Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (5 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
keeping with the FROG theme

this little dude ran 2/3s of the way across the street in front of me the other day

then stopped for the photo op

WTPmiLN.jpg
Thread is rapidly turning into an old Big 12 thread. We’ve got frogs (Gig ‘em, Aggies) and Horned Frogs (TCU).

Can we do the complete collection ITT?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve puked in Rulo enough to never miss Rulo
I used to meet a buddy who lived in the KC area "1/2 way" at the "Camp Rulo River Club" for lunch. I'm honestly surprised they let us back in the place after the 1st go-round. My buddy has a really caustic sense of humor (go figure) and he would eviscerate our waitress every time, primarily because she was "plump". I'm not sure they've ever heard a sense of humor honed by 15 years of living in NYC on Wall Street before. I'm sure the girl didn't really really what happened to her for several hours after we left as it was so deftly delivered and razor sharp.

Proof of visits to Rulo below:

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

I mean, it's such a beautiful, sophisticated venue ... 🤣

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I used to meet a buddy who lived in the KC area "1/2 way" at the "Camp Rulo River Club" for lunch. I'm honestly surprised they let us back in the place after the 1st go-round. My buddy has a really caustic sense of humor (go figure) and he would eviscerate our waitress every time, primarily because she was "plump". I'm not sure they've ever heard a sense of humor honed by 15 years of living in NYC on Wall Street before. I'm sure the girl didn't really really what happened to her for several hours after we left as it was so deftly delivered and razor sharp.

View attachment 2844

View attachment 2845

View attachment 2846

View attachment 2847

I’ve peed and puked in the parking lot many times

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

View attachment 2844

View attachment 2845

View attachment 2846

View attachment 2847

Man that must have been a long time ago! That building is now a hunting lodge for some outfitter. I cannot believe morons keep rebuilding or renovating along that river.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver

View attachment 2844

View attachment 2845

View attachment 2846

View attachment 2847

My high school gov't/journalism/history teacher had some good advice about Rulo and Richardson County: If you're ever invited to a hoe-down in Richardson County, don't go.

I’ve peed and puked in the parking lot many times
If we're related and you've spent enough time there to do that, I may have to disavow that we're related.

Alright, I'm being a hypocrite. I've peed and puked in a few places that I probably don't want to admit to.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Been down there many times. Great crappie fishing! They dumped huge clumps of Christmas trees in there years ago. Legit spot
Definitely the biggest crappies I've ever caught. A handful 16 or just a little under. Longest was close to 17.

Edit: I'm probably remembering wrong. Bet it was 14 not 16 and 15 not 17.

Last edited:

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Have some good fishing planned. Going to fish a day on Lewis Lake in Yellowstone beg of June with a guide. Might get out to a stream for a bit another day.
Frances case with dad middle of June
Ottertail with a group end of June

Should be at Kerwin right now with @Black5hirt but can't seem to get done with tax returns.
We’re heading to Oahe for a week preceding Memorial Day, would be fun if you could make it.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Definitely the biggest crappies I've ever caught. A handful 16 or just a little under. Longest was close to 17.
They were slabs! It was a great day! Jim’s family was nice. It was fun watching Jim and his brother do brother things. Jim’s brother talked a lot and Jim was quiet and waited for his brother to say something stupid and would let him know all about it. It was a fun day. I look forward to the next time.

Next time I’ll bring sunscreen though.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
View attachment 2852
I did find out where my cousin shot this in Nebraska, but I swore an oath not to tell.
It scored 361, but he said he couldn’t draw the bull out he wanted. It was in a field he didn’t have permission. He said it would have pushed close to 500. He said it’s the state record and he’ll get it. We’ll see. The record is in the 420’s I believe.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds