Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Poorly-Aged tPB Takes

When the Deion rumors/speculation first started up here, I was also intrigued. I thought his lack of coaching experience was a definite negative, but thought he would kill it on the recruiting trail. Thought he would bring an excitement level we haven't had in a long time. And he would have - just not a positive excitement.

He is exactly what we didn't need. Hindsight is 20/20, and I doubt Prime was ever legitimately going to consider NU (culture clash likely), but damn we dodged a bullet if he and we were interested. Dude has been a flat out embarrassment for how he "runs" that program and handles things overall. He brought a dozen torches and 10 thousand gallons of gasoline to set that shit on fire. Burn to the ground type of fire. Even the foundation would be toast and it would be a tough task to try to rebuild utop the smoldering ruins.

View attachment 41973

I wanted to wait a couple more games before bumping this thread on myself, but I’ll gladly pull this take out of the deep freeze for all to see.

https://theplatinumboard.com/threads/dr-not-attending-spring-game-fire-uncle-donny.10076/
Well done.

Just happened across this video this morning:

When the Deion rumors/speculation first started up here, I was also intrigued. I thought his lack of coaching experience was a definite negative, but thought he would kill it on the recruiting trail. Thought he would bring an excitement level we haven't had in a long time. And he would have - just not a positive excitement.

He is exactly what we didn't need. Hindsight is 20/20, and I doubt Prime was ever legitimately going to consider NU (culture clash likely), but damn we dodged a bullet if he and we were interested. Dude has been a flat out embarrassment for how he "runs" that program and handles things overall. He brought a dozen torches and 10 thousand gallons of gasoline to set that shit on fire. Burn to the ground type of fire. Even the foundation would be toast and it would be a tough task to try to rebuild utop the smoldering ruins.
Can you imagine if he said at Nebraska, "Don't play the fight song, play my son's rap song instead". The blow up would be legendary.

Lettuce all take some time to laugh at some of the freezing cold takes that have been poasted here. Even the world's greatest message board is not immune from some very smooth brain opinions & predictions.

I'll start with myself - I wasn't on tPB during the Frost era, but in May of 2021 I was still deluding myself on other sites that the 4th season could have some kind of turnaround:

View attachment 41958

With Colorado crashing & burning while Deion does the worst high school recruiting of any coach in the modern era, a good jumping off point for this thread is the posters who were suggesting that he'd be a home run hire & specifically talk about how amazing his recruiting would be.

Choca kicks us off:

View attachment 41959

Duck knows ball! Goes hard in the paint on multiple posts about it:

View attachment 41960

View attachment 41961
View attachment 41963
View attachment 41967
Juggernaut!
View attachment 41962

Recruiting, player retention & Husker fans will love how he talks!
View attachment 41965
View attachment 41969
View attachment 41970

Fun times as CU starts a white walk-on RB this year:

View attachment 41966
Definitely.
View attachment 41968
Welp.
View attachment 41971

I know lots of you are also petty enough to bookmark or search posts to find the memorably bad ones on all sorts of topics. Please add your favorites!
Prime does recruit rather well. I'd image he would have brought in a ton of talent here.

So...you can take my "poorly aged takes." And cram it up your cram hole.

Pretty sure I was a Satt hater and Foley & Raiola skeptic at one point.

Also expressed interest in Sander as a who gaf option. Lane train until I die.
I'm still not 100% sold on Satt for sure.

But along those lines, I think we could probably find plenty of takes on the following:
1) Deion (obv)
2) Retaining Raiola
3) Garret McGuire
4) Ty Rob (or Nash) too slow and a complete bust
5) Frost just needs time (that was me until about halfway into 2021)

I'm still not 100% sold on Satt for sure.

But along those lines, I think we could probably find plenty of takes on the following:
1) Deion (obv)
2) Retaining Raiola
3) Garret McGuire
4) Ty Rob (or Nash) too slow and a complete bust
5) Frost just needs time (that was me until about halfway into 2021)
I think I was premature on Satt. Last year was such a clusterfuck at QB the fact they got 5 wins is actually surprising.

There were some play calling questions I had but I think that had to do more with who your QB was, what your comfortable calling and introduction to the Big10 for the first time.

Prime does recruit rather well. I'd image he would have brought in a ton of talent here.

So...you can take my "poorly aged takes." And cram it up your cram hole.
Eat Protein Bar GIF by SnickersUK

Biggest indictment on Deion is he is a terrible in game coach. Missed time out at end of 1H against us. Taking the ball first in OT against CSU last year. Multiple 4th and 1s in own territory when your team can't run.

Still think he could be a monster in recruiting with a team with a real NIL budget, but we'll never know on that one.

Well done.

Just happened across this video this morning:
Man, that toenail story 😬

Only hot takes I’ve ever had are in POTD… feel free to caption them with the pictures to verify how hot the take is

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back