doesn’t give a shit what it looks like. He cares about 1.) the final score and 2.) getting better.

And guess what? We are currently having our best season in 7 years with arguably our worst roster since the 1960’s.

Rhule can’t be happy with the way our offense is progressing. We are a sloppy team on offense. The turnovers have to make him want to go homicidal.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

To me, it seems that:

and

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Rhule can’t be happy with the way our offense is progressing. We are a sloppy team on offense. The turnovers have to make him want to go homicidal.
He’s probably not happy with it and he clearly hates turnovers. I’m saying he is likely content with the play calling, which happens to be the virtually only job of the offensive coordinator.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s probably not happy with it and he clearly hates turnovers. I’m saying he is likely content with the play calling, which happens to be the virtually only job of the offensive coordinator.
I have a feeling we will be looking back in a few years saying we saw it coming with Satterfield. The guy has a track record of producing subpar offenses and by being paid the top 6 OC or whatever I’m just not seeing the return on investment with what he is doing this year. I also know he is limited talent wise but this offense is a complete shit show. Time will tell.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds