Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Other Fanbase Reactions: Frost News (1 Viewer)

TEXAS

• Scott Frost returns: Will have his contract restructured
  • We shall see if keeping someone and giving them time works. He’s getting plenty of time. It’s so hard to recruit to Nebraska. They are in such a bad geographical location and don’t have many high level recruits within proximity of their campus. They are what they are and I don’t ever see that changing. Times have changed I believe.
  • People can crap on the B12 all they want and rightly so. But going to the B1G really hurt them. They lost the ability to consistently recruit Texas and that’s what did them in.
  • If they could get a QB they could compete!
  • Got the Harbaugh treatment
  • I think it's smart for Nebraska to keep him honestly. As you said, it's really, really hard to recruit to Nebraska these days, and I don't think that is likely to improve with the current direction of CFB (NIL, conference realignment, etc.).
  • I just think Nebraska needs to re-set expectations for the program in the new CFB world.
  • CFB is Better, when Texas & Nebraska are good
  • I think they have championship aspirations due to their history of winning but that just isn’t realistic expectations with the landscape in CFB.
  • Oof, Huskers are cleaning house
  • Seems dumb to make the firings effective immediately. Still got games to play and recruiting to be done.
  • This is the world we live in with sigining day being in December now.
  • Nebraska has lost every game by singal digits
  • Good move. Maybe we should have done that with Herman. Can't believe I am saying that
  • Not possible, especially with the way he was universally disliked

OKLAHOMA

• FROST GETS ONE MORE YEAR
  • With restructured contract. Announcement from athletic director Turd Alberts
  • I cant imagine the fan base is happy about this. For Frost, he needs to find a game changer at QB to get them over the hump.
  • Not surprised. They have been competitive in every game - they probably should have beaten us and MSU.
  • They are basically a good kicker way from a winning record.
  • My guess is he has to get to and probably win a bowl next year to keep his job.
  • I don't know if he has a good eye for quarterbacks. He turned down Joe Burrow because he said he had better QBs on the roster.
  • To be fair, no one thought joe Burrow was JOE BURROW when he transferred.
  • Nebraska hasn't been that bad this year. They played tough games against four top 10 teams. Given all the circumstances, I would give Frost another shot.
  • I actually don’t hate the decision. They have been switching coaches like changing socks for the better part of two decades and where has it gotten them?
  • The guy has lost a whole bunch of close games this season. Some to good teams, some to crap teams.
  • Yeah but at what point does 4-8, 5-7, 3-5 and now 3-7 still keep buying you time?
  • Frost may be better than anyone else they could get.
  • Nebraska has lost to top 10 teams 4 teams by an average of 5.5 points.
  • It appears the fans are pretty split on giving Frosty one more year.
  • Per ESPN, NEB would have to pay Frost $20 mil if they fire him before Jan 1. It therefore probably makes financial sense to keep him on for another season.
  • Sounds like Frost fired the whole offensive staff.
  • They should stick with Frost. Team hasn’t quit on him. They are competitive. Just need to learn how to close out a win. I’m not a fan of dumping coaches every three years.
  • They’ve been terrible ever since they fired Solich and he won 10 games the year they fired him.
  • I’ve talked with a lot of my Husker buddies up here and told them how much this reminds me of the Blake years before Stoops was brought in. Frost has some decent talent on the team, but he’s clueless on how to manage the games.
  • Who else could they get? And do they really want to be in the market with LSU and USC open?
  • If Rattler would transfer to Nebraska ,he would have to face us next year. That would suck.
  • If NEB parts with Frost after the 2022 season, I hope they are smart enough to make Matt Campbell an offer he can't refuse. I believe MC could do more at NEB than he has done in Ames.
  • A Caleb v. Spencer matchup would be must see TV.
  • The Bugeaters also gave tOSU all they wanted in last weeks game.

