Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

People seem to think that Gundy is in trouble at Oklahoma State (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
There was a rumor that Gundy wanted the job back in 2015. But he may just been floating his name out there to earn a raise. However, if Eichorst hired Mike Riley over Gundy then he was a bigger dipshit than I thought.
IIRC Gundy's sister lives in Lincoln and Gundy wasn't on good terms with the AD in 2015.

From what I have been told it was Gundy, Whittingham and Riley in 2015. Gundy never got the call back, but was told he wanted the job.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
IIRC Gundy's sister lives in Lincoln and Gundy wasn't on good terms with the AD in 2015.

From what I have been told it was Gundy, Whittingham and Riley in 2015. Gundy never got the call back, but was told he wanted the job.
If I am not mistaken, I thought I read it somewhere that Chris Petersen wanted the job back then.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Or being a hard nosed coach that plays a physical style of defense and ground based spread offense....fuck I'm rustled now.
Back when rivals Greg smith did local radio he used to have a regular caller named John who would call in and complain about eichorst. John always called him “the weasel.” I think about that a lot…

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I think he was a fan wish but could be wrong...

Iirc his kid has medical needs that Washington was able to cater. So it was always suggested he was going to stay there.

My uncle has a suite at Boise St.

Peterson’s son has a rare medical condition that BSU could accommodate. When Dan Hawkins hired CP he promised him he wouldn’t have to leave the state for recruiting except on rare occasion to see a QB. CP and his family fell in love with Boise and loved the medical facilities there.

It was long thought that they hit the lottery. They weren’t shocked when he left as he was a top 5 coach in the game. But they were surprised.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I was in that camp... Wanted him back when we hired Riley and he wanted to come here. Guy has won a lot I would sure hate that.

I definitely wanted him after we fired Bo .. much better option than Riley. Only concern I have/had with Gundy is his defenses typically don't perform great

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds