Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

random huskers who were bad but played (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Erwin Swiney sp? The CB in the early 2000s. I remember at the time thinking how much he sucked.
He was in the NFL for 3 years.

Probably substandard by NU standards at the time, but IMO DBs are more likely to be thought of this way than almost any other position, probably because of coverage schemes & the different things they allow in front of different secondary guys.

doublewing

Running Back
Erwin Swiney sp? The CB in the early 2000s. I remember at the time thinking how much he sucked.
Yeah and Craig Bohl didn't help him either. He had Swiney in man to man coverage against Quincy Morgan in that snowy game in Manhattan where Morgan went for like 200 yards. That matchup lost NU that game.

betsch

Safety
He was in the NFL for 3 years.

Probably substandard by NU standards at the time, but IMO DBs are more likely to be thought of this way than almost any other position, probably because of coverage schemes & the different things they allow in front of different secondary guys.
That's a fair statement. We had a string of AWESOME CBs at the time, Ralph Brown, Fabian Washington, Keyuo Craver sp?, and some others that I can't remember the name of and then he came along. He just wasn't up to their level (at the time at least).

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
That's a fair statement. We had a string of AWESOME CBs at the time, Ralph Brown, Fabian Washington, Keyuo Craver sp?, and some others that I can't remember the name of and then he came along. He just wasn't up to their level (at the time at least).
Pretty sure Swiney was in the same class as Crouch, who played just before Craver and Washington got on campus in like 99 and 2002

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds