Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule staff (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Looks like TO put in a good word for Mickey. I must have run out of free articles the rest is behind the paywall for me.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
QB/OC: Thomas/Brady
RB: Nixon or Applewhite
WR: Joseph
TE/OT: Randolph
C/G: Garrison

DT: Robinson
DE/DC: Collins
LB: Siravo
CB:
S/ST: Busch

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Cliffs anyone?
Edit: Delete of not allowed

By Sam McKewon - Omaha World Herald​

LINCOLN — Matt Rhule said he crossed an item off his bucket list Saturday morning
“I talked to Coach Osborne,” Nebraska’s new football coach said on ESPN of a conversation with the legendary Husker coach and athletic director.
Osborne said Saturday that the call was “cordial” and relatively brief. Osborne said he expected the call from Rhule after NU Athletic Director Turd Alberts phoned Saturday to tell Osborne Rhule wanted to chat.
“I told Matt I’d help in any way I could,” Osborne said, “but I’m not going to be an interfering influence.”

Osborne had been instrumental in encouraging Rhule’s predecessor, Scott Frost, to become NU’s head coach in 2017. Osborne also supported Frost’s interim replacement, Mickey Joseph, another former Husker quarterback.
“I talked to (Rhule) a little bit about Mickey and the job Mickey’s done in the interim,” Osborne said.
Joseph would be a good addition to any staff, Osborne said when asked if Rhule should try to retain Joseph.

“I would think that would be important, obviously,” Osborne said. “I can’t go any further that. “He’s a good recruiter, he relates well to people and he’s a straight shooter. He doesn’t give you any baloney. He tells you pretty much how it is. I like those qualities in him. It would serve anybody well to have him.”
Osborne praised Alberts for a “thoughtful” search process. Osborne didn’t talk to Alberts much about the coaching search over the last several months, but he received occasional updates, including a sense of who the final six or seven candidates turned out to be.
“I just listened because I’ve never met most of these people,” Osborne said. “I’m old enough now that I’m not in touch with the current generation of coaches.”
Due to some “appointments” that are “pretty important,” Osborne said it’s unlikely he’ll attend Monday’s 1:30 p.m. press conference at the Hawks Championship Center to introduce Rhule. If Osborne’s not there, he said, it’s no reflection on what he thinks of the hire.
“I don’t want to be an outside or interfering presence,” Osborne said. “This is between Matt Rhule, the university, Turd Alberts and the rest of the coaching staff. I’m not part of that. I’m not planning on being there.”
Rhule has done good work in turning around two college programs, Temple and Baylor from struggling teams into double-digit winners.
“He certainly took over Baylor under difficult circumstances,” Osborne said of Rhule, who became Baylor’s head coach in the wake of the sexual assault scandal inside the program.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

LINCOLN — Matt Rhule said he crossed an item off his bucket list Saturday morning
“I talked to Coach Osborne,” Nebraska’s new football coach said on ESPN of a conversation with the legendary Husker coach and athletic director.
Osborne said Saturday that the call was “cordial” and relatively brief. Osborne said he expected the call from Rhule after NU Athletic Director Turd Alberts phoned Saturday to tell Osborne Rhule wanted to chat.
“I told Matt I’d help in any way I could,” Osborne said, “but I’m not going to be an interfering influence.”

Osborne had been instrumental in encouraging Rhule’s predecessor, Scott Frost, to become NU’s head coach in 2017. Osborne also supported Frost’s interim replacement, Mickey Joseph, another former Husker quarterback.
“I talked to (Rhule) a little bit about Mickey and the job Mickey’s done in the interim,” Osborne said.
Joseph would be a good addition to any staff, Osborne said when asked if Rhule should try to retain Joseph.

“I would think that would be important, obviously,” Osborne said. “I can’t go any further that. “He’s a good recruiter, he relates well to people and he’s a straight shooter. He doesn’t give you any baloney. He tells you pretty much how it is. I like those qualities in him. It would serve anybody well to have him.”
Osborne praised Alberts for a “thoughtful” search process. Osborne didn’t talk to Alberts much about the coaching search over the last several months, but he received occasional updates, including a sense of who the final six or seven candidates turned out to be.
“I just listened because I’ve never met most of these people,” Osborne said. “I’m old enough now that I’m not in touch with the current generation of coaches.”
Due to some “appointments” that are “pretty important,” Osborne said it’s unlikely he’ll attend Monday’s 1:30 p.m. press conference at the Hawks Championship Center to introduce Rhule. If Osborne’s not there, he said, it’s no reflection on what he thinks of the hire.
“I don’t want to be an outside or interfering presence,” Osborne said. “This is between Matt Rhule, the university, Turd Alberts and the rest of the coaching staff. I’m not part of that. I’m not planning on being there.”
Rhule has done good work in turning around two college programs, Temple and Baylor from struggling teams into double-digit winners.
“He certainly took over Baylor under difficult circumstances,” Osborne said of Rhule, who became Baylor’s head coach in the wake of the sexual assault scandal inside the program.

OGC.b2e7b480d0f4205b540c5023d2188096

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG

Wow what a conniving fuck head

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

the crusty old fuck continues to be an anchor around the neck of this program

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member

Good grief. Can we get Dr. Tom a home in Sarasota Fl? Is he allergic to conch fritters and grouper?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

@MtnHusker

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member

OGC.b2e7b480d0f4205b540c5023d2188096
“I don’t want to be an outside or interfering presence”

*proceeds to publicly campaign for Rhule to hire mickey*

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
People can hate on my all they want for making this comment, but it'll be a much better day for Nebraska Athletics when old TO passes on...
I hate to say this also, you never wanna see someone pass away but you are 100 percent correct.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds