Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (3 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
@BushAK First Lite has their whitetail sale this week. 30% off Solitude and 40% Catalyst
I saw that. I’ve been watching YouTube videos all evening. This morning I was leaning towards the whitetail catalyst jacket with the solitude bibs.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
View attachment 28662
I said I’d pass on this guy, and let him grow… and I did. Big deer at 3 with 13-14 points, but he needs another season. Hope he makes it.
Tried to load video of him, but says file is too big
Great pass! I made the same call a few years ago on a 3yr old with 18 points. The following year he hit 206” (if you gave him an inside spread of 18”). This was based on his sheds. He was then shot a year later in the 240s.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Great pass! I made the same call a few years ago on a 3yr old with 18 points. The following year he hit 206” (if you gave him an inside spread of 18”). This was based on his sheds. He was then shot a year later in the 240s.
Incredible! Hope we see that kind of jump

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
@kyle23 I went ahead and ordered the solitude bib and jacket when First Lite had their sale. The box just got here and it was beat to shit and held together with zip ties. Everything is in the box except the jacket. So some asshole affiliated with the post office stole the jacket out of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
@kyle23 I went ahead and ordered the solitude bib and jacket when First Lite had their sale. The box just got here and it was beat to shit and held together with zip ties. Everything is in the box except the jacket. So some asshole affiliated with the post office stole the jacket out of the box.
That sucks man.. hope the situation gets rectified.
As an aside, anyone have recommendations for late September Montana elk gear? I have some light Sitka big game gear, but most of my medium too heavy gear is Optifade for whitetail. Mostly looking for pants that are reasonably quiet, medium warmth, yet breathable since there will be plenty of hiking with my bow. Don’t care about the brand. I really like Sitka and have a lot, but have mostly gotten it because of discounts.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
That sucks man.. hope the situation gets rectified.
As an aside, anyone have recommendations for late September Montana elk gear? I have some light Sitka big game gear, but most of my medium too heavy gear is Optifade for whitetail. Mostly looking for pants that are reasonably quiet, medium warmth, yet breathable since there will be plenty of hiking with my bow. Don’t care about the brand. I really like Sitka and have a lot, but have mostly gotten it because of discounts.
I wear FL obsidian merino pants year around so that’s probably what I would wear.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Update: First Lite emailed me this morning and they are sending me another jacket, which is tremendous customer service.
Their customer service is awesome. Glad to hear they stepped up.

I'll be down your way on Friday for my first sit of the year. This cold front should have them acting dumb.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Their customer service is awesome. Glad to hear they stepped up.

I'll be down your way on Friday for my first sit of the year. This cold front should have them acting dumb.
Yeah I saw a cold front is coming through. I like that a lot better than the 80 degrees you guys have been at.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds