Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

random huskers who were bad but played (2 Viewers)

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
I’ll offer up the entire 2017-2023 teams based on W-L records.

Might be easier to pick out the few great players than name bad ones.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I read like three posts in this thread haha
Like you, he was the first person I thought of when I saw the OP question. He was one of the top targets for fan complaints about lack of production, but he never came off the field. I think he was a three-year starter.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Like you, he was the first person I thought of when I saw the OP question. He was one of the top targets for fan complaints about lack of production, but he never came off the field. I think he was a three-year starter.

We always talk about fliers that are taken on guys late being a good thing and then they always end up playing because we generally don’t develop well

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I'll throw an honorable mention out there for Terry Rodgers. He wasn't that terrible - an undersized IB probably affected by injuries who was slightly less productive than the other backups in our stable, but we passed on Barry Freaking Sanders to give him a schollie in part because of who Terry's dad was.

terry GIF

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
It’s also the biggest misconception that Husker fans have, he was one player on an otherwise average team.
Granted he was the best player in country but still. How many awesome players are there and they don’t translate to recruiting success? Johnny Manziel and A&M, Manti Teo and ND, LamarJackson and Louisville. Heck even Oregon with Mariota. Who did they get after? Vernon Adam’s a lower level transfer, another FCS transfer in Prokup and they fell into Herbert who was a 2 Star from Eugeon

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds