Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Poorly-Aged tPB Takes

I personally was 0% excited for Rhule, and thought no one would care about Rhule/the program once that 2022 season as over and the staff and university parted ways, making room for the next staff.

I thought Frost was the second coming of Tom Osborne and we just had to hold tight for two decades and then nattys would come. I also assumed everyone was okay waiting two decades.

I legit thought Frost would turn us around in time. Same with Reily.

Hope springs eternal.
When Riley was hired I was in my office reading the update on my phone. Couple minutes after my boss walked into the office to ask me a question. Told him I need a fucking minute first. He turned around and walked out. Didn’t talk to him the rest of the day.

I wonder if he ever wonders about that.

Believe I judged Rhule harshly for licking his lips so much in the beginning. I've either gotten used to it or he's found some chapstick
One quick story...there was one particular game where in the couple days leading up to it...Rhule hosted a classy bourbon tasting event at his place. Some nice bourbons and some extra tasting led to an improperly hydrated Coach Rhule. Little bit of the dry mouth led to some extra lip licking that game.

Last edited:
Can we add future poorly aged takes here?

I don't know if this one will be poor, but I think OU and KSU both downgraded at QB. Jackson Arnold and Avery Johnson are young QB's but look very meh compared to Gabriel and Howard, who both supposedly left because they weren't going to start.

Can we add future poorly aged takes here?

I don't know if this one will be poor, but I think OU and KSU both downgraded at QB. Jackson Arnold and Avery Johnson are young QB's but look very meh compared to Gabriel and Howard, who both supposedly left because they weren't going to start.

I dont know, that KSU kid looks pretty damn good watching that game vs Arizona. Really good runner

I did not have Deion deciding to not recruit on my bingo card back in 2022.

Turd saved us.
That is the most surprising thing. During the five minutes I was considering Sanders when it looked like we wouldn’t get Rhule and Monken was our top option, my thought was he might bring enough studs in to put up with the crazy. Little did I know…

View attachment 41984

For the record @BIG TONE SOPRANO, I absolutely would have agreed with this at the time it was posted.

Was checking the thread to see if I was in here (I'm sure it would be deserved) and ran across this proclaiming no home field advantage. I was watching the CBS college football show. Those guys gave our home crowd a lot of accolades, calling it one of the toughest places to play, called it a nasty place to play. Our home crowd has never been an issue, the team on the field has been. BTW they all 4 picked us to beat Illinois.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back