Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone link that Raiola/Sipple story por favor?

Dominic Raiola: Nebraska's football program under Matt Rhule is "sleeping giant" and sits squarely on son Dylan's radar​

Steven Sipple about 16 hours ago
https://on3static.com/cdn-cgi/image/height=417,width=795,quality=90,fit=cover,gravity=0.5x0.5/uploads/dev/assets/cms/2023/01/26143141/Turd-Alberts-pic.jpg
Dylan Raiola, the top-ranked recruit in the class of 2024, is in information gathering mode as he re-opens his recruitment following the quarterback’s decommitment from Ohio State last month.

He already knows plenty about Nebraska, his father’s alma mater, having visited Lincoln several times. But the Raiola family continues to learn about the Huskers’ new coaching staff.

Safe to say the staff has made a strong early impression.

To be sure, Dominic Raiola’s enthusiasm for new Husker coach Matt Rhule and the program in general came through loud and clear during the elder Raiola’s interview Thursday with HuskerOnline.com.

He pointed to Nebraska’s $160 million training facility, on track to be finished this coming summer.

“I’ve been to every facility in the country,” Dominic Raiola said from the family’s home in suburban Arizona. “There ain’t going to be one like it, I don’t think, within five years. But then you put the people in it, and that’s key.”

“Nebraska’s a true sleeping giant in this industry,” he added. “I can say that because I was a part of that giant (as an All-American center in 2000). I was just a little part of it. We had a lot of guys who poured into that program. It really truly took a village to build that place.”

Dominic Raiola praises Matt Rhule​

Bottom line, Nebraska is squarely on his son’s radar, Dominic Raiola said, along with Georgia, USC and Oregon. He left open the possibility of other programs emerging as legitimate possibilities.

The NCAA’s recruiting evaluation period in college football ends this week. Nebraska’s staff, led by Rhule and offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield, has visited Chandler (Arizona) High School on multiple occasions.

Rhule’s visit to Chandler meant a lot to the Raiolas, Dominic said.

“Any time the head coach comes, it means a lot,” he said. “It means you’re a priority. Those guys are stretched thin as far as what they can see and who they can see. When they come see you, it’s a priority.

“Among others, (Jim) Harbaugh stopped by to see him … Kirby Smart and his (Georgia) staff were here, and coach Rhule. Him being there on the first day (of the evaluation period), it does show a lot. It does show Dylan’s a priority. It does show it means a lot.”

Dominic Raiola said he appreciates how Rhule and his staff are going about the process of building a relationship with Dylan and the entire family.

“I think you can really just start there,” said Dominic, whose brother Donovan Raiola serves as Nebraska’s offensive line coach. “It really has nothing to do with my brother being there.

Them retaining my brother is truly because he is a good coach. He does the things the right way.

“Hat’s off to him; that’s a feather in his cap that they retained him. These guys (on the staff), they’re elite.”

No campus visits set quite yet​

The elder Raiola said the family has set no campus visits for the immediate future.

However, “It’s going to ramp up here and get pretty heated,” Dominic Raiola said.

“Nebraska’s definitely a school we’re going to visit. I know we’re planning on going to Athens, Georgia, and seeing their program.”

He also mentioned USC and Oregon.

“I don’t know what other schools are going to emerge, I really don’t,” Dominic said. “We have to talk about it as a family after this month concludes and then we’ll get back into it.

“We’re going to be back in Lincoln, that’s for sure.”

He wants his son to be in a program that can develop him as a person.

“If you can develop as a person, the football stuff will take care of itself,” Dominic Raiola said.

Being in a program that has an opportunity to win regularly also is important to the family.

“It’s kind of cliche`, but it’s so true: You want to be able to go to sleep at night and know that your kid is in a safe place and safe environment, and that it’s conducive to winning,” the father said.

As stated earlier, Dominic Raiola believes Nebraska has massive potential.

“I call it a sleeping giant because it is a giant,” he said. “It’s one of the giant programs in college football. You have to appreciate that and you have to handle it with that kind of care.

“You can say it’s just another program, but it ain’t. In this house, it’s not just another program.”

Hannibal Lecter Thank You GIF

Given that Simpson is our Florida guy, I’m going to go out on a limb and say these two:

an excellent guess, but it would have to have been an unofficial visit - they both used all 5 of their OVs last June perOn3 national

Not that it matters too much but they're kinda dainty for linebackers
They'd find a place somewhere for them, maybe safety or nickel if they can't bulk them up

Verified Results​

• 100 METERS

10.72​

SECONDS04/16/21
  • 200 METERS

21.90​

SECONDS04/16/21

Last edited:
an excellent guess, but it would have to have been an unofficial visit - they both used all 5 of their OVs last June perOn3 national
Rivals only shows that they have taken 2 official visits.

And from that linked article above, "Michael shared that he and his brother “might” be taking an official visit to Arkansas. As of now, no date has been set for a potential trip to Fayetteville.

Like Arkansas, Nebraska wants the brothers to take an official to the Cornhuskers. Another Big Ten program — the Terrapins — have the Harris’ attention as well."

Seems like On3 has it wrong.

Rivals only shows that they have taken 2 official visits.

And from that linked article above, "Michael shared that he and his brother “might” be taking an official visit to Arkansas. As of now, no date has been set for a potential trip to Fayetteville.

Like Arkansas, Nebraska wants the brothers to take an official to the Cornhuskers. Another Big Ten program — the Terrapins — have the Harris’ attention as well."

Seems like Tater Island has it wrong.
Although I suppose it is possible they have it wrong, with this much detail it seems unlikely

ov.png

Although I suppose it is possible they have it wrong, with this much detail it seems unlikely

View attachment 19817

I still think they are wrong. I can't read the article as I am not a member of 247, but here is a screenshot and the date was from last week. I don't think it really matters as I am not sure we are really in it with them at all or if they would've came for a midweek visit, but just saying that it appears they did have the opportunity if they wanted to. On3 appears to be the only site saying they have used all 5 officials.

1674835914674.png

This is what 247 reported on the Harris twins 10 days ago

Four-star LB Andrew Harris focusing on two with decision coming next month​

VIP ByBRANDON HUFFMAN Jan 18, 7:45 PM

HONOLULU -- Altamonte Springs (Fla.) Lake Brantley linebacker Andrew Harris said he's down to two schools.

"I'm focused in on UCF and Maryland," said Harris.

A decision will come at the top of next month.

"My decision will be announced on national signing day (on February 1st)," said Harris.

Harris has previously visited UCF, Maryland and Michigan State for officials and while he has two officials left, he's not planning to take them.

"No more official visits for me, we're pretty much settled on those two," said Harris.

Harris said Florida and Arkansas have made a push late to try and get him to come visit.

"But we pretty much know what we're going to do," said Harris.

Harris said that he and his twin brother, Michael Harris, will play together in college.

"We're definitely a package deal," said Harris.

Harris said both UCF and Maryland have their pluses.

"UCF is close to home but Maryland is something new, so we'll just have to wait and see," said Harris.

I watched the 1st part of his highlight video. He's legitimately fast.

Another thing I though was cool was the use of an overhead drone to record game film footage. Unique perspective that would give @slattimer his beloved "all 22" POV for play breakdowns. I'm kind of surprised more high schools aren't using this given the ubiquity of camera drones and the presence of an "AV Club" within most schools. Neat stuff.

I watched the 1st part of his highlight video. He's legitimately fast.

Another thing I though was cool was the use of an overhead drone to record game film footage. Unique perspective that would give @slattimer his beloved "all 22" POV for play breakdowns. I'm kind of surprised more high schools aren't using this given the ubiquity of camera drones and the presence of an "AV Club" within most schools. Neat stuff.
Rivals Greg and @MtnHusker -

It's the last weekend to host official visitors and for now I can confirm one player will be in town on a visit. Nebraska will host Colorado defensive back D'Andre Barnes for an official visit this weekend. Barnes is a state champion in the 200m dash and will likely repeat that this year. On the football field Barnes had 55 tackles and 6 INTs with 2 forced fumbles as a senior. Barnes told me what he is most looking forward to about the visit.

"I am looking forward to seeing the facilities of a Big Ten football school. Seeing just how different it is from any other school I’ve been to. I can’t wait to see just how big football is there."

Barnes has been to Wyoming and Air Force for visits. He has heard from teammates (including former Husker commit Hayden Moore) that Nebraska is on another level and has stuff he's never seen before.

How is he a No Star recruit? After watching that film you could have told me he is a high 4 Star recruit and I would have believed you. Quite the athlete who looks like the fastest player on the field. Pulls away from players when he is in the open field and those Pursuit Angles on him don't work for defenders.
I'm going to be honest I thought the same thing. I took a long time making sure I was linking the correct profile here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back