Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread January (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is what 247 reported on the Harris twins 10 days ago

Four-star LB Andrew Harris focusing on two with decision coming next month​

VIP ByBRANDON HUFFMAN Jan 18, 7:45 PM

HONOLULU -- Altamonte Springs (Fla.) Lake Brantley linebacker Andrew Harris said he's down to two schools.

"I'm focused in on UCF and Maryland," said Harris.

A decision will come at the top of next month.

"My decision will be announced on national signing day (on February 1st)," said Harris.

Harris has previously visited UCF, Maryland and Michigan State for officials and while he has two officials left, he's not planning to take them.

"No more official visits for me, we're pretty much settled on those two," said Harris.

Harris said Florida and Arkansas have made a push late to try and get him to come visit.

"But we pretty much know what we're going to do," said Harris.

Harris said that he and his twin brother, Michael Harris, will play together in college.

"We're definitely a package deal," said Harris.

Harris said both UCF and Maryland have their pluses.

"UCF is close to home but Maryland is something new, so we'll just have to wait and see," said Harris.
the twins sound extremely unlikely - from the UCF Rivals site yesterday (although they would have met a couple of Huskers at the Polynesian Bowl)

UCF's recruiting efforts for 2024 and beyond blast off this weekend with "Friday Knight Lights," an invitation-only event that will bring in more than 100 top prospects to campus.

More players are expected throughout the weekend, though much of the fanfare will revolve around the Friday event.

While 2024 targets consist of the bulk of visitors, several 2023 names will be in attendance. That includes the Lake Brantley twins -

Andrew Harris
and
Michael Harris
. After standout performances in the Under Armour All-American Game and Polynesian Bowl, the four-star linebacker duo are rising in the recruiting rankings. They will officially make their decisions next week, deciding between UCF, Maryland and Arkansas.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
the twins sound extremely unlikely - from the UCF Rivals site yesterday (although they would have met a couple of Huskers at the Polynesian Bowl)

UCF's recruiting efforts for 2024 and beyond blast off this weekend with "Friday Knight Lights," an invitation-only event that will bring in more than 100 top prospects to campus.

More players are expected throughout the weekend, though much of the fanfare will revolve around the Friday event.

While 2024 targets consist of the bulk of visitors, several 2023 names will be in attendance. That includes the Lake Brantley twins -

Andrew Harris

and
Michael Harris
. After standout performances in the Under Armour All-American Game and Polynesian Bowl, the four-star linebacker duo are rising in the recruiting rankings. They will officially make their decisions next week, deciding between UCF, Maryland and Arkansas.
Sucks for Michael being ranked a couple spots below his brother in the Florida rankings. You know Andrew is reminding him of that shit all the time. Gotta bust your brothers balls every chance you get

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
From the comments I think this is where he was at -
I've only known one Rockhurst guy in my entire life, but if they're like Mike Parks (former colleague), then they're putting out great men.

Quick story: Mike and I worked together when I was still in high school, and he was recently gradated. Our job was in a warehouse and we both were bored most of the time doing the job - who wouldn't be - and one day a cot dam entertainment gold mine fell into our laps: a shipment of bean bag chairs. We promptly set them up as a landing pad and clambered to the top row of the pallet racks and began leaping into them, executing really shitty swan dives, belly flops, etc. Glorious fun ... until one of them blew out and shot roughly 8 billion static charge little bits of styrofoam everywhere. It took forever to get those cleaned up before the boss found out what we'd done and we managed to do just that. Even repaired the zipper that gave out and restored (most) of the failed bean bag chair to health.

A few days later, we're loading up an outbound semi-trailer (tools on the bottom, bean bags on the top) and we're tossing the bean bag chairs over the tools to get them distributed in the trailer. The tossing turns bi-direction and there's a full-on bean bag chair tossing war going on when the boss (Wild Willis Woodring, "The Official Liquidator") walks into the truck and loses his shit. He looks at me - a multi-year employee, a guy he trusts to drive his wife's new Cadillac to Oklahoma and collect thousands of dollars in cash from a drunken auctioneer, someone who's taken his own daughters out to movies, etc. when they're in town - and simply declares, "YOU'RE FIRED!".

I was floored. Simply stunned. And out of the front of the trailer clambers Mike Parks. He walks right up to Willis, puts his Irish pug right underneath his face and says, "If you're going to fire him you might just as well fire me since we were both having fun with the bean bag chairs. Good luck getting this trailer loaded without us" and walks right by Willis, followed immediately by me. Five seconds later, Willis relented and told us to get back to work, and no more f-ing around! Uh huh ...

Mike Parks - Rockhurst graduate - stood up for me that day, and I've never forgotten it.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member

Angry Black And White GIF by BLoafX

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The ENTIRE STAFF is in AZ today to visit Raiola's school (except Rhule, who has used his visit). Every AC - both sides of the ball.

Nebraska sends full slate of assistant coaches to check on Five-Star Plus+ QB Dylan Raiola​

Chad Simmons•about 4 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Chad Simmons
ChadSimmons_
Dylan Raiola Nebraska
2024 Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Dylan Raiola poses with his with grandfather, uncle, brother and father during the Illinois game in Lincoln. (Photo credit: HuskerOnline)
As a Nebraska legacy and the son of former Husker Dominic Raiola, Five-Star Plus+ 2024 quarterback Dylan Raiola has become one of the program’s top recruiting targets under new head coach Matt Rhule.
When coaches were first allowed back on the road earlier this month, Raiola, the No. 1 player in the junior class, was the first recruit to have Rhule visit his school. Assistants have been back at Chandler (Ariz.) High multiple times this month, and on Friday, the Huskers sent every coach they have on the road just south of Phoenix to stop by Raiola’s school, Tater Island has has learned.
That includes the offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, wide receivers, running backs, tight ends, offensive line, defensive line, defensive backs and linebackers coaches. Rhule himself is only allowed to make one visit during this period and used it earlier in the month.
The Huskers, however, have made it clear to Raiola and his family that he is priority No. 1 in the 2024 class as they look to rebuild around him.

Relationships will be a major factor for Raiola​

“The relationship piece will always be big for me,” Raiola told Tater Island earlier this month. “The people at the different programs are important to me and my family. From the head coach to the offensive coordinator to others around the program —people are important. I am looking for where I’m most comfortable and relationships play a big role in that. I want to be around great people.
… The coaches, the people in the building, the city, the players and the atmosphere will all be factors. I want to be part of a winning culture. Being part of a brotherhood is very important. Those will be the things I am looking for.”
Raiola has also had coaches from USC, Oregon and Georgia at his school this month, and he will take an unofficial visit to see the Trojans this weekend.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
The ENTIRE STAFF is in AZ today to visit Raiola's school (except Rhule, who has used his visit). Every AC - both sides of the ball.

Nebraska sends full slate of assistant coaches to check on Five-Star Plus+ QB Dylan Raiola​

Chad Simmons•about 4 hours
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Chad Simmons
ChadSimmons_
Dylan Raiola Nebraska
2024 Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Dylan Raiola poses with his with grandfather, uncle, brother and father during the Illinois game in Lincoln. (Photo credit: HuskerOnline)
As a Nebraska legacy and the son of former Husker Dominic Raiola, Five-Star Plus+ 2024 quarterback Dylan Raiola has become one of the program’s top recruiting targets under new head coach Matt Rhule.
When coaches were first allowed back on the road earlier this month, Raiola, the No. 1 player in the junior class, was the first recruit to have Rhule visit his school. Assistants have been back at Chandler (Ariz.) High multiple times this month, and on Friday, the Huskers sent every coach they have on the road just south of Phoenix to stop by Raiola’s school, Tater Island has has learned.
That includes the offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, wide receivers, running backs, tight ends, offensive line, defensive line, defensive backs and linebackers coaches. Rhule himself is only allowed to make one visit during this period and used it earlier in the month.
The Huskers, however, have made it clear to Raiola and his family that he is priority No. 1 in the 2024 class as they look to rebuild around him.

Relationships will be a major factor for Raiola​

“The relationship piece will always be big for me,” Raiola told Tater Island earlier this month. “The people at the different programs are important to me and my family. From the head coach to the offensive coordinator to others around the program —people are important. I am looking for where I’m most comfortable and relationships play a big role in that. I want to be around great people.
… The coaches, the people in the building, the city, the players and the atmosphere will all be factors. I want to be part of a winning culture. Being part of a brotherhood is very important. Those will be the things I am looking for.”
Raiola has also had coaches from USC, Oregon and Georgia at his school this month, and he will take an
unofficial visit to see the Trojans this weekend.
Husker staff coming into Arizona dragging their balls over the rest of the schools recruiting Raiola.
Rotum GIF by South Park

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've only known one Rockhurst guy in my entire life, but if they're like Mike Parks (former colleague), then they're putting out great men.

Quick story: Mike and I worked together when I was still in high school, and he was recently gradated. Our job was in a warehouse and we both were bored most of the time doing the job - who wouldn't be - and one day a cot dam entertainment gold mine fell into our laps: a shipment of bean bag chairs. We promptly set them up as a landing pad and clambered to the top row of the pallet racks and began leaping into them, executing really shitty swan dives, belly flops, etc. Glorious fun ... until one of them blew out and shot roughly 8 billion static charge little bits of styrofoam everywhere. It took forever to get those cleaned up before the boss found out what we'd done and we managed to do just that. Even repaired the zipper that gave out and restored (most) of the failed bean bag chair to health.

A few days later, we're loading up an outbound semi-trailer (tools on the bottom, bean bags on the top) and we're tossing the bean bag chairs over the tools to get them distributed in the trailer. The tossing turns bi-direction and there's a full-on bean bag chair tossing war going on when the boss (Wild Willis Woodring, "The Official Liquidator") walks into the truck and loses his shit. He looks at me - a multi-year employee, a guy he trusts to drive his wife's new Cadillac to Oklahoma and collect thousands of dollars in cash from a drunken auctioneer, someone who's taken his own daughters out to movies, etc. when they're in town - and simply declares, "YOU'RE FIRED!".

I was floored. Simply stunned. And out of the front of the trailer clambers Mike Parks. He walks right up to Willis, puts his Irish pug right underneath his face and says, "If you're going to fire him you might just as well fire me since we were both having fun with the bean bag chairs. Good luck getting this trailer loaded without us" and walks right by Willis, followed immediately by me. Five seconds later, Willis relented and told us to get back to work, and no more f-ing around! Uh huh ...

Mike Parks - Rockhurst graduate - stood up for me that day, and I've never forgotten it.
I'm bummed I didn't put 2 and 2 together on one of our former Rockhurst High recruits. Zach Hannon who played O-Line for us, and never really lived up to his ratings. Transferred to KU for his SR year. I was reading a KU article about him after he transferred there where they mentioned his dad Tim played football at Notre Dame. I played Lacrosse with his dad Tim and he was even the Rockhurst High lacrosse coach for a while. He was a good friend of mine 30 years ago when I lived in KC. Big powerful thick dude that I didn't enjoy the collisions with in practice. Surprisingly he wasn't our most physical player even with his background. Paled in comparison to a former linebacker from Northwestern, Alexander "Sandy" Kemper of the Kemper Arena Family, who was a roided up beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds