Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rouse gone (1 Viewer)

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
This is what happens when your coach has been in the NFL for the last 4 years and has no idea how NIL works.

This was partially the reason I didn't like the Rhule hire.
Dude shut up. Nobody knows how NIL works. It’s all of two years old and nobody is an expert. This team hasn’t been to a bowl game in several years, is way outside of recruiting hotbeds and has other disadvantages as well. It is impossible to build a team by just outbidding everyone. The whole narrative that our NIL collective sucks because we can’t outbid every blue blood for every player we want is old already.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dude shut up. Nobody knows how NIL works. It’s all of two years old and nobody is an expert. This team hasn’t been to a bowl game in several years, is way outside of recruiting hotbeds and has other disadvantages as well. It is impossible to build a team by just outbidding everyone. The whole narrative that our NIL collective sucks because we can’t outbid every blue blood for every player we want is old already.
Pretty sure that's a troll account because every post is sofa king stupid

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My thinking has evolved in the last year when it comes to one year eligibility transfers with a high profile. I thought they were great last year. I’m not against them now, they can fill a need, but I think you have to be careful. Most of the guys don’t care at all about the program they go to. They are trying to quiet specific NFL doubts about something in their game and make as much money as they can in the process. I’m not sure that this will always coincide with what will help the team win either in action or attitude. The guy talked about how great our plan for him was, how nobody had such an interesting approach yet he flipped,

I don’t think we should have countered with more money. That’s just undercutting the culture we’re trying to instill. We’d being paying a huge amount to a guy we couldn’t be sure would do anything but what was best for him personally.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
This is what happens when your coach has been in the NFL for the last 4 years and has no idea how NIL works.

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

This is a straight up tater take from Deab-ville. This is what those fuckin moron posters are writing in every thread over there. It's exhausting.

Let's reword this OP: if a new HC of a 4-8 program cannot immediately beat out superior programs like Oklahoma and Florida to recruits, then he is worthless. Do you know how dumb this sounds?

Rhule coaches a 4-8 program in a cold-weather location. But your baseline level of success for him is that he consistently beats out programs like Oklahoma and Florida for elite recruits. That's a HELL of a high bar to set for a brand new coach of a 4-8 program. It's almost like it's not realistic in any way. "Do I want to go to the University of Florida or to that 4-8 program that was -22 fuckin degrees on my campus visit?" Ooh, that's a tough call!

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Nebraska needs to step up to the plate on NIL. Can’t complain about location if you have a way to make up for it and don’t

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
In fact a lot of Florida people believe their NIL was less than ours.
Just making numbers up here, but let's say Mazzcua was offered $350k and Nebraska offered him $400k. I can easily still see a lot of players picking Florida. "you're gonna make that $$$ up in the NFL anyway" the pitch goes. + you'll win more games. + you'll be surrounded by beautiful Florida girls nonstop. Nebraska: "have you heard of Runza??"

All opposing programs have to do is put up a chart of out last 6 seasons: 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 3-6, 3-9, 4-8. Longest bowl drought in all of P5. And you'll freeze your ass off there for 6 months out of the year.

I'm amazed that Rhule has even got as close as he has vs these superior programs. I don't think folks realize how difficult it is to recruit to a cold weather program 4-8 program. We're gonna have to way over pay market value just to land some of these dudes. And we saw exhibit A of that last year with Ochaun Mathis.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just making numbers up here, but let's say Mazzcua was offered $350k and Nebraska offered him $400k. I can easily still see a lot of players picking Florida. "you're gonna make that $$$ up in the NFL anyway" the pitch goes. + you'll win more games. + you'll be surrounded by beautiful Florida girls nonstop. Nebraska: "have you heard of Runza??"

All opposing programs have to do is put up a chart of out last 6 seasons: 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 3-6, 3-9, 4-8. Longest bowl drought in all of P5. And you'll freeze your ass off there for 6 months out of the year.

I'm amazed that Rhule has even got as close as he has vs these superior programs. I don't think folks realize how difficult it is to recruit to a cold weather program 4-8 program. We're gonna have to way over pay market value just to land some of these dudes. And we saw exhibit A of that last year with Ochaun Mathis.
and in the case of Florida he wouldn't need to pay State Tax on that income. It all adds up

Toe

Wide Receiver
I always actively root against recruits that don’t choose us. I will root against him even harder

IDK if I've ever been THAT salty about a recruit. But I'll always be salty about the way Gebbia left us. Bailing during game week was bad enough. But going to class for one fucking day, and burning a scholarship that could have went to a player who needed it? Fuck that guy. Hope he's enjoyed his nice, injury-filled career since he left.

1e9K1JF.gif

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
FWIW Dean Blevins was on Hail Varsity and said OU’s NIL game sucks. He said Nebraska definitely offered more. He said Rouse clicked with Venerables because he preaches faith openly all the time and OU sends offensive linemen to the league.
I feel like some of that is twisting the knife.

Rhule mentions faith a ton, son of a preacher, etc... I just don't think "he didn't talk about faith enough" is gonna be a legit reason for turning Nebraska down. Just say Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma is good! But recruits always want to sugar coat things.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds