Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Poorly-Aged tPB Takes

This is going back 20 years, but I used to try and defend Cosgrove over and over. Then we'd have like 1 good game and I'd say "see, he isn't total shit" as if it would justify it. That was back in the early days of that other sight which shall not be mentioned.

Still think he could be a monster in recruiting with a team with a real NIL budget, but we'll never know on that one.
The ironic thing is, with his personality and backstory and con-man abilities he could probably be a monster in recruiting right now if he had any clue how to do it right! His strategy is just bonkers. He would need a program to somehow force him to do normal recruiting in order to get results, I'm not sure if he'd have the willpower to do it anyway though.

This is going back 20 years, but I used to try and defend Cosgrove over and over. Then we'd have like 1 good game and I'd say "see, he isn't total shit" as if it would justify it. That was back in the early days of that other sight which shall not be mentioned.
If we were facing a team with a fullback and tight ends on the field he was serviceable. The more WR on the field the more clueless he was.

Has he not brought in highly rated talent. Transfers included. Doesn't mean they're worth a shit.
Outside of his literal children, Travis Hunter & Jordan Seaton are the 2 talents in 3 years that he's brought in & kept for more than a year (and jury is still out whether Seaton lasts that long in CO).

A couple 4 star 2024 freshman who have done nothing yet but the jury may still be out on.

Not sure who else would turn your head as any kind of noteworthy pickup above & beyond what any very average P5 coach/program would do.

Outside of his literal children, Travis Hunter & Jordan Seaton are the 2 talents in 3 years that he's brought in & kept for more than a year (and jury is still out whether Seaton lasts that long in CO).

A couple 4 star 2024 freshman who have done nothing yet but the jury may still be out on.

Not sure who else would turn your head as any kind of noteworthy pickup above & beyond what any very average P5 coach/program would do.
Dylan Edwards is decent. A few transfer WR's. But yeah for the most part he's sucked.

I do agree with @KidsSeeGhosts that it would be a different story if he was at a real program. Also agree we'll probably never know.

If we were facing a team with a fullback and tight ends on the field he was serviceable. The more WR on the field the more clueless he was.
I've told this story before, but before the Missouri game when we played a prevent defense the entire game, one of the LBs told me that they never even practiced that defense. They were told the day of the game that it was the game plan 😱

Dylan Edwards is decent. A few transfer WR's. But yeah for the most part he's sucked.

I do agree with @KidsSeeGhosts that it would be a different story if he was at a real program. Also agree we'll probably never know.

Someone go find the posts ranting about how he pulled in Omarion Miller and how he showed out against us last year and we were going to rue the day we couldn't keep him... I don't believe he's played at all this year...

Someone go find the posts ranting about how he pulled in Omarion Miller and how he showed out against us last year and we were going to rue the day we couldn't keep him... I don't believe he's played at all this year...
He might be playing at Nebraska though. It's their one pretty deep position.

Just search posts containing the word "Sims" from August 25, 2023 and earlier. Absolute treasure trove of takes that aged poorly
Embarrassed Hide GIF by flor

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back