COLORADO

• Erik Chinander should look for a better DC gig. He's done a hell of a job at ****braska
  • How many years in a row have the nubs been the mythical moral victory national champs?
  • Since we just got done with Oregon State.....how many times did those who listened or watched on TV hear the phrase "****braska transfer"?
  • Read that Martinez has been playing with a broken jaw since since September. All ****er-bashing aside for a moment, that sound hideous.
  • Maybe if Frost got his jaw broken they would wire it shut and his team would play better.
  • Well........he does have a pretty punchable grimace.
  • Can't blame the AD. Who wouldn't want to extend the most successful 3 win coach in the country?
  • It should read “Turd Alberts forces a completely inept Scott Frost to fire four assistant coaches in order to save his own skin.”
  • So I guess lubck has been the one calling all those turnover plays this whole time
  • Lubick is surprising. I thought he has do e pretty well with the tools he has. Their O #s are decent. Just a crappy QB
  • I think Frost firing the Offensive Staff, when everyone knows he's running the offense, tells you all you need to know about him.
  • Someone should come in and pry away their DC, which is the only reason they have been in games this year.
  • What is the retired muppet turned QB coach going to do?
  • Scotty has a temper tantrum and goes Scorched Earth before his own demise. I hope his wife is ****ing the mailman…..
  • So Scott Frost has to win or else next season with a new offensive coaching staff plus new QB. I can see the Corn excuses in 2023 when they lose at Folsom Field: new coaching staff.
  • New QB? Is he better than what they already have?
  • JUST NO WAY this is a serious quote from their AD.
  • Translation, TLDR: Scott Frost's buyout is too huge to get done, so we will reset and the fan base will stay interested...
  • Off topic, but I do think the "Oregon offense" has been figured out and it doesn't work all that well anymore. Chip Kelly doesn't run it anymore, Oregon certainly doesn't run it and I'm not sure anyone is still really running it with any effectiveness.
  • A lot of it was predicated on going fast, and not allowing the D to substitute and that is off limits now.
  • Part of me wants it to be true that a program can be resurrected by hiring new assistants while retaining the HC. I just don't want it to be true for ****braska.
  • Frost is in a tough place. He either has to convince Martinez to come back for his final season (and there is absolutely no reason to think that Captain Turnover will be any different next year) or, he has to push out his first and most important recruit, and roll with a new QB (freshman or grad transfer). All with his job very publicly on the line.
  • Completely at a loss for what Frost was thinking here- he reduced his salary AND the buyout?
  • Now he's laid out the red carpet for them to fire his sorry ass next year at a greatly reduced buyout. ****ing idot.
  • That kNU education really helped Frost…shoulda stayed at Stanford, ya big dummy!
  • I am sensing that ****braska is going to go full Cockeye-fed power football or they are going to hire an OC to run the wishbone.

UCF

• Frost fires four offensively coaches, Beckton remains
  • “It worked at UCF, but there's a reason why you see very few head coaches call the offense or defense at the high-Power Five level."
  • Someone remind me...when has Nebraska been a "high-Power Five level" program...1997/1999? They haven't been to a bowl game since 2016.
  • 7 guys from the 2017 team made NFL rosters. That’s all you need to know. That doesn’t even include the Heisman-level QB that was playing.
  • Frost just doesn’t have enough talent to do what he wants to do. After a couple years, though, you’d think he’d stop trying to put the big square peg in the little round hole.
  • surprised he fired Ryan Held
  • guess Beckton is happy up there …figured he would try to head back South
  • I don't see why a head coach can't call plays. Don't some coaches call plays in the NFL?
  • they're probably talking about the conference they're in and the multiple top 10 teams they've played this year
  • Because he’s in charge of entire team. Not just the offense. OC needs to be with the offense when they aren’t on field to discuss what needs to happen going forward. He can’t do that because he needs to watch defense and special teams because he’s in charge of them too. CEOs don’t run the shipping docks because they are in charge of entire operation. Hire someone that can solely run the offense. He can still call a play or 2.
  • Beckton
  • it’s clear Gus wants to connect with UCF people.
  • Tight End play has been horrendous since he’s left there’s really no disputing that. We can talk about not using them all we want, but Hescock and Holler are not good
  • I know some with say, “well he took his ball and left after not getting hc job”, but now it’s a new ad so no bridges have been burnt.
  • We need to figure out a way to invite him back.
  • Yes, bring him back. I don’t think anyone blames him for leaving for more money with the fat turd coming in.
  • ehh are there any new up and comers? one retreading coach is enough
  • At one time or another, Beckton has coached WR, Defensive Backs, and TE at UCF...and every unit he has coached has been good. You find a way to use those people if they are available.
  • i seem to recall the same.
  • no issues bringing him back if he vibes with the new staff!
  • He also connects well with FL high school coaches. Bring Becton back!
  • Bring him back as Special Teams coach
  • Beckton is one of those dudes that everyone has a positive impression of.

OHIO STATE

• WE BROKE NEBRASKA - 4 OFFENSIVE COACHES FIRED!
  • This is highly unusual to have a housecleaning of this magnitude with any games left to play.
  • Was it a move by Frost to save his own job?
  • I would bet money that this was all part of the long hard look in the mirror Scott Frost was forced to take as his contract was being restructured.
  • Sounds like the administration made Scott an offer he couldn't refuse, and that offer included cutting bait with some assistants.
  • Power move by Alberts.
  • Just following the Brian Kelly playbook, blame everyone else except yourself.
  • Scott Frost can only wish that he achieves a fraction of the success Kelly has enjoyed at Notre Dame.
  • It feels like they reduced Frost's compensation and will use that money to spend on new assistants. Smart move.
  • Rumor has it Alberts told Frost he can't bring Martinez back for possible 5th covid year.
  • But Klatt said during the game that Martinez may be the best QB in the Big Ten... Lol
  • Two missed field goal and a shit punt sure made a huge difference. They should of beat many teams this year.
  • I thought I read something a while back that indicated Martinez intended to play another year
  • Nebraska has been broken well before we came along. We CAN take credit for Clemson and Miami, though.
  • we'll break Bama soon as well. I still think this year we do that.
  • If anything, moving to the Big Ten, out of Nebraska's traditional recruiting regions, broke Nebraska.
  • Frost wants to remain employed at Nebraska he needs to divorce himself from A Martinez.
  • Martinez just needed better talent around him.
  • If the stories were true, Scott Frost may have to find some new dudes to party with.
  • I just want to know if they kept the mysterious looking dude that is always standing behind Frost at games wearing black and dark shades.
  • Noticed him on Saturday. From the stories, I just thought it was Frost’s weed guy.
  • Um.. They almost broke the Bucks. A little humility goes a long way. They were in the game until Wypler recovered the strip-sack
  • A bad QB will make an entire team look bad. The problem with Nebby is their QB play. That is a good team that keeps games close.
  • We beat them by more points than anyone else has. They definitely have improved over the last few years.
  • We didn’t break them, stop. This is a result of not having a winning record in any year of his 4 year tenure.
  • Just get Frost a support monkey and he will be fine.
  • I think Nebraska did the right thing keeping Frost for at least 1 more year, but that offense absolutely needs to be revamped, so this is probably due, just weird to make it happen mid-season.

MICHIGAN STATE

• Scott Frost coming back in 2022!
  • Someone check on the guy with the herbal supplements in his bathroom.
  • They're just as trapped with Frosty Boi as Michigan is with Jimmy H....and I love it.
  • Man the B1G West is dysfunctional. Bielema is going to make Indy (again) before Frost does.
  • Adrian Martinez will return as QB for his 12th season at Nebraska
  • I think he actually does have another year, lol.
  • Gluttons for punishment obviously.
  • congrats to Scott Frost anyway #ICEY
  • Did he take a pay cut?
  • This is simply a matter of them knowing they'd be 5th or 6th on a list that includes LSU, USC, TCU, etc etc. I'm sure he'll be canned next year.
  • In his restructured contract, Scott Frost will pay the University to coach the Huskers. Final details will be released soon.
  • If I were a fan I’d want more triple option from gun. It’s impossible to defend for 60 minutes with that talent.
  • How funny would it be if they ran the table next year... I'd giggle.
  • It’s just been reported that Nebraska has fired their OC, OL coach, QB coach, and RB coach, effective immediately.
  • They still gonna let Frost pick his new staff then?
  • They'll choose whatever the most dysfunctional option is.
  • Wasn’t any mention of that, but at this time of year, who is available? Family members?
  • Carl Pelini, come on down.
  • Freaking hilarious. Ok Scott, you can come back, but we're canning all of your staff. Have a nice off season, love and kisses!
  • And they are building a brand new 135 million dollar football facility right now. That program is all messed up.
  • saw him at weely press conference at noon on B1G network, basically begging to keep his job. "I love being the coach of these guys"...."we are so close....." rinse, wash and repeat.
  • Pretty classy guy. Let his assistants take the fall for the bad job he has done.
  • They’ve had Lions level bad luck and stupid mistakes this year. They’re not a bad team. I bet they win 8-9 games next year.
  • I'm not going to say it will happen, but look at MSU's 2012 season, then look what happened in 2013.
  • How does he not have a ST coach? That may be a good place to start.
  • Their season reminds me of MSU circa 2012. And we all know what happened the following year...

MICHIGAN

• Looks like retaining Frost came with an ultimatum of cleaning house on the offensive side of the coaching staff.
  • I naturally assume Scott Frost's mom will be taking over QB coaching duties after she did so well with her son
  • “I got my extension, but ya’ll suck and you’re fired”
  • Did he get extended though? He got a pay cut and a lower buyout.
  • Frost took a pay cut from 5 to $4mil a year and radically reduced his buyout. He is still contracted thru 2026. Harbaugh was extended, Frost was restructured.
  • This is actually a huge olive branch by Frost.
  • Better late than never they always say.
  • Given that we're stuck playing these guys for the next 6 straight years, I rather hope that he continues to suck.
  • Never forget 1997. May he suck forever.
  • It's almost like he sold his soul for that kicked ball vs Missouri and now the devil has come to collect.
  • Honestly i thought Nebraska was a pretty good team this year. I know their record doesnt show it, but they play everybody extremely tough and their resume is full of close losses to really good teams.
  • Except they did most of the damage with Adrian Martinez, and I bet he ain't coming back. So they'll have to ride with either a freshman or a transfer.
  • Having a new Offensive brain trust will help the transition. It's a good move imho. They are close, and I'm not looking forward to us playing them while Frost is there.
  • They seem to be similar to MSU - except with absolutely no luck. MSU might be the luckiest team out there.
  • I cannot think of an example where a coach got one more year and it actually worked out. The timing seems bad.
  • Wow, firing 4 offensive coaches before the season is over. Should really help their offensive execution over their last few games!
  • TCU just upset Baylor after Gary Patterson left.
  • It’s a bad look for Nebraska overall. Canning coaches during the season is for egregious behavior/performance.
  • Bo Pelini and his cat are rested and ready for their triumphant return.
  • If we're being honest, he's taking a page from the Harbaugh playbook here.
  • Didn't Frost bring these guys from UCF? If so, perhaps this is one of those times where the guys he brought were just over their head in the Big 10.
  • Apparently, Martinez has been playing with a broken jaw (!), and a high ankle sprain to boot. How the hell is he still playing? It's not like they have a perfect season to protect.
  • Should kick the tires and see if Tom Herman is interested in returning to college as an OC.
  • What if Nebraska gets Spencer Rattler? Whole new ball game for Frost and Co.
  • Put Spencer Rattler + Sonny Cumbie (TCU - not getting head job) or Rhett Lashlee (Miami - Diaz will get fired) as the OC on Nebraska.
  • Looking a higher powered Purdue. Not world-beaters by any stretch, but that's not a team I'd want to play
  • Not a good year for Nebraska to be searching for a coach. USC and LSU already have openings and Florida looks to be a sure thing.
  • The problem is Scott Frost has to sell himself first as a coach and… that’s a tough sell right now.
  • Couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.
  • HOW COULD HE DO THIS ON SCOTT FROST DAY?
  • Nebraska is basically the Tennessee of the B1G, which is funny considering both schools hated on us hard back in 1997.

PENN STATE

• You know I am shocked by this but.... I also think it may be the best move for Nebraska. The truth. The team is way better than their record. They are the best 3-7 team in the country.
  • I think this was the only move Nebraska could make. If you fire frost, you show that you won’t even give the prodigal son enough time to turn things around. If he isn’t given enough time, who would?
  • Since the Illinois game, they have actually played OK football every time I watched them. They just seem to lose close games for whatever reason.
  • I honestly thought Frost would do well there and make them at least respectable. Will be interesting to see what they look like next year.
  • I would have been more shocked if Frost was fired.
  • They really haven't played that bad. They need a QB in the worst way though
  • I’m struggling to think of any other programs that would bring back a guy like Frost in his current situation back for a 5th season. Certainly none in the SEC.
  • That is some Midwestern hospitality for sure.
  • In many ways it'd be like Michigan firing Harbaugh.
  • Also, admittedly, they have been “one year away” from taking the next step for the past 3 years… I think it might actually be true this time.
  • They absolutely should be at the top of the Big Ten West every year. The only program in the west that (arguably) has more advantage than them is Wisconsin.
  • Give Frost another year. I have no issue with that.
  • If Klieman strings together a good two year run, you make a move on him next December.
  • So essentially Frost dropped his buyout price and is entering 2022 on a 1-year “Show Me” contract.
  • I guess Frost doesn't have any mirrors in his home.
  • Scott Frost is the best they are going to get. Assistant coaches are much more easily replaceable.
  • i will say, i have no idea what type of offense Nebraska is trying to run when i watch them.
  • Martinez has another year left
  • Jesus Christ. I feel like he’s been around for a decade. Put him out to pasture.
  • As they say in the farming industry....time to move him to the finishing barn.
  • Nebraska should never ever ever be 10-23 in conference. People say "who are they going to get that's better" Anyone. Literally anyone.
  • Yeah he’s a 12th year senior, switched majors a couple times
  • Look at nebraskas schedule next season. You’re looking at 3-0 to start with an absolutely monster home game against Oklahoma. You find a way to win that and you’re 4-0 before playing at Rutgers and home against IU before the bye week. If they can’t get to a damn bowl game with that easy early schedule then all hope is lost.
  • For some reason I think Bill O'Brien would be the perfect fit there all around. Think he'd be a pretty good national recruiter, he can build an offense with the random parts he'd find as a national recruiter, and I think his no BS persona would fit well there.
  • Nebraska will try for BOB and get Doug Marrone.

MARYLAND

• Frost agrees to a restructured deal with Nebraska. I figured he was toast, even with the buyout.
  • Four assistants gone too. Always thought it was a risk bringing the whole UCF staff with him.
  • Have to wonder if he can even upgrade at this point or if it's too little too late
  • Gonna be hard and they'll have to overpay because of his lack of job security.
  • He’ll be fine with Alberts as AD.
  • His squad has improved and been competitive each week of late. Unlike Locks he can actually coach/gameplan week to week based on opponent.
  • It’s not a very good job. They’re very competitive. It’s understandable they don’t want to start from scratch.
  • At least his teams have not had any 25-35 kind of losses. I saw them play Ohio State and I thought it was competitive for a lot of it.
  • I think Frost is still their best option.
  • you can't hire all your friends
  • It seems like every game that they are close Martinez does something to seal the win for the other team
  • It’s not a very good job? Are you kidding me?!?! They sell out whether they are 10-0 or 0-10….it’s a great job.
  • Martinez played when Devaney was coach didn't he? LOL
  • If it was such a good job they'd be better than they've been the past 20 years.
  • They have no recruiting territory. Who wants to go and be in Lincoln for 4 years
  • For no recruiting territory they do alright in recruiting though. They usually finish in the top 25.
  • This is so overblown. Who wants to go be in Blacksburg for 4 years? Or Ames, Cockeye? Ever been to Auburn? Eugene, Oregon? It’s almost a prerequisite to be in the middle of nowhere to be a college football power.
  • Is that the improvement Nebraska is looking for? Seems a long way off from Pelini winning 9 or 10 games every year

RUTGERS

• OT-Scott Frost's Contract Restructured
  • He lives to lose another game.
  • Winning is difficult in the B1G.
  • Thanks from the entire b1g.
  • He was a total dick last year regarding the covid thing. Even implied that Nebraska would find opponents to play etc. Very un-B1G.
  • Hope he never wins again
  • He just fired all but 1 offensive coach.
  • Adrian Martinez can return for another year if he chooses too.
  • As Stuart Mandel's tweets note , Frosts's record does not tell the entire story....they may be the best 3-7 team in the country and have played everyone tough.
  • I hope they find a new qb. Don’t think Martinez is the answer for them.
  • I think his legacy as a NC QB for Neb has helped his job status
  • By year 4 they should have gotten to a bowl, he’s not been able to get to .500, that program was not in terrible shape when he took over.
  • They should have tucked their tail between their legs and gone back to the big 12
  • They play top teams close yes but they also play close and lose to teams not as good as well. They play just about everyone close regardless of very good or not. His record in close games is bad. You’d think just law of averages would get you more but nope.
  • If Frost was a defensive minded coach I’d say good but it’s the side of the ball he’s from and it’s the opposite side that’s actually doing better.
  • Frost needs a better QB. Martinez's plusses do not erase his minuses.
  • Bo: "We'll see what they can do when I'm f$$king gone."
  • Maybe Nebraska learned its lesson when it fired Solich after a 9-3 record and then didn't come close to that record for several years afterward
  • I didn’t know Mario verduzco of rutgers lore was on the Nebraska staff until his firing today . He coached some awful teams here

INDIANA

• Nebraska fired a number of coachs, not Frost
  • Frost and Alberts are joined at the hip
  • What is an Offensive Coordinators "job" when the Head Coach is actually calling the plays? Other than play scape-goat, of course.
  • On the heels of one of their best games (against the Buckeyes) last weekend. Of course, that may have been regarded as a plus for their defense more than offense, don't know.
  • Why can other schools do this but not us?
  • Also based upon the list posted on other threads, Austin would make a great addition to our program
  • Another Big Ten team that we'll have to compete with for an offensive staff.
  • Yea but luckily they have more money and are starting the search before us
  • Might have been a “get rid of them or I get rid of you” demand by the AD.
  • Interesting since Frost himself might get canned; and if he's back good luck with blending together four new offensive coaches
  • If I'm a college Coach, I'm not hitching my wagon to the Frost train. No future. I'd expect to see several decommits from their team as a result, the only reason to wait until after signing day.
  • The AD went on the record today and said he will be back next year and he believe where the program is headed.
  • Good luck getting coordinators to join that sinking ship though. No way he survives another 6 or less win season
  • Have to imagine it woukd be a tough sell.
  • “Come join us and if things aren’t going well I am going to fire you before the season ends”

WISCONSIN

• Frost letting staff go
  • So who coaches their offense the rest of the season?
  • The speculation is that Frost will do the OC job, and some analysts will take position coaching assignments. They have a bye week before our game.
  • Martinez is gonna be running for his life against us
  • Sticking with Martinez is a big part of why their offense had a massive overhaul in staff today.
  • 2022 salary dropped 1million...wow
  • Apparently Frost went to the AD with the restructuring proposal.
  • He had to see the writing on the wall. If he did, being proactive may have saved his job.
  • If Frost hires an OC who runs the ball north and south they could become a factor in the west quickly.

MINNESOTA

• Nebraska to retain Frost
  • The Athletic (subscription) reporting Frost will be back for 2022, under a "restructured contract"
  • Through 42 games, Scott Frost and Tim Brewster share identical 15-27 records.
  • I actually would’ve rather they fired him. He probably isn’t good and probably won’t turn them around. But if they fire him it’s over. They become Minnesota in 1979 (or worse)
  • He will be making multiple changes to the offensive assistants though
  • Frost has kept his team close with really good teams. Just can't finish. I'm just not sure if he's a very good coach. Keep him around and let's see what's up. I don't mind beating Nebraska on a yearly basis.
  • It may seem funny.....but even with a losing record.....this is probably the best his team has looked. I'd prefer them to dump him and restart....because with the talent they bring in.....they might not be the kicking can of the B10 for much longer.
  • YES! Frosty stay's. Christmas, and the gift that keeps on giving in November for the Big 10 West!
  • Losing that many close games is a sign of poor coaching. Not making a bowl game in 4 seasons at Nebraska, while playing in the B1G west is a sign of poor coaching.
  • Lovie Smith went to a bowl game in his 4th season. Brewster did it in seasons 2 and 3. Mike Riley did it his first 2 seasons at Nebraska.
  • His recruiting class is ranked last in the B1G currently. They are just delaying the inevitable, which is fine by me. I'll keep laughing.
  • Frost doesn't seem to be a very good coach. His teams should be far better with the talent they have. They've completely ruined Martinez.
  • Still have an inkling that he could get that program going.
  • I looked at their schedule for 2022 and would say it's, arguably, easier
  • Needs to have the new coaches in place by November 28th for recruiting
  • Nebraska's whole problem is that they have been a revolving door under Frost. This doesn't help. He's like Brewster in more ways than one.
  • why would he accept reduced guaranteed money? Because Nebraska would roll over on him to fire him for cause for ncaa violations. Saves Nebraska 10 million or so firing him next year. Saves him a next job for not being fired for ncaa violations.
  • Fired his OC for the second time in four years - and he calls the plays.
  • Frost is a lousy coach....and a lousy leader to boot. I can't imagine Fleck throwing anyone under the bus like Scoot does.
  • Yes, and let's face it, Nebraska still has more talent on their roster than Minnesota.
  • It is a myth that Frost recruits better than most of the BIG West. He does not have a QB to replace Martinez and only has one RB.
  • Bitter pills to swallow.
  • Hopefully we won’t have to test the Rattler scenario next year. That’d be pretty funny.
  • It strikes me as being very odd that they're firing all those offensive coaches despite being ranked 19th in total offense in all of D1 football. What am I missing here?
  • Jerry Kill has more wins vs ranked opponents as head coach of TCU than Frost does at Nebraska.
  • So Nebby saves about $8.5M if it fires him next year as opposed to this season.

PURDUE

• Looks like Nebraska is sticking with Frost
  • Restructured contract. He took a million dollar pay cut and a 50% reduction in his buyout.
  • I'm surprised.
  • Not something I think you see in the college game much. More in the pros where a declining player will take a cut so the team can have more cap flexibility.
  • I guess it benefits both sides. Frost gets another chance, but he becomes much cheaper to fire if things don't improve next year.
  • Smart move
  • Got to hit the portal hard, with NIL deals to pass out like Halloween candy.
  • Nebby was screwed either way.
  • They, like so many other once proud and dominant programs, live in the past and have a difficult time accepting reality...it is why Pelini was fired
  • As someone posted yesterday.. “gotta protect that 77th ranked recruiting class” lol

Cockeye

• OT: Sports Illustrated - Nebraska Has Admitted Defeat
  • Maybe or they just can’t come to terms that the 90s glory QB isn’t going to get it done.
  • I think they know how difficult a job it is, they see a glimmer of hope so are holding out for a bit longer.
  • Will the players just go through the motions this year and tank it for their bus driving coach?
  • I see a shift, Nebraska is a tough out. Brutal schedule, they are playing tough.
  • Going to be a really hard game for us to win this year.
  • The other aspect is how many fans will show up in Lincoln on the Friday they play Cockeye?
  • 88,000. What else is there to do?
  • they sell out every game regardless of how many fans show up.
  • Wait, you are allowed to fire assistant coaches?
  • Nebraska football is effectively in the same place as Indiana basketball, with fan expectations based on what they saw in a fundamentally different era.
  • The restructuring sure seems to set up "fire after year 5 but greatly reduce the buyout clause."
  • Well I guess the crypt keeper Osborne has spoken and told alberts to give him a 5th year. if he wasn’t an alum no way he comes back after 4 straight losing seasons. Seriously what other school brings back a coach for a 5th year who is under .500 previous 4. Maybe Kansas? I don’t even think Cockeye st or Rutgers would do that anymore.
  • Nebraska is the only school in the country to demote their entire roster by one class year.
  • On top of that their recruiting is the worst it's ever been AND they may actually be entertaining the thought of bringing back Adrian Martinez for a 5th year of losing QB play.
  • Thank you Turd Alberts!!!!!
  • Frost now throwing his assistants under the bus just like he does with his players.
  • Hey, good for them. I'd take an offensive house cleaning.
  • I actually thought Duvalle would be the first scapegoat cause that is a team loaded with Pussys.
  • but they were so close
  • Perhaps this is Nebraska’s 21st-century lot in life: a fifth year for a guy who makes Bo Pelini and Frank Solich look like [Bob] Devaney and Osborne. Perhaps the Cornhuskers are settling for submediocre because they know that the 1990s are gone forever
  • I think it comes down to Martinez trying to do more than he’s capable of.
  • Those fans are so hopelessly stuck in the 90’s they’ll buy anything that indicates change is progressive and betterment.
  • Sounds like Turd has practiced negotiating skills at UNO.
  • I have it on good authority Frost was hiding in a closet while Alberts was firing the four assistant coaches.
  • Cockeye is officially their super bowl, even their media is acknowledging this now. Not a rivalry though…
  • What's one more year of losing when you've had 5 losing seasons in a row?
  • If that idiot can't put together a winning record next year he never will.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
They'll choose whatever the most dysfunctional option is.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds