Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Satterfield is coming back, per Rhule (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
“The answer in life sometimes is always just to change everything, right? Players want to transfer. Everybody wants their head coach to fire everybody. Has that worked out here?" Rhule said. "Where has that worked out, just firing assistant coaches and coaches and coordinators? So we want the whole offense to start over again with a whole new language next year? I'm not doing that. That's ridiculous.”

I'd feel a lot better if he'd followed that with, "having said that, we're starting over next year with an entirely new group of QBs"

it also needs to be mentioned that firing everyone and starting over with all new coaches absolutely worked on the defensive side of the ball
It isn't about firing its about hiring

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nothing Satterfield has done shows me he’s the right OC for the job. Especially given his history/resume.

However, it seems very easy to Monday morning quarterback right now. We’re nearly last in the country in pass attempts. We’re down to two healthy RBs - a RS freshman and another RB who bounces to the outside every play and has a fumbling issue. Our offense is decimated by injuries.

Our WRs struggle catching the ball even when the QB hits them.

Forgive me for being patient in the first year. I’m frustrated and I’ve cursed Satterfield for his some of his play calls while watching. But I also understand it’s year one with a bare cupboard on offense.
True Detective Time GIF

Jack Bauer

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
There is no defense for his last call of the day Saturday. None what so ever. And if Rhule is saying he made that play call then fine. He isn't backing up what he's been preaching about complementary football either. I get that they have been dealt a shit hand like no other this year. Don't keep making it worse when you are in a position to win. I've refrained from posting a lot because that last offensive sequence Saturday has really got me down. It should have never happened the way it did and now all we get are excuses from Rhule. Not making me feel too hopeful to be honest. And not just for the remainder of this aborted season. I'll be quiet now after this.
An average QB makes that easy throw on the money. Our QB play is incredibly bad. The problem is in the execution, not the play call.

Hate on Satt all you want, but IMO it's not fair to judge him with all of this terrible QB play. Next year? Judge away.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
An average QB makes that easy throw on the money. Our QB play is incredibly bad. The problem is in the execution, not the play call.

Hate on Satt all you want, but IMO it's not fair to judge him with all of this terrible QB play. Next year? Judge away.
I am really not liking the lack of situational awareness and the lack of accountability for same. We aren't talking about the whole game, the whole season. I at least am talking about what needed to happen in that instance. I don't really give two shits about "the future" when right then and there what needed to be called was a safe play and a FG kicked. Period end of fucking story. Then if the defense gives up a TD or FG you played to strength of your team not gambled on the most surefire losing bet imaginable. It was just plain the wrong call in that moment of time and the fact that Rhule wants to call it a "great call" makes me sad. Because that means his ego is coming to the forefront.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I am really not liking the lack of situational awareness and the lack of accountability for same. We aren't talking about the whole game, the whole season. I at least am talking about what needed to happen in that instance. I don't really give two shits about "the future" when right then and there what needed to be called was a safe play and a FG kicked. Period end of fucking story. Then if the defense gives up a TD or FG you played to strength of your team not gambled on the most surefire losing bet imaginable. It was just plain the wrong call in that moment of time and the fact that Rhule wants to call it a "great call" makes me sad. Because that means his ego is coming to the forefront.
So you’d rather he trash his OC in a press conference?

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So you’d rather he trash his OC in a press conference?
I'd rather he admit there were better options. He's the one taking the responsibility for the call and saying it was a great call. It wasn't a great call. Nothing can be said that will convince me otherwise. What gives us a better shot to win: A FG and put it on our defense or asking your offense to execute that play with the personnel on the field? There is only one correct answer by a million miles.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I'd rather he admit there were better options. He's the one taking the responsibility for the call and saying it was a great call. It wasn't a great call. Nothing can be said that will convince me otherwise. What gives us a better shot to win: A FG and put it on our defense or asking your offense to execute that play with the personnel on the field? There is only one correct answer by a million miles.
Rhule shouldn’t be honest in his press conferences if it doesn’t help the team. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Rhule shouldn’t be honest in his press conferences if it doesn’t help the team. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Rhule is the one who has chosen to fall on the sword for Scatterfield. I get that. Its cool and all. But we aren't going bowling which is worse for the team than holding him accountable IMHO. I'll wait to see what happens after Cockeye pushes our shit in.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Rhule is the one who has chosen to fall on the sword for Scatterfield. I get that. Its cool and all. But we aren't going bowling which is worse for the team than holding him accountable IMHO. I'll wait to see what happens after Cockeye pushes our shit in.
What makes you think Rhule isn’t holding him accountable? It’s not Rhule’s job to make @Sous Chef feel better.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What makes you think Rhule isn’t holding him accountable? It’s not Rhule’s job to make @Sous Chef feel better.
It's also not your job to decide what any poster can discuss on a message board yet here you are trying to do just that. So in short get off your high horse.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's also not your job to decide what any poster can discuss on a message board yet here you are trying to do just that. So in short get off your high horse.
Thought you said your peace and we’re going to stay silent?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds