Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT- dog owners/vet GITT, please (5 Viewers)

HuskerChemist

TheScientist
Elite Member
IMG_2118.jpeg
I’m a new dog owner, we got our Brittany in march. This bald spot showed up last weekend, at first we thought it was him just railing against his collar, but we changed collars and it looks worse. We are taking him in tomorrow, but i thought I’d ask the fine folks at tPB if they’ve ever seen this, he’s up to date on shots, tick and flea, and dewormer… any help fellas?

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Picture is not good

Is that his neck?
Could be a Hot Spot?
Could be an allergy ?
My pup Sebastian had allergies and scratched himself raw some places.
Fixed with a Vet test to find out what he was allergic too. (*every fucking thing, except Duck)
Changed his food. All good.

Post better pic of the dog. And not just of the problem.

Hope he's OK soon!

💙🩵💙

HuskerChemist

TheScientist
Elite Member
Picture is not good

Is that his neck?
Could be a Hot Spot?
Could be an allergy ?
My pup Sebastian had allergies and scratched himself raw some places.
Fixed with a Vet test to find out what he was allergic too. (*every fucking thing, except Duck)
Changed his food. All good.

Post better pic of the dog. And not just of the problem.

Hope he's OK soon!

💙🩵💙
He chased a rabbit while on his lead and got yoinked once he hit the end of his rope, which gave him kind of a bump or blister, then his collar just rubbed on it till this. We switched to a prong collar and it seems to be healing, vet says puppy was being a puppy and just needs to rest from his normal collar for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2316.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 14

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
He chased a rabbit while on his lead and got yoinked once he hit the end of his rope, which gave him kind of a bump or blister, then his collar just rubbed on it till this. We switched to a prong collar and it seems to be healing, vet says puppy was being a puppy and just needs to rest from his normal collar for a while.

Good to hear and yikes thats a nasty mark.

My dog wears a regular collar, with tags, license and a tracker.
When I take him out, i always use the prong collar like you have there with his leash attached.
That way if something ever happens and he gets loose from the leash:
if the prongs pop off, or the leach connection comes off, or the leash breaks etc,
then he still has his normal collar on. for when someone finds him.

He should heal fast. He's a great looking puppy. Glad he's gonna be OK.

ISUforNU

Cornerback
Elite Member
The chocker chain collar probably isn't helping things.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Apologies for not seeing this sooner, I’m glad it worked out. First picture was hard to see but my instinct was a hot spot caused by spider bite. I’m seeing tons of them this year. Your vets explanation makes sense as well. You dog just be a persistent SOB

HuskerChemist

TheScientist
Elite Member
Halo collar is simply awesome.

GBR
We tried the halo collar and it was aweful, didn’t make noises didn’t static after boundary and then kept shocking after reentry…had the damn thing go completely dark 2x and he ran for the hills…looking at trying spot on collar

BugeaterInWa

Linebacker
Elite Member
We tried the halo collar and it was aweful, didn’t make noises didn’t static after boundary and then kept shocking after reentry…had the damn thing go completely dark 2x and he ran for the hills…looking at trying spot on collar

Wierd, ours.(or his) has been awesome.

HuskerChemist

TheScientist
Elite Member
Update for anyone interested, following vets orders moved him to a full body harness for awhile, and it’s healing well, over the weekend the boys presented him at fair for 4H and while obedience didn’t go the greatest, Finn (the dog) and my oldest won grand champion in the showmanship portion!

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
@kenyanfeline any recommendation for a dog covered is mosquito bites? He’s pretty itchy and uncomfortable. Up today on flea and tick and have ruled those out

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds