Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

People seem to think that Gundy is in trouble at Oklahoma State (2 Viewers)

doublewing

Running Back
Gundy is a stubborn old Okie that don't like change. It will be the death of them.

TBH, I think they've gone a bit stale with him. He's been there a long time and it would probably be best if they were to start anew as their conference is revitalized. Good coach, not a great one, and its shit like this that has to wear on their admin.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Stillwater is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. The fact that he's experienced the level of success he has, at one point being ranked as high as #2, at a school with the geographical hindrances that OkState has tells you the dude knows how to coach. His stubbornness may be his downfall, but the guy knows football. . . or at least he did at one time not that long ago.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Stillwater is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. The fact that he's experienced the level of success he has, at one point being ranked as high as #2, at a school with the geographical hindrances that OkState has tells you the dude knows how to coach. His stubbornness may be his downfall, but the guy knows football. . . or at least he did at one time not that long ago.
I think he still knows football but they've had a rough last couple years. I think if they fired him at this point, they would sorely regret it.

He had them 12-2 back in 2021 and he's 158-76 as a coach. I could see moving on if they have a bad year again next year but I don't think the justification is there at this point, personally.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I think he still knows football but they've had a rough last couple years. I think if they fired him at this point, they would sorely regret it.

He had them 12-2 back in 2021 and he's 158-76 as a coach. I could see moving on if they have a bad year again next year but I don't think the justification is there at this point, personally.
I can't say I disagree with your view.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Gotta back up Stillwater on this one, that small town is a hell of a lot of fun and 30min from OKC. I’d take Stillwater over Nompton (Norman) any day of the week.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gundy is a stubborn old Okie that don't like change. It will be the death of them.

TBH, I think they've gone a bit stale with him. He's been there a long time and it would probably be best if they were to start anew as their conference is revitalized. Good coach, not a great one, and its shit like this that has to wear on their admin.
They were really good just 2 years ago.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Having lived there for 20 years, I gotta say I disagree. It's also an hour from OKC. 30 minutes will only get you to Guthrie.
I’ve lived in OKC for 20 years and have multiple friends that went to college at OSU so we will agree to disagree. Speed a little and your in Edmond in 30ish min and we’ll meet in the middle and say 45 to OKC.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
What is going on with Flores?

3 OSU QBs play but I don't think he's one of them.
i searched for zane flores on twitter when they were getting blown out by Central community college and there were some fans pissed that the only qb with any talent on the roster isnt playing

assuming the Gunnar Gundy thing isnt sitting well

Cornicator

Safety
Insider

Stillwater is a small town, but its only and hour away from Tulsa and an hour out of Oklahoma City. Those are 2 Metro Areas combined hold more than 3 million residents.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds