Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is there a more poorly laid out city than Lincoln? (3 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are there any well planned cities in America?
I lived in Peachtree City, GA for several years back in the early 90's. A completely planned residential community. Each "village" had a commercial/retail section at it's core, surrounded by multi-family housing, then a ring of smaller single family homes, then an outer ring of much larger single family homes. As the villages "bumped up" against one another, the large single family homes all remained next to each other and you worked your way back to the commercial/retail core of the next village.

The whole shebang was connected by over 90 miles of golf cart paths, which everyone took to school, work, church and the grocery store. The 4th of July golf cart parades were epic. Plus - IIRC - five golf courses laid out in between the homes, etc.

Yes, there are well planned cities in America. Peachtree City, GA is definitely one of them (IMO).

thE kErnEl

Cornerback
Elite Member
I lived in Peachtree City, GA for several years back in the early 90's. A completely planned residential community. Each "village" had a commercial/retail section at it's core, surrounded by multi-family housing, then a ring of smaller single family homes, then an outer ring of much larger single family homes. As the villages "bumped up" against one another, the large single family homes all remained next to each other and you worked your way back to the commercial/retail core of the next village.

The whole shebang was connected by over 90 miles of golf cart paths, which everyone took to school, work, church and the grocery store. The 4th of July golf cart parades were epic. Plus - IIRC - five golf courses laid out in between the homes, etc.

Yes, there are well planned cities in America. Peachtree City, GA is definitely one of them (IMO).
No offense brother, but that scenario scares the shit out of me. I'll take a messy city any day over any "planned" community. To each his own... Shakespeare, not thE kErnEl

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG

That sounds cool

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
So far the consensus to OP's question is yes, there are many cities that are more poorly laid out.

Aside from people talking about cities in the US (that are all less than 400 years old, most of them much younger) go to Africa or India sometime and it will blow your mind and the sprawl and ancientness of the cities.

Ex: "Yes these are artificial lakes used for flood control." -- FIL
"Oh cool, when were they built?" -- me
"This sign says construction completed in 1583." -- FIL
Me from 1776 USA
ohhhhhhhh.0.gif

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Why does Lincoln have an infatuation with city titties? Fuck those annoy me.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
Why does Lincoln have an infatuation with city titties? Fuck those annoy me.

Roundabouts? They say they're safer but they are fucking stupid, along with the 19 million stoplights in town. At least we're having a boom of CBD/Delta 8 shops popping up, we're ready for Biden to legalize weed next year. That'll help next fall

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
BOSTON.

Really? Boston set up the perfect “you’re on A street, but you need to be on 3F street, so fuck you.”

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds