Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (4 Viewers)

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
WTF are you feeding that guy? Doritos?
Corn and beans for most of the year, but we’ve got some plots that are looking great right now with radish, turnips, clover, oats, rye… there is food all year for them. But it is a good year for size this year, and it should help our hunting that a good majority of the ag fields will be out by opening day on 10-1

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
My old man shot a 23 pointer back in the day. I’ll see if I can find a pic of the rack. It’s sweet. Split brow tines, etc.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
See any trout in that there stream?
Negative, ghost rider. I was too busy trying to discern the critter tracks around the bank area. Beyond one snake that just scared the absolute beJesus out of me (non-venomous, but its weird when the branches on the ground start slithering), no threatening creatures were sighted. Nor any trout at roughly 9.700 feet of elevation.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Starting bow hunting this year. Will be my first time ever. Have a friend showing me the ropes. Been shooting his back up bow the past couple weekends. Any recs on a good beginner brand?

Tbh I’ve found there’s so many gear fanatics out there that upgrade to the latest and greatest every year, you can get a nice new-to-you Hoyt/Mathews/Any of the top-of-the line brands for a pretty damn good price by just buying last years/2 years old model.

I bought the Hoyt I’m using now on EBay 1 year used on eBay for half the price.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Grab a few different brands off the rack and make sure they are set to your preferred draw weight and length. Shoot them all and it will become apparent which one you prefer.

Don't go cheap on your sight or rest.

Good call on the sight/rest.

I know I wish I would have just gotten used to a 1-pin sight out of the gate.

I’ve had a couple times with buck fever I’ve hit the rangefinder then started to pull the bow back forgetting to set the distance

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tbh I’ve found there’s so many gear fanatics out there that upgrade to the latest and greatest every year, you can get a nice new-to-you Hoyt/Mathews/Any of the top-of-the line brands for a pretty damn good price by just buying last years/2 years old model.

I bought the Hoyt I’m using now on EBay 1 year used on eBay for half the price.
My son did just this, but at Scheels on West Dodge. A lot of his other gear has been newly used off of eBay. Paying full retail for this stuff is really expensive.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds