Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Our first RSS celebrity joined (2 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, definitely. I won’t go into specifics about certain posters but those guys definitely knew everyone’s schtick.

I’ve had conversations with Sean that went something like: “all of these jabronis think that they’re slick when I can see their email address or their IP address and if I were to email their actual email account, they wouldn’t be very tough then. They just act tough because they’re behind an avatar and a username”

I won’t hide it but I definitely had things to say about [mention]Jim14510 [/mention] and @oldred during baseball or football season. Those two always seemed to be the ones on my ass the most but it never bothered me enough to say something on the boards or to the HOL crew other than “well fuck this guy.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah fuck you @Jim14510

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Unfortunately no, I cannot take credit for that.

Funniest thing that ever happened during yore time with Dean and co?

So during taping of the practice reports, I would always be there behind the camera with Gregg while Sean did his thing and it was hilarious because Gregg is a grumpy old dude who is always mad about something with the camera and watching Sean and Gregg argue was sometimes like watching Burt and Ernie in their prime.

As for me, I was in Colorado for the game last year as a fan and we got to a bar and my friends and I ran into the whole HOL crew that was there. At this point I was absolutely hammered and didn’t remember much other than talking with Sean/Robin/Grace(I think?) and then a few Colorado scrollers. I didn’t even know this happened but realized it did when said scroller posted about it but apparently I was nice enough to buy a pitcher for everyone in the group but I managed to spill the entire thing.

It was only Coors Light though so no harm, no foul.

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, definitely. I won’t go into specifics about certain posters but those guys definitely knew everyone’s schtick.

I’ve had conversations with Sean that went something like: “all of these jabronis think that they’re slick when I can see their email address or their IP address and if I were to email their actual email account, they wouldn’t be very tough then. They just act tough because they’re behind an avatar and a username”

I won’t hide it but I definitely had things to say about [mention]Jim14510 [/mention] and @oldred during baseball or football season. Those two always seemed to be the ones on my ass the most but it never bothered me enough to say something on the boards or to the HOL crew other than “well fuck this guy.”

Yeah, that all sounds about right. I'm more split on Dean than most of the guys here, it seems, many of whom skew entirely negative. I enjoy the teasing, because he makes it very easy in the ways everyone describes. At the same time, I have to respect his tenacity and the clear chip on his shoulder that's led him to be one of the more prominent media personalities in the state. That's not bullshit; he's clearly good at what he does. I bet he's also pretty decent to the folks he considers "his guys."

The rest of the staff all seem like genuinely good guys, too. I'd like to have a drink with any of them.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
So during taping of the practice reports, I would always be there behind the camera with Gregg while Sean did his thing and it was hilarious because Gregg is a grumpy old dude who is always mad about something with the camera and watching Sean and Gregg argue was sometimes like watching Burt and Ernie in their prime.

As for me, I was in Colorado for the game last year as a fan and we got to a bar and my friends and I ran into the whole HOL crew that was there. At this point I was absolutely hammered and didn’t remember much other than talking with Sean/Robin/Grace(I think?) and then a few Colorado scrollers. I didn’t even know this happened but realized it did when said scroller posted about it but apparently I was nice enough to buy a pitcher for everyone in the group but I managed to spill the entire thing.

It was only Coors Light though so no harm, no foul.

Speaking of Gregg and drinking, how much can that man put back?

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Speaking of Gregg and drinking, how much can that man put back?

@huskerj12

gZ0rD6.gif

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

tenor.gif

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was a doozy. Essentially posted a very long "ok boomer" thread saying how she was proud to be a millennial and that boomers and Gen X'ers ain't shit, which comprises 95% of Dean's subscription base.

Does anyone recall what thread that was? Did they take it down?

I recall sending Allie a gif...I don't recall details. Just recall she did not like it haha.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds