Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Our first RSS celebrity joined (2 Viewers)

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Oh guys come on. I love that I’m on here and will take anything you say about Dean that comes my way without any back talk but I’m not gonna bad mouth my old employer. He’s a goofy guy but he’s good at his job and he gave me a hell of an opportunity. He is easy to make fun of though so I get why you guys do it [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Oh guys come on. I love that I’m on here and will take anything you say about Dean that comes my way without any back talk but I’m not gonna bad mouth my old employer. He’s a goofy guy but he’s good at his job and he gave me a hell of an opportunity. He is easy to make fun of though so I get why you guys do it [emoji23][emoji23]

Can you give us the inside scoop at least on the "Papa Dean" talk after Allie's YOLO bomb?

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Can you give us the inside scoop at least on the "Papa Dean" talk after Allie's YOLO bomb?

Hahah well he never really addressed me about it because he knew I was never going to do something like that. Robin did text me in the middle of the thing saying something like “I see you’re staying as far away from that dumpster fire as possible.”

Sean basically told me what he told Allie and Rome which is RSS is a barren wasteland full of guys who will shit on you but you have to take it in stride. That’s why Matt and I were good with the subscribers is because we know what you guys do and how the scrolls operates. I don’t think Rome ever really got that, he hated the scrolls. Although he tried his best to put on a brave face and try to screw with everyone back but it never really worked.

Last edited:

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Hahah well he never really addressed me about it because he knew I was never going to do something like that. Robin did text me in the middle of the thing saying something like “I see you’re staying as far away as possible from that dumpster fire as possible.”

Sean basically told me what he told Allie and Rome which is RSS is a barren wasteland full of guys who will shit on you but you have to take it in stride. That’s why Matt and I were good with the subscribers is because we know what you guys do and how the scrolls operates. I don’t think Rome ever really got that, he hated the scrolls. Although he tried his best to put on a brave face and try to screw with everyone back but it never really worked.

That's hilarious. Yeah, it's a shitshow for sure. You were by far one of the best equipped to handle it. It's funny how Dean now openly tells the interns to stay away from the Scrolls.

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Wheels!

I am so p o'ed my sweet wheels gif won't load rn.

d7f218defe1a99eef16565ca9361ab61.gif

Not sure if this is your work or not but I love this gif. My buddies have caught on to it as well and send this in our Huskers group chat every once in a while

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
That's hilarious. Yeah, it's a shitshow for sure. You were by far one of the best equipped to handle it. It's funny how Dean now openly tells the interns to stay away from the Scrolls.

Yeah I never got that. He always likes to say “they’re not being paid to interact with the board” but that should be a big part of it in my opinion.

Especially with the sentiment the board has had the past few years. It’s not like it was when I first started back when I was like 13.

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Yeah I never got that. He always likes to say “they’re not being paid to interact with the board” but that should be a big part of it in my opinion.

Especially with the sentiment the board has had the past few years. It’s not like it was when I first started back when I was like 13.

Agreed. Pretty sure people aren't paying for the videos of young boys running around and the excellent content provided, but rather the community.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

Couple of questions.

Have you ever seen Dean proofread anything?
Has Dean ever told you how much he hates me?

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Goddamn terrific news here. Always loved the Wheels.

@slattimer already did it specifically, but I think it's worthwhile to be more general: Did the staff ever express any opinions about particular posters that stood out to you, positive or negative?

Yeah, definitely. I won’t go into specifics about certain posters but those guys definitely knew everyone’s schtick.

I’ve had conversations with Sean that went something like: “all of these jabronis think that they’re slick when I can see their email address or their IP address and if I were to email their actual email account, they wouldn’t be very tough then. They just act tough because they’re behind an avatar and a username”

I won’t hide it but I definitely had things to say about [mention]Jim14510 [/mention] and @oldred during baseball or football season. Those two always seemed to be the ones on my ass the most but it never bothered me enough to say something on the boards or to the HOL crew other than “well fuck this guy.”

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
d7f218defe1a99eef16565ca9361ab61.gif

Not sure if this is your work or not but I love this gif. My buddies have caught on to it as well and send this in our Huskers group chat every once in a while

Unfortunately no, I cannot take credit for that.

Funniest thing that ever happened during yore time with Dean and co?

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
During taping the podcast, how were you able to keep a straight face when he did his horrible “dumb Husker fan” impression. That voice makes me want to punch my own dick.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] loved that. I hope Sean one day leans into being a complete goofball and does more stuff like that to troll people but he never will.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I’ve had conversations with Sean that went something like: “all of these jabronis think that they’re slick when I can see their email address or their IP address and if I were to email their actual email account, they wouldn’t be very tough then. They just act tough because they’re behind an avatar and a username”

Hmm...Dean never did that for me....

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds